IGNORED

President Obama's golf weekend: Lesson with the Harmons and plays golf with Tiger

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Some comments are so ridiculous, that they deserve to be mocked.

Sorry all. Back on topic.....

Since taking office President Obama has racked up 2Billion in vacation expenses for he and his family - he's golfing in FL - wife and kids are out west skiing - two entourages travelling to two places - double security.  So, the good news to taxpayers everywhere is that they are not paying for the lessons. Just, the hundreds of thousands of dollars for this vacation. All is well in the U.S.A.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

After an eight-hour session with Butch Harmon on Saturday in which he played 27 holes and hit balls in the instructor's golf studio, Obama was able to coordinate a round with Woods. The two were originally supposed to play at Woods' home club, The Medalist GC some 30 minutes away in Hobe Sound, but eventually opted for The Floridian, where the President has been based all weekend.

"Just to see the interaction between the two on the range was pretty neat," said Harmon, who was on the tee. "The President said to Tiger, 'The last tournament you played was fun to watch. It's good to see you play well again.' You could tell he meant it. It just wasn't a throw it out compliment."

The round, which also included U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Floridian owner Jim Crane, began with Woods holing out for birdie on the first hole, and continued at a rapid clip. With all four players playing from the third tees at 6,203 yards, they made the turn in a little more than two hours. After the first 18 holes, in which the team of Obama and Woods collected $15 for their three-way Nassau bet, Woods left the golf course, but Obama stayed on to play another nine. Neither Woods nor the President commented after the round, but Crane said the pair enjoyed each other's company.

"They had a nice camaraderie. There was a little ribbing going on, and we had a lot of fun," he said.

Said Harmon of Obama: " I like the fact he loves golf. Obviously he doesn't get to play very much. He said it was a real treat for him to come here with his best friends and have a chance to play. But he counts every shot. He doesn't like gimmes. He putts everything out. He counts all his penalty shots. He thinks about all his shots before he hits them. Some people might say to the President of the United States, 'Oh, just move it.' But that's not him. He loves the game and loves the game the way it's supposed to be played." The round with Woods is one of several high-profile rounds Obama has played since taking office. Among the 113 rounds Obama played in his first term was his well-publicized "Golf Summit" with House Speaker John Boehner in 2011; and a round with former President Bill Clinton later that summer that was said to have a role in Clinton playing a more pivotal role in the 2012 election .

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2013/02/barack-obama-and-tiger-woods-play-first-round-of-golf-togeth.html#ixzz2LMKBZ84d

____

P laying more would help the quality of decision making. A president in particular needs a peaceful place to let the mind work in that subconscious state we are learning is often the seat of problem-solving and creativity. "The presidency is a prison," John Dickerson, political director for CBS News and a former White House correspondent, recently wrote in Slate. "Even when you are 'having fun,' you do so in quotation marks. The golf course is one of the few places a president can escape the pressures and physical limitations of the office."

As Clinton told Don Van Natta Jr. in his book First Off the Tee, " One of the reasons I always liked golf is because the rest of my life is going at breakneck speed and everything had to be done fast and this is the place where I had to slow down. And I think the final reason is -- you literally can't think about anything else. If you do, you can't hit a shot ."

The humbling game provides perspective, which might be the most profound pull on presidents and why, despite the political liability, 14 of the last 18 have been golfers. A s Van Natta wrote, instead of hearing "Yes, Mr. President" yet again, "the game says no.

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2013-01/gwar-jaime-diaz-final-say-0122#ixzz2LMKqMsqb

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The fact that this story has brought so much attention to the "Golf" is really all that matters to me...

• Upvote 1

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I have never seen the pres hit a ball but I would imagine it be mixture of Erkle and Carlton Banks....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I have never seen the pres hit a ball but I would imagine it be mixture of Erkle and Carlton Banks....

LOL.  I saw some videos of him yesterday ... it's not pretty.  With the swings I saw, he would have no reason to be doing Carltons victory dance ;)

Originally Posted by saevel25

So my question is, is the tax payers flipping the bill for these lessons?

