IGNORED

Is Anyone Else Fed Up With "Sir Nick Faldo's" Self Serving English Babbling?

club ho

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Faldo's watchable much of the time but insufferable some of the time. Miller is moderately insufferable all the time, Chamblee is insufferable and has no majors. Mccord is weird for the sake of being weird, and Feherty is best when he isn't trying too hard.

Well put.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by Dave2512

If you're old enough to remember when all they did was whisper and give generic comments you should be grateful.

That's perfect ... that's why I like the Sky Sports guys.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I like Faldo, Chamblee, Miller, McCord and Feherty. They say things that need to be said and aren't afraid of hurting anybody's feelings plus they make the analysis a lot more entertaining than it otherwise would be. While I am not sure that your playing record necessarily dictates what you can say if it does, Faldo can say whatever he wants about Vijay. Gary McCord on Feherty (Talk Show/Interview Special) is worth watching if you have not seen it, it may change your opinion about both of them. I do Miss Ken Venturi.

i hate Chamblee - he is close to an automatic channel switch

Faldo - depends on day, if he isn't talking about himself i kind of like him

Miller - i like him, i think he believes what he says which is more then i think about some others.

Feherty is awesome.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by ScouseJohnny

Greatest golfer of his generation, without peer...

Bit idiosyncratic perhaps - especially as a commentator - but then I rather like his dry, slightly self-deprecating style.

Just no.

Seve was born 2 months before Faldo has, admittedly 1 less major, but has just the 51 more total wins than Faldo.

If Seve's back hadn't collapsed on him then it wouldn't even be in question.

Mind if Norman had been able to play golf on the Sunday back 9 of Majors it wouldn't have been in question and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle etc.

Faldo isn't as good as I felt that Ken Venturi was, but he's way better than the guy he replaced, Lanny Wadkins.

Now if they could just get rid of Jim Nantz. He's becoming more and more annoying, it seems like.

I don't mind Faldo. I used to like Feherty, but it seems now he tries so hard its embarrassing.

The most tolerable is Frank Nobilo.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I dont mind Faldol.  Its Miller and his sarcasm that I cant stand.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by ScT1

Faldo isn't as good as I felt that Ken Venturi was, but he's way better than the guy he replaced, Lanny Wadkins.

Now if they could just get rid of Jim Nantz. He's becoming more and more annoying, it seems like.

I second that one.

That's perfect ... that's why I like the Sky Sports guys.

I don't mind Faldo, but being in the UK we only get glimpses of him inbetween the Sky Sports presenters, who are all tolerable so it makes good viewing. Although I can't help but notice the epic amount of hair spray that chick presenter wears. It's a fire hazard!

Whoa whoa WHOAAAAAAA.... Jim Nantz?? Come on guys... he is the best announcer for any and all sports.

If anyone should have the mic forcefully removed from their grip its none other than Gary McCord. Good lord that man needs to stop taking adderal before broadcasts and let other people speak. Sometimes silence is golden and with him on the mic its impossible to enjoy the moment with his constant blabbing.

I think Faldo has a decent voice and accent.  I like the English terminology too.  But I do a lot of work with folks from the UK, so I am used to it.  The School of Golf host, Martin Hall, has a real grating voice that is like nails on a chalk board for me.  McCord doesn't bother me, neither does Nance.  Feherty is my favorite at the moment.  Johnny Miller also has a decent voice and I wait for him to jump on somebody.

The Euro Tour announces are like Ambien to me, zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by alexbaha

Whoa whoa WHOAAAAAAA.... Jim Nantz?? Come on guys... he is the best announcer for any and all sports.

If anyone should have the mic forcefully removed from their grip its none other than Gary McCord. Good lord that man needs to stop taking adderal before broadcasts and let other people speak. Sometimes silence is golden and with him on the mic its impossible to enjoy the moment with his constant blabbing.

Jim Nantz is a robot IMO, so boring. I love McCord, he says some odd things at times but he is hilarious. Him and Feherty years ago on Tiger Woods PGA Tour video game (not sure what year) were great.

Most of them sound like characters you could find in The Simpsons or Family Guy. Often being either too "on TV", or trying too hard to be funny (I'm looking at you McCord and you Feherty). Feherty got some good ones, but McCord would fit better at a childrens party with a red nose on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Most of them sound like characters you could find in The Simpsons or Family Guy. Often being either too "on TV", or trying too hard to be funny (I'm looking at you McCord and you Feherty). Feherty got some good ones, but McCord would fit better at a childrens party with a red nose on.

As others have pointed out, Feherty is only funny when he isn't trying so hard. More often than not it comes of as being very contrived. He is definitely the funniest guy on the Golf Channel but that's kinda like saying Smurfette was the prettiest girl in the smurf village.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint: