IGNORED

Mp-59

Shortylook
Note: This thread is 3882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A very funny thing happened yesterday. I teed off on a par 3 today with my 6i and the head flew off when I struck the ball. It almost hit one of my playing group. It really pissed me off and kinda put the shits on my game for 2 or 3 holes. I got the clubs brand new in December, I kinda thought that they would last a bit longer than that

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Did you snap the shaft.....or did the epoxy fail and the clubhead just come off?  The epoxy failing can happen for any reason and doesn't mean the clubs are bad.  In Kuwait where I reside if you leave your clubs in the trunk as hot as it gets here you are just asking to fling a couple clubs downrange !  All you have to do is go to most any golf store that has club repair and within a minute they would have the club fixed and they probably won't charge more than a couple bucks.  I don't know how long you have been playing for, but this will happen again when you least expect it!

Originally Posted by thescarecrow

This happened to a paying partner of mine.  Club head flew off like a Ninja Star Knife.

More than one his clubs ended up failing, combination of cheap glue and heat I belive.

Get them checked out

Yea I will be taking them back to where I got them from for a check up.

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by cooke119

I'm sorry, at $1000+ a set that should never happen!

That's absolutely not true....epoxy is just glue. Have you ever seen a clubhead being pulled off? They literally hold a torch to the clubhead for about 3 or 4 seconds and it comes right off.  The guy I watched do it pulled the clubhead off with his bare hand cause he said that the clubhead never really even gets hot at all but that is plenty enough time for the epoxy's bond to be broken.  There is no such thing as $1000 dollar golf club epoxy.  Shoot even Tour Van epoxy cost only a few bucks so it's not like you are gonna be able to say they used "cheap" epoxy.

It happens sometimes.  No matter how much a club costs, its still made by people who are imperfect and make mistakes sometimes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Well I rang the people I got them from and they asked me what I wanted to do about it. He said he could call mizuno if I wanted them to and see what happens from there. Then  he rattled on about having 3 clubs in the last 2 weeks fail in the same way, but mine should be fine. So I contacted mizuno myself and their getting back to me this arvo. Talk about shit customer service after the sale

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by Shortylook

Well I rang the people I got them from and they asked me what I wanted to do about it. He said he could call mizuno if I wanted them to and see what happens from there. Then  he rattled on about having 3 clubs in the last 2 weeks fail in the same way, but mine should be fine. So I contacted mizuno myself and their getting back to me this arvo. Talk about shit customer service after the sale

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty

No way you should send the clubs back to Mizuno to have a clubhead reattached.  Why would you want to be without your clubs for probably 2 weeks for such a minor problem. You should take the clubs to a golf store and have them clean off the old epoxy, rough up the shaft and inside of the hosel again, and then reapply the epoxy...It might take them 3 minutes to do it.  And you absolutely can't be scared about using the clubs because it might happen again, or you may never have this problem ever again.  Also seeing that you live in Austrailia and it is summer there, you should NEVER leave your clubs in the truck of your car because you may have weakened the epoxy yourself if you did that because of the heat inside your trunk.

R t L

i didn't want to be without my clubs for any length of time either, but mizuno were a little shocked, so they told me and want  to take them back strip and check all of them. They said it could be a case of bad resin. They are giving me a replacement set that they are couriering down for me to use, they have been quite good about it. I mentioned giving me a new set and they said they will take that into consideration when they inspect the set.

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by thescarecrow

Give them what for shorty, very ordinary.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go berko, but then I figured it could happen with anything, so I let them have their say and they were reasonable and very accommodating, with a supply set to use for the duration of the repairs even went as far to courier to me to use , I guess that's pretty good IMHO

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by Shortylook

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go berko, but then I figured it could happen with anything, so I let them have their say and they were reasonable and very accommodating, with a supply set to use for the duration of the repairs even went as far to courier to me to use , I guess that's pretty good IMHO

Pretty good?  That's freaking excellent compared to the customer service I've seen from a lot of companies especially in today's business market where there's no pride in a job well done or happy customers.

I had the head of an R9 Fairway fly off once and land 20 yards out...........  into the middle of a pond.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

Pretty good?  That's freaking excellent compared to the customer service I've seen from a lot of companies especially in today's business market where there's no pride in a job well done or happy customers.

I had the head of an R9 Fairway fly off once and land 20 yards out...........  into the middle of a pond.

+1, that's great service, and exactly what should have happened.

I'll agree with the others though......the heads are glued on and while rare, it's not unheard of for the bond to fail for any number of reasons.  You shouldn't worry at all about it happening again.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

+1, that's great service, and exactly what should have happened.

I'll agree with the others though......the heads are glued on and while rare, it's not unheard of for the bond to fail for any number of reasons.  You shouldn't worry at all about it happening again.

Other than if the clubs were assembled as a set and the epoxy was mixed incorrectly, then all of the irons in the set could face the same potential failure.  Not saying that this is actually the case, but it's possible.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My comment was based on the facts that they want the entire set back at Mizuno and are sending out what seems like a "loaner" set until they reassemble his clubs.

I've had to send a club back to another manufacturer 2 days after I bought it because of a warranty failure, and was without for 2 weeks.  They didn't care that it was only 2 days old, and it was handled like any other warranty claim.

I cracked the face of an R9 after two years of use and they couldn't replace it because they said that they no longer had all the components available. So they sent me a brand new Burner. ...meh...

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!