The lessons are a drop in the bucket.  The weekend golf trip cost tax payers nearly $1,000,000.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/spring-break-cost-of-air-force-one-trips-to-and-from-florida-along-with-hotel-rooms-greens-fees-and-exclusive-golf-lessons-comes-to-989207-michelles-ski-trip-shuts-down-aspen-air-space/

....most of the cost is the use of Air Force1.   Very pricey.......for a weekend buddy trip with the guys.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

The lessons are a drop in the bucket.  The weekend golf trip cost tax payers nearly $1,000,000.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/spring-break-cost-of-air-force-one-trips-to-and-from-florida-along-with-hotel-rooms-greens-fees-and-exclusive-golf-lessons-comes-to-989207-michelles-ski-trip-shuts-down-aspen-air-space/

....most of the cost is the use of Air Force1.   Very pricey.......for a weekend buddy trip with the guys.

Take a look ---

http://www.politicolnews.com/all-the-presidents-vacations/

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It is amazing how far Tiger will go to impress people.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

The many Obama  vacations now total 1.1billion.........so his little golf weekend with Tiger is a drop in the bucket.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

The many Obama  vacations now total 1.1billion.........so his little golf weekend with Tiger is a drop in the bucket.

You know what they say.......a billion here, a billion there, and before too long you're talking real money!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

From geoffshackelford - link below

O'Reilly & Krauthammer Bicker Over Obama Golfing With Tiger

Bill O'Reilly asked pundit Charles Krauthammer to talk about the sheer horror of the President taking a golf weekend and teeing it up with Tiger Woods without cameras around . And Krauthammer, to his credit, didn't take the bait despite repeated attempts.

“If the guy wants to play golf, the guy deserves a couple of days off. He wants privacy? Big deal,” he asserted, adding that it’s the “biggest non-story the media have created since the Kardashian weddings.”

He simply doesn’t understand the outrage, he said.

“The press being banned from covering his leisure activities — you don’t care?” O’Reilly followed up.

“Absolutely not,” Krauthammer replied. O’Reilly pointed to Woods’ “dubious” resume and the president lending his “prestige” to the scandalized athlete. Obama isn’t likely out there getting marital advice, Krauthammer countered.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/2/19/oreilly-krauthammer-bicker-over-obama-golfing-with-tiger.html

You know what they say.......a billion here, a billion there, and before too long you're talking real money!

Yeah, it's too bad we have human beings serve as our representatives and executives.

Where are droids when you need them?

They don't need no freakin' vacations...

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Yeah, it's too bad we have human beings serve as our representatives and executives.

True dat!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Well, when none of them (representatives and executives alike, regardless of party) have been able to perform a mandated function (a budget) in years, I would agree that they don't "need no freakin' vacations".  In fact, they "don't need no freakin' paycheck" until they at least do the minimum required of them.

Quote:

I haven't had a vacation in 2 years... Our country's economy is in the shitter and they want my taxes paid promptly... Politicians are nothing but lawyers. They work slow, and make more work for themselves and make it impossible for any one to take it over because they have made it into a language they only understand...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Two different names, same goal to perpetuate dependence on government and self preservation of  their egos. I am sorry but our country needs to overthrow the current government. It is only a matter of time before we hit rock bottom.Self importance by having differing opinions causing a false sense of "fighting" for a their important cause sapping the country of resources...

Agreed.......

Both sides are fear mongers who prey on the emotions of different groups of people to promote their personal agenda.

Democrats:  Republicans hate women, anyone who's not rich and white and they want to kill grandma, welfare recipients and everyone without a job.  They want to take all your money and put it into a military contractor's pocket.  If we don't spend more on (insert social program here), it will kill jobs and the economy and all the poor children will die.

Republicans:  Democrats hate rich people, but only if you're white and not in Hollywood, they want to take your guns and religion away and take all your money in taxes.  If we don't spend more on (insert military program here), our National Security is at risk and we will instantly be attacked by everyone else in the world and all the children will die.

• 2 weeks later...

Bush League deleting posts you don't agree with.

Driver: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 1 Wood Fairway Wood: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 4 Wood Irons: Ben Hogan 1961 Power Thrust Wedges: Wilson JP II SW Putter: Spalding T.P. Mills #6

Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!