IGNORED

Personal launch monitor setup

Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a return net (excellent) and the large mat 5 x10 they sell with it (also excellent). Hitting too many balls into a net makes me uncomfortable. I am not good enough to really know the ball flight. I am lucky that there is a dome where I live so I can hit balls and see the first 100 yards of ball flight in the winter. But I would really like to take advantage of my net. I have a spot at work to set it up and leave it and hit balls everyday if I want. I bought a Vector Pro launch monitor used and I should have it in a few days. I have an old PC that meets their spec and. Monitor to go with it. I am pretty excited that I should be able to make some progress this winter. I will take a lesson once a week or whatever makes sense as I go to make sure I don't "fix" my swing too much but I think it could be good. for those of you with some scratch this I not really that far out there. Accusport sells refurb vector pro for less than 2k. I am going to post some photos and video as I go. I am sure I will also have some spin and launch angle questions and things like that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got the monitor in used from Ebay, perfect condition.  Because I had a net and mat and old computer and monitor I as all in for $900.

It works as advertised, seems accurate enough for my needs.  I was already able to do some interesting things with the Driver.  Playing with launch angle and reducing spin through swing changes.  I think along with lessons it is really going to help.

Horrible photo but you get the idea

• Upvote 1

I have been hitting balls for a week now and I hav to say this is an awesome tool. It gives you the information to make informed decisions. Club path, club face angle, side spin. If you flush one and it does not do far you can see why. Awesome tool I have found 10 yards on irons easily I think it will be more given some time and more on driver. I have been collecting balls for a ball fitting also. I think after I get my swing a little,more consistent I will find a ball that give me what I am looking for.

Very nice setup!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Where do you live?  I want to be your best friend... And hit balls at your place!

Originally Posted by inthecup

I got the monitor in used from Ebay, perfect condition.  Because I had a net and mat and old computer and monitor I as all in for $900.

It works as advertised, seems accurate enough for my needs.  I was already able to do some interesting things with the Driver.  Playing with launch angle and reducing spin through swing changes.  I think along with lessons it is really going to help.

Horrible photo but you get the idea

• 7 months later...

Followup!  Changed my swing over the winter using the monitor and lessons now and then.  Index dropped 2-1/2 points.  Best improvement I have seen in years.

I am going to do the same this winter, I want to improve my lag.  During the season I went with what I had.  I figure winter is best for swing changes.

Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!