IGNORED

E5 /e6 vs dt solo

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing the dt solo exclusively for the last 4-6 rounds, the ball just gives me confidence and great feedback when putting, but have been wondering what are the differences between the e5/e6 and the DT solo

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Bridgestone is not a good ball, but for some strange reason - they have become the ball of the anti-Titleist crowd.

Bridgestones are water magnets, feel like rocks and generally just piss me off.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

Bridgestone is not a good ball, but for some strange reason - they have become the ball of the anti-Titleist crowd.

Get out of the "e" class and jump into the "330" series. Much better ball. IMHO the Solo is like hitting a plastic covered marshmallow. But I guess thats why there are different balls. Different "strokes" for different folks.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

I like the soft feel and feedback What other ball is like the dt solo ?

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Here's what the manufacturers claim each ball will do:

• The Softest DT Yet. Titleist developed the DT SoLo with one objective in mind: design the softest compression feel possible and deliver the long distance and control that are the DT standard.
  • e5 Distance & Control (Br)

Distance golf balls don't have to let you down on the green. The all new e5 delivers with a Urethane cover for great stopping power and an advanced 2-piece construction for higher ball flight and longer carry distance.

• e6 Straight Distance (Br)

Hooks and slices adding strokes to your card? Take advantage of the all new e6, the softest multilayer golf ball on the market, designed to reduce your spin for straighter distance.

The new larger Dual Dimple provides reduced drag for higher speeds and increased lift, while the softer Surlyn cover and low compression core make for the softest e6 yet!

I play TopFlite Gamer.v2. At a summer ball-fitting, the Bridgestone guys suggested I switch to e6 with a promise of +12 yards distance on drives. I need to do a side-by-side test... I wonder if the e6 will spin any on partial wedge shots.

meenman , possibly you have trouble with Bridgestones because you don't hit them properly. Since it appears you rarely break 90, I guess you seek your golf pleasure by make snide remarks about non-Titleist users.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by WUTiger

meenman, possibly you have trouble with Bridgestones because you don't hit them properly. Since it appears you rarely break 90, I guess you seek your golf pleasure by make snide remarks about non-Titleist users.

Not sure what you took as a *snide remark*, but I am guessing that you are a bit sensitive when someone doesnt think that bridgestones are the best thing since sliced bread.

Maybe I dont hit a bridgestone right, but I find it kind of funny that I have no problem hitting a Srixon the right way.

Follow me on twitter

Not really. I don't buy the idea that Titleist is the only golf ball in the world. The past few years, I have played TopFlite D2 Feel and more recently the Gamer.v2.

Bridgestone is an option which I will try this spring, but I'm by no means sold on the brand.

And, I'm a bit confused. If you play Srixon, does that put you in the anti-Titleist crowd?

BTW, the Srixon site has an excellent presentation on golf ball design, and what the different materials and layering do to ball flight. It takes about 15 minutes to go through, but it's really interesting.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Not really. I don't buy the idea that Titleist is the only golf ball in the world. The past few years, I have played TopFlite D2 Feel and more recently the Gamer.v2.

Bridgestone is an option which I will try this spring, but I'm by no means sold on the brand.

And, I'm a bit confused. If you play Srixon, does that put you in the anti-Titleist crowd?

BTW, the Srixon site has an excellent presentation on golf ball design, and what the different materials and layering do to ball flight. It takes about 15 minutes to go through, but it's really interesting

Personally, I am not anti-anything - there is a good mix of clubs in my bag - currently it's Titleist, Nike, Callaway, Cleveland with Nickent and Adams making their appearances. The balls are all Srixon.

Just reading a lot of posts on this board, people who seem to despise Titleist balls always seem to be the biggest Bridgestone supporters. I have tried Bridgestone on several occasions. Even this xmas, someone got me a couple dozen that say *Lost again, Please return to (me)*, luckily no one has returned any yet - the ball hawks at my course sell everything on ebay. So if any of you used ball guys get yellow e6's on ebay with that on them, it is safe to say they have only been hit once or twice.

Bottom line is, I do not like the feel of them at all. Thankfully for me, anytime I hit one they go swimming.

I believe, around the green, that there is nothing better than a Pro V1, unfortunately, for guys like me, i need to get to the green first.

But, if we all liked the same thing, what would we debate?

Srixon had sent out an email a couple of weeks ago saying something big was happening on 2/15, but I never got a follow up on it, it must all be on the website.

