IGNORED

President Obama's golf weekend: Lesson with the Harmons and plays golf with Tiger

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't have a second source to verify, but if it's true, how does it work - renumeration for services that is? If I were Harmon, I wouldn't charge but I'm being a bit generous I would think.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/2/14/harmons-get-the-call-flying-in-to-work-with-obama.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sure it's gratis. A chance to work with the leader of the free world is a huge deal.

I will try to get some details about this but it will be after the fact. The folks at The Floridian have been told not speak about the President's visit. I was informed that Secret Service has the place buttoned up tight with strict directions given to staff.  A few weeks ago they had quite a few PGA mega stars playing there so I wonder who may show up to play with Obama.  Hmmmm.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

A few weeks ago they had quite a few PGA mega stars playing there so I wonder who may show up to play with Obama.  Hmmmm.

Probably NOT Phil Mickelson! ;-)

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Probably NOT Phil Mickelson!

+ 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Man I would charge him for all my back taxes

And I would get an exemption for any future taxes that need to be paid!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

So, do you think Harmon would leap at the chance to coach the leader of the 'unfree world'?  I have in mind that young chap in North Korea whose father recorded 3 or 5 holes in one on his first visit to his country's sole golf course. What a guy!

i would tell him i am busy and see one of my guys on staff...plus get your money upfront.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

i would tell him i am busy and see one of my guys on staff...plus get your money upfront.

Cash.  No credit!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by nevets88

Don't have a second source to verify, but if it's true, how does it work - renumeration for services that is? If I were Harmon, I wouldn't charge but I'm being a bit generous I would think.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/2/14/harmons-get-the-call-flying-in-to-work-with-obama.html

If I was Butch and Claude, I'd ask for my expenses...

But the publicity is their fee. They will pick up more whales.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'll avoid the obvious political cheap shots and comment on the golf aspect of the story only.

Harmon doesn't really need the any more big names to add to his client list or press coverage but he can't pass up an opportunity to work with the POTUS.  Not only is it an honor to be asked by the POTUS, the media backlash from refusing would be too damaging, just look at the heat Phil took for complaining about his taxes.  Butch can write off the expenses, I'm sure this will provide him some extra deductions and good will from the IRS.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

If I was Butch and Claude, I'd ask for my expenses...

But the publicity is their fee. They will pick up more whales.

I'm actually not sure about this one.

There's no doubt that Obama is extremely polarizing.  I'd expect that most wealthier golfers, the type that could afford the Harmons in the first place, will tend to lean more towards the conservative side.  Is it possible that this could drive more clients away than it attracts?  Not that the Harmons are concerned one way or another.....I think they do ok for themselves!

In David's bag....

So my question is, is the tax payers flipping the bill for these lessons?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

So my question is, is the tax payers flipping the bill for these lessons?

No way

In David's bag....

Claude Harmon III is working with Immelman. I watched him watch Trevor at the Disney last season while Trevor snapped hooked a ball off the tee into a hazard. I whispered to Harmon III "is that your guy?"......he gave me a blank stare.  I wasn't trying to be funny (more dumb/ignorant - foot in mouth). Trevor went on to double bogey the hole and shoot 80+.  http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/players/Trevor+Immelman/1760/scorecard/2012/45

I think it would be better for Claude III to stick w/ the pros and leave the leader of the free world alone.

Meh, Id do it just for the buzz of having worked with the President...and I say that even though I think Barry is taking the p1ss by playing so much golf when so many Americans are suffering from his inability to be anything other than a serial campaigner in chief.

Mailman

Mailman

Interesting article on Obama and Bush and their golfing habits. 100 rounds for Obama in 4 yrs of his presidency (as of last June 2012). And Bush said he regrets golfing during the wars -

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/06/17/obama-plays-golf-100th-time-presidency/

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

A few weeks ago they had quite a few PGA mega stars playing there so I wonder who may show up to play with Obama.  Hmmmm.

As suspected, Tiger rounded out the foursome. A guy in a Cessna accidentally flew too close to the restricted airspace, but that was nothing a couple of F-16s and a Coast Guard Gunship Helicopter couldn't handle.

Anybody who thinks Harmon should miss a chance to teach and play with the POTUS are being ridiculous. Politics have nothing to do with it. He's the POTUS, for Christ's sake. Tim Rosaforte just said that Tiger aced a 378 yard par 4 while playing with the Prez today.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!