IGNORED

2013 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just did something that I rarely ever do: turn off golf on the HDTV.

Matt Google's awkward interviews. The constant stream of CEOs boasting about their companies. The gawdawful Chris Berman swings. Even with the beautiful views of Pebble, it got too much. I may not watch Saturday because of the constant celelb crap. Rather just see good golf on the world's best courses with good commentary, thank you.

celebs,bunch of ceo's e.t.c.Advertise this like its hollywood stars, hhhmmmm i think i might know him,who is he? :-)

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Originally Posted by alexbaha

Bill Murray's facial hair is the highlight of the ams

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Matt Google's awkward interviews. The constant stream of CEOs boasting about their companies. The gawdawful Chris Berman swings. Even with the beautiful views of Pebble, it got too much. I may not watch Saturday because of the constant celelb crap. Rather just see good golf on the world's best courses with good commentary, thank you.

Rick, we just got two feet of snow here in Massachusetts.  I am going to watch just to see something green!  I also use the "mute" button on my remote judiciously.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by mvmac

Some notable pairings, yep Dustin Johnson is playing with Wayne Gretzky

Well, I guess they won't be sharing any stories about hooking up with girls on the road.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Nice video of some holes you won't see on TV.  First seven holes at Spyglass

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by MacDutch

Huh see third shot (chip). Someone picks up his ball, and there is a tee stuck in the ground???

One of the ams picking up his own ball ... tee is a marker.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Geez I am not looking forward to the day I start running like Andy Garcia....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I saw a couple people say they won't watch this event until Sunday, and I'm in that group as well.  I have followed the leaderboard the first three days, and I'll be watching closely tomorrow.  Sneds is on a major roll right now, and it will be interesting to see if he can pull out a win at Pebble.  I'm ready for the WGC-Match Play in a couple weeks, and I'm ready for the Florida Swing!

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Don't forget Clint Eastwood's incoherent mumbling...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Don't forget Clint Eastwood's incoherent mumbling...

Was he talking to an empty golf bag?

:-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by MacDutch

Huh see third shot (chip). Someone picks up his ball, and there is a tee stuck in the ground???

That's a practice round.  It's his caddy - and they are using the tee's to mark the potential pin locations.  So when the professional (this case DJ) gets up to the green.... The caddy will put down tee's or markers to show the player where the pins are typically placed during the tournament.  Each green typically has 4 places where they like to place the pin.  So in the video - DJ is just chipping some balls to that particular pin location highlighted by his caddy.

Note: This thread is 4085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!