IGNORED

Finding the right set of irons

Note: This thread is 4067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

60 years old and a USGA 7.6. Carrying the clubs is creating some back issues....but I always walk and hate carts. Solution: lighten the bag with graphite shafts in the irons. No success re-shafting, so narrowed down to two options: Callaway Hot X Pro with Graphite, or Bridgestone J40 dual pockets with Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts. What complicates this is the interest in the Bridgestones is based on research only....I can't find any place where I can hit them!! Thoughts?

Well, there is always the pull or push cart. That way you can still walk.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Originally Posted by Derrick Parker

Well, there is always the pull or push cart. That way you can still walk.

This.  Or learn to not hate carts.  Maybe just walk half the time and when you do, only bring half your clubs, and the rest of the time take a cart.

The last thing I would do is alter my clubs just for their carrying weight.

EDIT:  Also, you can get rid of whatever unnecessary junk is in your bag, and get a super lightweight carry bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A push cart is probally your most cost effective option, but steelfibers are great but with greatness comes a great price, probally somewhere along the lines of $30/club. Also the lighter shafts will take some getting used to I went from kbs tour 115g to Nippon 950gh 98g and it threw my timing/ tempo way off

Note: This thread is 4067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!