IGNORED

What was your first eagle

walrus12kp
Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have had countless amounts of birdies but have never had an eagle. Ive only had a handful of eagle putts an missed them all and i think I've been closer on par 3s because I'm a good iron player. Give me a detailed version of what your first eagle was Your Handicap? How many Yards? Your age Age? Ect. Explain your shots in detail My best par 3 shots

I was 14 at the time I was probably 15-18 hcp Holed out from 115 with a sand wedge on a Par 4.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Late 70's. I had to be 18 or 19. Prob a 15 hcp or so. Dunked an 8 iron from 125 yds or so on a par 4 at the local muni.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only a 265 yard par 4, drove it to about 3 feet and sunk the put. When I told my instructor about it I was downplaying it because it was a short par 4, but he said "hey, and eagle is an eagle". So check off the eagle, now I'm looking for my first ace.

I've got a question for the holed out with an iron guys...do you feel robbed? That could have been an ace.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Both last year. Playing the short tees I left it in the fairway of the adjacent hole 91 yards out on an elevated green. 3/4 swing 54° shot that hit green side hump right where I wanted it and I heard a "clunk". Went up and it was in.

Second one was a shorter dog leg left par 4, I smashed my 4 wood within 30 yards. My playing partner hit first and was short of the hole but on the green. He said "do you want me to mark it"? I saw that if I hit his ball I would be way off because of the break, so I said no. I chipped it perfect and it slowly meandered up and dropped into the hole.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

7 hcp.  I've had 4 or 5 eagles of the 1 putt or chip in variety on par 5's, but my favorite was this past year.  I was 155 to the hole, which had a hill directly behind it acting as a backstop.  I landed the ball hole high about a foot right of the flag.  It took one hop past the flag and gently rolled back down and into the hole...  As for the feeling robbed - not really.  But it does get you thinking that eagling a 400 yd par 4 is more difficult than acing a par 3.

25 Handicap, Started playing last year.  Had my first on the last round of the year. Par 5 13th hole at Marty Sanchez. Great tee shot past the cart path on the left side flyer lie on the long grass.  5 iron onto the green, staring at a 20 foot putt, was able to see the line and just stroked it. One of the best feelings I've had on a golf course, was trying hard to break 90 for the first time.  Added up the card after the 18th...............Shot 90 exactly, bittersweet to say the least.  Had a great day... This is the best game ever.

I had my first two last year.

Hit a par 5 in two with the second barely clearing the water. Playing partner then holed out for eagle from a greenside bunker, making my 8 foot eagle putt look all of forty feet. I still drained it though.

Second one came weeks later. Holed out from the fairway from 172 yards into a real stiff wind. One hop and dropped it. I don't feel robbed but I have come close to acing a couple holes.

18 handicap, I've been seriously playing for about 2 years now.  Had my first eagle about a month ago.  6th hole, Rolling Hills Golf Club, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.  This is the "eagle" hole.  Short par 5, 481 yards, usually plays downwind.  After a 290 yard drive with a nice tailwind, I had 191 to the pin.  It's a narrow green.  I hit a 7 iron that never left the flag the whole way.  It hit about 6 feet in front of the pin and checked up 3 feet past.  The putt was center cut, never a doubt, but I was shaking.

Just about the happiest I've ever been on the golf course.  I've had several putts at eagle, but never one that close.

Occam's razor

I have three... first one was last year when I holed out from 117 yards on a par 4. My second came in early December... I holed out my third shot from 55 yards on a par 5. My last was the most memorable... hole in one from 161 yards.

I've had one other opportunity... I hit a short par 5 in two and left myself a 10 footer or so for the eagle but missed it. That would have been my first. However, that round was the first time I ever broke 90, so it was still a good day. I also holed out once from 150 yards on a par 4 when I was in high school, however, I had a really bad drive and my second shot left put me the 150 out, so it was only a birdie.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Quote:

Only a 265 yard par 4, drove it to about 3 feet and sunk the put. When I told my instructor about it I was downplaying it because it was a short par 4, but he said "hey, and eagle is an eagle". So check off the eagle, now I'm looking for my first ace.

Hey - just about the same story for me, but it was last Friday and it was about a 12' putt.

For the OP:

~15 handicap.

Par 4: 265 yards (tees moved up on the day).

Hit driver and watched the ball land well short of the green, but it kept rolling onto the green and a bit past the flag.

Hit a 12' putt (slightly downhill) for eagle.

I've been playing for about three years, and this was my first eagle. ...and it turned a poor round into a fun one.

I've only had one but it was awesome. 375yd par 4, #1 HC hole that bends hard left with water on the left. Crushed a drive, leaving 220 to the green. Hit the 4 iron of my life and put in the hole from 220! Have yet to get a second.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Only had one.  On a par 4 dogleg left over a gator pond in Florida..  Hit a nice shot to about 80 yards.  The local bull gator was abut 30 yards away sunning himself. Hit a high pitch shot landed about 15 ft in front and rolled right in. I still have the ball.

I've only had one but it was awesome. 375yd par 4, #1 HC hole that bends hard left with water on the left. Crushed a drive, leaving 220 to the green. Hit the 4 iron of my life and put in the hole from 220! Have yet to get a second.

"Crushed" a drive 155 yds? That's a helluva 4-iron though! :-)

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

"Crushed" a drive 155 yds?

That's a helluva 4-iron though!

LOL I guess it wasn't much of a crush huh? My game is always better in my mind than it is in reality.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I had 2 eagles last season, i was about 10.5-11 cap at the time. The first one was at a 557 yrd par 5, i hit 8 iron from 155 on my third shot and the ball landed on the green, and disappeared into the cup.

The second was on a 370 yrd par 4, killed my drive and only had a pitch shot left (75 yards) controlled my trajectory, the ball landed about 5 paces short of the flag, one hoped, kissed the pin and disappeared...both were fun. But the year before i didn't get any eagles.

My first eagle was when I was 12 on a local par 3 course that is about 5600 yards. I was playing with my mom and the hole was 165 yard par 3 and it was  right into the sun. I hit one of the purest 5 irons of my life with a little draw. I looked around the green for a good 6-7 mins but then decided to finally look in the hole and it was there. I still have the ball, Top Flite Tour Plus 90. I was probably around a 15 handicap at the time.

Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!