IGNORED

Wedge recommendations please

Note: This thread is 4092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone a few months ago I gave my old 56 and 60 wedge to a buddy they were nike sv tours and I switched to the cleveland 588 forged 54 and 58 the lofts are fine with me but I found I like the weight of the nikes better, especially around the greens. I'm thinking of replacing them for some mizuno or vokeys. Any recommendations looking for somthing slimmer and lighter than the 588 precision forged by cleveland . Don't wanna go with nikes want just a little more feel but that's subjective. Please help Pblock

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 46*, 50*, and 56* SM4 Vokeys and absolutely love them.  I have never played the other wedges you are referring to so I can't compare.  Obviously golf is a game of feel and everyone is different but for me I can't imagine anything better than my Vokeys. Good Luck

Yea your right your cant explain feel through a post. Living in South Dakota makes it hard to go try clubs so it's usually buy and try. Does anyone else have some insight ?

Originally Posted by Pblock45

Yea your right your cant explain feel through a post. Living in South Dakota makes it hard to go try clubs so it's usually buy and try. Does anyone else have some insight ?

Do not buy Vokeys if you are looking for something lighter than a 588. Vokeys are the heaviest wedge I have ever used (which I like about it) and my sm4 feels much heavier than my 588.

Originally Posted by Pblock45

Thanks for the post great heads up. Have you hit anything else

I had a Nike wedge for about a month and years ago I had a Mizuno gap wedge but for my money nothing comes close to the feel of a vokey or the 588. My vokey is relatively new and is a trial run because for the most part I have always had cleveland wedges. I bought the vokey sand wedge because the weight helps me control different length shots better, especially from 80-110 yards  because you can feel where the clubhead is in the swing but I still prefer the 588 around the green.  I did really like the Mizuno gap wedge I owned but it was used for full shots from 100-110 yards almost exclusively with only the odd time for chipping so I can not comment on how it was around the green.

They are amazing on approach shots I actually replaced my pitching wedge with a 588 and I have a 50 588 there great but yea I personally think they are just a little heavy and chunky for me around greens. Thanks got the post. Any perspective helps

I have some j40 54/58 wedges and they are great, unfortunately I bought some new 588 RTX CBs and I think those are going to be in the bag this year. The j40s are lighter than the Cleveland's I just got.

I[quote name="Pblock45" url="/t/64558/wedge-recommendations-please#post_804602"]Wow I really like the look of the j40 can anyone compare these to the sv tour or the 588 precision forged. Are the j40 wedges forged or cast ?[/quote] They are forged and are you are talking abou the SV tours that like 4 years old? I gamed those for a 2 seasons and I liked those and had it not been for a falling out with Nike I'd might still play them. But if I remember correctly the Nike is a slightly bigger head and it's not forged

Yes they are from like 4 years ago. I gamed them for about 3 years and started getting better and though i would go with some 588 and my chipping just feels off like i have to take alot off because they are so chunky and heavy for me. Again i love cleveland so this isnt bashing them. Could you compare those nike and the j40s weight size etc i know you did a little i really apprciate that.

Aside from my Rant there does anyone else have experiance with what im talking about. I am a fairly good Chipper so this really suprised me on how Drastic  switching to the 588 made my chipping.

My wedges are cleveland. Gap Wedge 52* Tour Action 900 in Gun Metal. Absolutely LOVE it. I hit it from almost everywhere inside 110 yards. Sand Wedge 56* CG14 Black Pearl wedge. I don't love it as much as the Tour Action 900

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cleveland makes some great wedges i love them when hitting approach shots its weird but i think i might like cast better when working around greens. I really like usuing a 56 or 54 and just hitting different chips. Tour acting 900 forged or cast? IM going to look it up. Ebay research. Keep the comments coming the seach is on especially when in its 0 degress here in south dakota and we have 6 inches of snow. Oh how i miss orlando. Anyways keep them comeing

Note: This thread is 4092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!