IGNORED

Formula 1?

Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone into the greatest motorsport there is? I've been following for about 4 years now. Went to my first race this year, just a few weeks back at the USGP at Indy. Indianapolis is a great place to catch an F1 race, the city is so small you are bound to run into people. I got to meet my favorite racer, Robert Kubica. He was hanging out in the hotel lobby where I was staying.

Watching on TV is great, but seeing the cars run in person is probably a trazillion times better. They are SOOOOO loud, and fast, and powerful I can't really put it into words. When I got my first taste of them running live, the emotion I felt as they passed practically brought me to tears. You can feel the power rushing through you.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this year was my first year missing the race since 2003. Last year we camped out right across the street from the track. 50 bucks for the entire weekend plus 5 bucks per shower.

I can't wait to go back next year.

What's your team? Driver?

I'm a BMW guy, loving their performance in the last couple races. But I must say, this Lewis Hamilton is something else. I'd like to be a Ferrari fan, but everyone is a Ferrari fan. I've been following Spyker though, they use their engines. That's close enough.

I'm a huge F1 fan. I've been watching for years. I started when I was still in high school in the late 80s (man that was hard to keep track of F1 in the US back then). I was (and still am) a McClaren fan. Back then it was McHonda with Senna and Prost.

Now I'm a big Ferrari fan too so this season is a lot of fun for me.

What's your team? Driver?

Honda Fan all the way. So I like Button/Barrichello/Davidson/Sato. And even though I don't like the Ferrari team I'm a big Kimi fan.

I have managed to watch almost every race live for the past 20 years. went to one..Sepang in 2002. Maranello fan all the way...the sight of two Ferraris going down the straight in formation...something else.

Honda Fan all the way. So I like Button/Barrichello/Davidson/Sato. And even though I don't like the Ferrari team I'm a big Kimi fan.

You must be hating life this year. Well, with the exception of Takuma's point earlier in the season. That was a shocker! I'm not a big Honda factory team fan, but, I do like Super Aguri.

ahh good to know others enjoy F1. Its my fav sport and iv been following it since i can remember. Been on OK season so far, some great races and some really dull ones (though with currect aero rules this is a given). Nurburgring is next weekend, should be a cracker.

Been following F1 since Villeneuve moved from his Indy win to F1.

Sadly his biggest mistake was leaving Williams for $$$ at an unproven entity called BAR.

Now I am also getting quite into the MotoGP...how about others?

MotoGP is the Formula1 of Motorcycles, yes? I have a friend that's really into it. I watched a little bit of the race in Spain. Certainly exciting stuff! I guess the race at Laguna Seca is coming up, or maybe just recently passed? My friend went to check it out.

While on this subject, how do you guys like Speed TV's commentary?. I think it is very substandard. I have watched formula 1 from four different countries and I think this team is the worst knowledgeable about the subject they are dealing with. Peter Windsor is the only saving grace there.
MotoGP live in the US?. tough luck i guess.

I am a HUGE F1 fan. :)

My team is Ferrari so I have been pulling for Kimi and Massa... however I have been very impressed with Lewis Hamilton this year also. I can't stand Fernando Alonso though.

While on this subject, how do you guys like Speed TV's commentary?. I think it is very substandard. I have watched formula 1 from four different countries and I think this team is the worst knowledgeable about the subject they are dealing with. Peter Windsor is the only saving grace there.

I love F1 and have been following it since the late 1970's when I was in high school. Yeah, I'm old. I like the SpeedTV coverage OK. Bob Varsha I've learned to tolerate, he's the weakest of the team I think. Steve Matchett is good, has some good insights into the workings of the teams since he spent a good deal of time at Benneton when Michael Schumacher was there. David Hobbs gives a nice ex-driver's point of view and for some crazy reason I kind of like british humor. Peter Windsor is top-notch too I think. I'm just happy we can even see F1 on TV here in the states. Thank god for SpeedTV. I love road racing and could watch any formula car series from Europe. I also like the touring car series. I wish they still had lots of British and German touring car racing like they did a few years ago. I also kind of miss the WRC coverage. Anything besides NASCAR is hard to sell in the american market. Bahhhh.

Yeah, what the hell happened to WRC on Speed? It wasn't on last season was it?

I like the Speed F1 team though. Granted it's the only one I've known. Who's the dude that says "here", "heeea" in his funny accent? That cracks me up every time. Haven't heard it recently though.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also a huge F1 fan. I grew up as a Tyrrell fan (thought the six-wheeled P34 was the coolest car ever when I was a kid), but I'm more a fan of good racing than any specific team anymore. I'm really happy with Hamilton's performance so far this year. Man, that kid has skills and is a (seemingly) nice guy to boot. Kubica has shown great pace this year, and Vettel will hopefully get a solid chance at STR (unfortunately at Speed's expense). I guess if I had to pick one team, I like to root for BMW, as I've pulled for Sauber since they came over from sportscar racing.

I will also agree that F1 in person is awe-inspiring. Most recently, I got to see the 2004 GP of Europe at the Nurburgring and it was amazing (still V10s!).

I will also agree that F1 in person is awe-inspiring. Most recently, I got to see the 2004 GP of Europe at the Nurburgring and it was amazing (still V10s!).

Whao, you went to Nurburgring?! That's must have been something else just to be there, let alone the race. How were the crowds?

Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!