IGNORED

I have 15 clubs, I need to remove one but i cant remove my 5 wood

Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Golf clubs 9.5* Callaway Razr Fit driver 15* Talyormade RBZs2 3 wood 19* Taylormade RBZ 5 wood 19* Taylormade RBZs2 3 hybrid 23* cobra amp forged 4 iron 26* cobra amp forged 5 iron 29* cobra amp forged 6 iron 33* cobra amp forged 7 iron 37* cobra amp forged 8 iron 41* cobra amp forged 9 iron 45* cobra amp forged P wedge 50* cobra amp forged G wedge 54* Titleist Vokey S wedge 58* Titleist Vokey L wedge Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter

I would get rid of one of your 19 degree clubs. Or I would look at the course I was about to play and see what club I probably wouldn't hit.  the pro a lot of times take wedges in and out of clubs depending on what they need for specific rounds. One thing is maybe find a launch monitor and hit all yoru clubs and find a good sistance between each club and see what one you could part with.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Toss the 5 wood and 4 iron.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

If you can't get rid of your 5 wood, get rid of the 3H. I don't see a reason to keep two of the same degree clubs.  If you can't part with either of them then get rid of your putter.

• Upvote 1

Probably dump the 3 hybrid. You can choke up on the 5W a little if you need to shave some distance off.

Are there courses where you would prefer the 3H over the 5W?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How far (carry) do you hit your driver, 5-wood, hybrid, and 4-iron? Out of curiosity, why can't you dump the 5-wood?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I am assuming you are very comfortable with the 5 wood on and off the tee. If yes, you could remove the 3 wood.  You would lose a bit off the tee, but you would be hitting with a club you are very comfortable with.  Do you use the 3w for anything other than tee shots?  I wouldn't take out any scoring clubs, 8 iron through wedges.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I am assuming you are very comfortable with the 5 wood on and off the tee. If yes, you could remove the 3 wood.  You would lose a bit off the tee, but you would be hitting with a club you are very comfortable with.  Do you use the 3w for anything other than tee shots?  I wouldn't take out any scoring clubs, 8 iron through wedges.

+1

I'd say seriously reconsider dropping the 5 Wood but if you're dead against it then you should drop the 19* Hybrid and switch the 4 iron for a 22*/23* Hybrid.

The hybrid won't be as workable as an iron by it'll give you a flexible option for blasting out of the rough on wayward par 4 and 5 drives.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

If you can't get rid of your 5 wood, get rid of the 3H. I don't see a reason to keep two of the same degree clubs.  If you can't part with either of them then get rid of your putter.

+1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Toss the putter.

Putt with your 4 iron.

Or...

Toss your 4 iron. Seriously...you should be able to choke down on the 3 hybrid ... or hood your putter if you need some extra distance.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

dump the hybrid.

My RBZ 5wood clearly pounds out of nearly everything you can think of...

I have the adams hybrids ... love em... but when I put the rbz5wood in I took it out. it was superfluous.

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

If you can't take the 5 wood out of the bag, then dump the hybrid. Makes no sense to carry 2 long clubs of the same loft unless they get you very different results. If that's the case, then I agree with old1964, dump the 4 iron and just choke down on the hybrid.....
  • Upvote 1

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

You're either a FW guy or a hybrid guy, so the clear options are 3 woods and 1 hybrid, or a 2/2 split. I'd drop the 5 wood and pickup a 4h to match the 3h. Having the pair you'll use them more, and get better with them... Making the 5w obsolete. If you're like my dad... And need the 5w... You could probably drop the 3h and pick up a 4h and 5h pair! JK! I make fun of his 7w!

• 3 years later...

My current thinking is that maybe you get rid of the 4iron. I can see a need for the hybrid, even if it is a duplicate.

Maybe get rid of the 3hy and the 4iron and get a 4 hybrid. ???

I am keeping my 5 wood as well. But I need to decide between the 5 iron and the 5 hybrid.

Good luck.

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

I'd get rid of one of your wedges. With a little know how, you can do everything with 3 wedges that you can do with 4. 

I use to carry 4 wedges. Now I only carry 2, while incorporating my 9i into some of my wedge siuations. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I agree with the others that say get rid of the 5w or 3h, on the surface it doesn't seem to make sense to have two 19* clubs.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!