IGNORED

Callaway X HOT new driver......Have you tried it and are you impressed...thinking about buying one

Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tested the Pro version when I was at the Callaway facility. It's a really good driver, solid feel and the ball really jumps off the face. I ended up going with the Razr Fit Xtreme, was a lower spinning club head for me.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Tried the X Hot driver at the St. Louis Golf Expo.

Head was 10.5* / shaft = new Project X PXv R-flex 57 gr., MidT and Mid-Kick.

Easy to use, figured out best set-up after just two balls. Ball felt good off clubface, didn't have to muscle it. However, I might adjust the face to "open" as it has a draw head on it. Or, I would consider the Hot X Pro head (square face) with the 57 gr. shaft.

This is from a dozen balls hit indoors; basically, X Hot made the cut for drivers I would like to hit outdoors at the May demo day. RBZ Stage 2 did not.

I liked the X Hot driver, but it would have to significantly outperform my X Fit driver to make it into my bag. (Last year was the Year of the Club, now it's the Year of the Swing.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by PGA09

I tested the Pro version when I was at the Callaway facility. It's a really good driver, solid feel and the ball really jumps off the face. I ended up going with the Razr Fit Xtreme, was a lower spinning club head for me.

Same here.  I know Golfingdad one of the users on here just received the X Hot from Callaway.  So he should be able to provide some feedback too.

The X Hot is a lighter head than the Razr Fit Xtreme - so the slower your clubhead speed - the more performance boost you may see from the X Hot.  But it really comes down to loft, shaft, etc. etc.

I'd recommend to get on a launch monitor and look at your ball speed, spin and launch angle - when comparing driver performance in 2013.  The higher the ball speed, the better.

Same here.  I know Golfingdad one of the users on here just received the X Hot from Callaway.  So he should be able to provide some feedback too.

I think the ups guy took it for a spin cuz it has not arrived yet. :(. But, yes, when it does I will definitely be posting pics and a review :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the X Hot this past week -

I can't say much about it on the course tho' as I'm waiting for mine from Cally.

LSS - I went to a Golf Digest Top 100 fitter and demo'd a # of drivers on a Trackman.

Tried the new 2013 Cobra Amp, Nike Covert and Cally Hot X.

It was initially neck and neck between the Nike and Cally #'s wise - spin, distance, flight and it looked like the Nike was going to win out.

Scott Ward, my fitter, was called away later in the session and as I said it looked like the Nike was the driver I revisited the Cally as it just felt better.

I can't really explain the "Feel Factor" but there was something about the driver that felt more comfortable while I was swinging.

While Scott was away I adjusted my swing plane, address, started swinging away and checked the #'s on the trackman - all the data told me I was hitting the Cally a better than the Nike. When Scott came back I showed him the trackman #'s and...I felt comfortable enough at that point to pull out the card and buy it.

Now while there is still some snow on the ground  here in CT I'm headed out for the first round of the season on Tues.

Picked up a box of the Wilson Duos - will let you know what the Hot X does in real world conditions.

rob

The weather here today in Connecticut was beautiful and the course we played, near Long Island Sound,afforded us a snow free, relatively well groomed course.

My X-Hot came in yesterday just in time for todays round.

Adjusted to 1 ° closed, I hit 12 / 15 fairways straight.

Distance...now here is the kicker -

I play with 3 other gentlemen who are all near my age (62 / 68) who mostly play 10.5 ° drivers w/ reg. shafts.

All are O.E.M except one who is a Matrix, high performance shaft guy.

My X-Hot...13.5 °

Results - 2 drives longest, the rest mostly neck and neck against less lofted drivers.

The moral of the story...the trackman fiiting dialed in a driver and loft for me that I can confidently take to the course.

rob

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have just purchased a x hot driver (10.5) I had taylormade R11 driver before but have found the X Hot to be longer and straighter, I would definately recommend this drive.

• 3 months later...
I can't wait for the X 2 Hot to come out. One of my friends has the X Hot 3 wood and its amazing. I hit the driver and liked it a lot but I didn't think the wife would let me get one.

I can't wait for the X 2 Hot to come out. One of my friends has the X Hot 3 wood and its amazing. I hit the driver and liked it a lot but I didn't think the wife would let me get one.

Since Callaway PreOwned has everything at 30% off this weekend, I suggest you try to get it on Santa's Early List.

I own one, it's a nice driver, but I like the deep face of the X2Hot that is coming out.

And then there is the rumored Big Bertha with the slider technology coming out, AND

a Phil Driver for low spin guys - Phil gave it a big thumbs up. (So that SLDR he used one week is out).

Hey - 3 lines of Cally Driver coming out. The X2HOT will be the bargain driver, and it looks impressive.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I wish I could get one now but I know my wife would be pissed. I haven't bought any Christmas presents yet so that's gotta be done first. I saw a video on the X2 Hot and it looks like they made some nice changes from the X Hot.

I wish I could get one now but I know my wife would be pissed. I haven't bought any Christmas presents yet so that's gotta be done first. I saw a video on the X2 Hot and it looks like they made some nice changes from the X Hot.

They did - wait until June when it starts going on sale and your season has barely begun - make that deal with the wife now - the earlier of sale prices or June 15.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Yeah I probably will wait until summer but I hope your wrong about my season starring then. I'm figuring on April at the latest.

Yeah I probably will wait until summer but I hope your wrong about my season starring then. I'm figuring on April at the latest.

Okay, April will give you time to get that swing going so you're ready for that driver....

And remember, pay close attention to how I deal with wives -- I've had three of them.

So I have that going for me... lol

Note: This thread is 3257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!