Follow me on twitter

Thanks [quote name="WUTiger" url="/t/64866/e5-e6-vs-dt-solo/0_100#post_810303"]Here's what the manufacturers claim each ball will do: [LIST] [*] The Softest DT Yet. Titleist developed the DT SoLo with one objective in mind: design the softest compression feel possible and deliver the long distance and control that are the DT standard. [*]

[SIZE=14px] e5 Distance & Control (Br)[/SIZE]

Distance golf balls don't have to let you down on the green. The all new e5 delivers with a Urethane cover for great stopping power and an advanced 2-piece construction for higher ball flight and longer carry distance. [*]

[SIZE=14px] e6 Straight Distance (Br)[/SIZE]

Hooks and slices adding strokes to your card? Take advantage of the all new e6, the softest multilayer golf ball on the market, designed to reduce your spin for straighter distance. The new larger Dual Dimple provides reduced drag for higher speeds and increased lift, while the softer Surlyn cover and low compression core make for the softest e6 yet! [/LIST] I play TopFlite Gamer.v2. At a summer ball-fitting, the Bridgestone guys suggested I switch to e6 with a promise of +12 yards distance on drives. I need to do a side-by-side test... I wonder if the e6 will spin any on partial wedge shots. meenman , possibly you have trouble with Bridgestones because you don't hit them properly. Since it appears you rarely break 90, I guess you seek your golf pleasure by make snide remarks about non-Titleist users. [/quote] Thanks i saw this info aswell any ball recommendation on a ball like the dt solo

I work at a golf store and the easiest way for me to explain to customers the difference between the three balls is I start by comparing the E5 and E6. The E5 is the softest of the E series meaning it will go the shortest but have the most playability around the green. The E6 has a little feel but is more of a distance ball. The Titleist will play somewhere in between the E5 and E6 but closer to the E6. For the mainly US releases by Titleist, I believe that the DT solo is Titleist's second hardest ball, behind the velocity (Titleist's pure distance ball.) There are Japanese released balls that you can buy here that are going to be really hard golf balls. My main point is that the order from softest to hardest will go E5, DT solo, E6. (all of this is relative to how it feels to you) I reccomend trying them out for yourself to see what you like. I don't know what ball i want to play yet so i currently have 5 different types in my golf bag to see what i like.

In my bag

R9 TP 8.5* Voodoo XStiff shaft

RBZ Stage 2 3wd 14.5* diamana kaili XStiff

Adams Idea black hybrid 18* Project X 6.5

Ping I20's 4-P KBS Tour XStiff

Vokey SM4 49*, 59*

Older Vokey 54*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball Pro V1x and Nike 20XI X

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a high handicapper and been golfing less than a year. I really like the e6. It's long and feels like butter off the driver. I can't cont role the ball much around the greens yet anyway so I tend to use the distance balls. I tried the e7, didn't like it as much. I am currently using the rocketballz, they feel ok off the driver and fly for miles.  Some of my longest drives have been with ProV1s though.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

Originally Posted by meenman

Bridgestone is not a good ball? feel like rocks? Water magnets. Brilliant. The E6 is not a rock, it's sugar off the driver and travels a long way. for a mid priced ball the E6 is a pretty good option.

I'm sure all those wet Bridgestones have nothing to do with your skill level.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

For the price the E series is a good ball and so is the SoLo. I use both the E6 and SoLo here and there. Specifically when money is tight and I can't justify paying for the ProV1.

Dave :-)

• 1 month later...

I have played the DT SOLO and E6 in the past and leaned more towards the DT SOLO. My father was a Titleist nut too, and still is, but I bought him a few dozen Srixon AD333 (when they were being discontinued and 2 for $20.00 at Golf Galaxy) and he loved them also. I think it just comes down to what you're willing to pay. Surely, nobody that has a consistent swing is going to hit balls in hazards and blame it on the ball. The ball's results will vary in terms of height, optimization for speed/spin, etc.... but it's not going to determine whether you shank one OB... that's absurd.

The differences from the manufacturers have already been pasted here so all I can say is that I personally preferred the DT SOLO out of the bunch. Now, I play a Callaway i(Z) Tour or Titleist NXT Tour/S on a side note.

I like them all. I am partial to the DT Solo over the E5 or E6-the E 5-6 are ok but don't feel as good to me as the DT Solo. I think I get a little more distance from the DT Solo as well. On the other hand, I really like the 330 series and have used the S and RX depending on how I'm swinging. I like ProV1's too and maybe hit them a tad longer, but overall I think I like the 330's a little better. I am not really good enough to tell the difference-its just based on feel. I also like the Srixon premium balls too, but not better than 330's or ProV's.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Quote:

Personal preference.   I like the E6 and have confidence off the tee and around the green with it.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just grabbed a box of the E6's yesterday and practiced around the chipping green today. Didn't feel bad to me but what do I know, i'm pretty new to this stuff but I must say it felt a lot better than a few nike balls I tried

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!