IGNORED

What was your first eagle

walrus12kp
Note: This thread is 3884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know if I even remember my first eagle. I'm guessing I was probably in high school and got it sometime during my time on the golf team. I can say that eagles have been really hard to come by this season, only have 1 so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Miken

562 Par 5. After a good drive I was 252 yards away per gps. I used my 7 wood and put the ball about 3 ft from the pin...

....251 yard 7W?

Nice to meet you, Miken. I am hooking up with GP and Nicklaus later in a "Dream Team 4-some" and I'm short a guy. Care to join us?

Tonight, probably on a par 5. Maybe on a par 4, or even a hole in one...I'll let you guys know...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on this forum for 3 years, and never got to post in this thread until now....  (suck it golf gods :)

yesterday, 16th hole, short par 5.  ~450 yards with water on the right hand side.  If you can carry the drive 250, you can hit it to the 150 mark, but come up short and you are 3 off the tee box.  The safe place is a FW or hybrid to around the 200 yard mark, and then go from there into the small and undulating green.

I hit the driver and pulled it (left handed) and it went further right, but like most pulled shots, it went a country mile.  Landed right of the 150 mark, and rolled to just inside 135 yards to the middle.  Pin was in the front.  I pulled a PW and put it on the green, leaving myself a put that had to negotiate 3 breaks and about 25~30' of green.  I figured, lag it close, leave myself below the hole for a realistic comeback birdie.

I hit the put firm, and the first break wasn't as severe as I had anticipated and it stayed above the hole, slowing down on the 2nd, falling into the cup for my first eagle.  The course I played is a short and easy municipal (5600 yard par 72) which ends 5,3,5 for the last 3 holes.  I went 3,3,4 or Eagle, Par, Birdie to finish with a 38 on a par 37 back.  I had an 8 over 43 on the front, so I shot a course best 81.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

The only eagle I've ever had is on a really short par 5. The card says it's 471 from the back tees. It's a pretty sharp dogleg to the left with a wilderness area (not red staked) on the left side of the hole. It's possible to cut the ball over that area, but I've never tried to do that. There's a little creek running right in front of the green so you can't leave your ball short of the hole here.

Anyways, I hit my drive 271, and I'm literally standing on the 200 yard marker. I decide to pull my 4 hybrid, which is a club more than I'd usually use (yay Colorado!), but I wanted to avoid the hazard in front. And it was a chilly day, so I should have been clubbing up anyway, although that didn't go through my mind at the time. I flush the hybrid and it's dead at the pin. Get to the green and I'm pin high and 3 feet or so to the left of the hole. I'm still not sure how I didn't blow that putt, ha ha. I had to wait for everybody else to putt out before I attempted it. But I confidently rattled it home for a nice 3.

And then I made 7 on the next hole. F-ing golf.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Made my second of the season. My new 3i from an elevated 212 to here, and for once I actually made a putt.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Nice.  I still don't have one this year, not even a chip in.

Did you take that pic before, or after you made the putt?   If it was before , I am ENORMOUSLY impressed by the size of your cojones!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nice.  I still don't have one this year, not even a chip in. Did you take that pic before, or after you made the putt?   If it was before , I am ENORMOUSLY impressed by the size of your cojones! a3_biggrin.gif

LOL, heck no! Mine have not dropped yet. I would not have the confidence to take it before. I took it after like a pansy.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

So close...

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

So close...

Oh man!  Very close!

Nate

Early 1970s, a little par 70 rural golf course with postage stamp size green and just a shade over 6000 yards long. My B-I-L and I were playing in a tournament there.  I made my 1st and 2nd eagle that day.  1st - Par 4 playing about 295 yards and I hit probably a career drive for me back then and still believe the ball hit something to end up just right and a little short (10 yards) of the green then chipped in with a wedge. 4 holes later, I knock it on the front collar of a 500 yard par 5 in 2 and make a putt for there for the 2nd one.  It was probably 5 years before I ever made another one.   I was something like 13, 14, or 15 handicap back then.

I edited this post because I said it was 510 yards.  It was 500.  I have the card and the 2 balls in my office.  Had to put my glasses on to read the yardage, which I did not do when I first posted.  Both balls were blue dot Maxfli.  Most here probably would not remember those.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Originally Posted by cipher

Oh man!  Very close!

Yup, that drops and I shoot my first sub-40 9 ever. Even if it lips out, I at least make birdie...but I missed the comebacker and made par. :/

I thought it was real close when I saw it from about 135-140 yards away, then when I got close I knew it was real close. Then I drew that line and got upset. lol

Ryan M

Originally Posted by RickK

Early 1970s, a little par 70 rural golf course with postage stamp size green and just a shade over 6000 yards long. My B-I-L and I were playing in a tournament there.  I made my 1st and 2nd eagle that day.  1st - Par 4 playing about 295 yards and I hit probably a career drive for me back then and still believe the ball hit something to end up just right and a little short (10 yards) of the green then chipped in with a wedge. 4 holes later, I knock it on a 510 yard par 5 in 2 and make the putt for the 2nd one.  It was probably 5 years before I ever made another one.   I was something like 13, 14, or 15 handicap back then.

Wow...nothing like -4 on two holes to give a 15 handicapper a shot a good round. lol

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Wow...nothing like -4 on two holes to give a 15 handicapper a shot a good round. lol

Well, if you are familiar with ABFU, then AEFU is worse. After the first one, next hole played right along side a county road.  I think I hit quite possibly the worst slice of the year that cleared the road, the telephone poles, and tall pine trees.  May have ended up in the next county.  I made 7 on that par 4.  Then after the par 5, I hit my tee shot in the water on a par 3 and made 5 there.  So I know how to give strokes back in a hurry.  :)   We finished 2nd in the tournament.  If I just bogey either one of those 2 holes after the eagles, we win.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Originally Posted by RickK

Well, if you are familiar with ABFU, then AEFU is worse. After the first one, next hole played right along side a county road.  I think I hit quite possibly the worst slice of the year that cleared the road, the telephone poles, and tall pine trees.  May have ended up in the next county.  I made 7 on that par 4.  Then after the par 5, I hit my tee shot in the water on a par 3 and made 5 there.  So I know how to give strokes back in a hurry.  :)   We finished 2nd in the tournament.  If I just bogey either one of those 2 holes after the eagles, we win.

lol

I've fortunately been able to avoid the ABFU...but haven't had to deal with an AEFU opportunity yet...

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!