IGNORED

2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys - we can edit our picks or are they set in stone? Just wondering I've looked in my spam folder and can't seem to find that link to my bracket - since I lost Tiger and Rory early can I have The players that are moving on as picks or no? Excuse my confusion!

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

Hey guys - we can edit our picks or are they set in stone? Just wondering I've looked in my spam folder and can't seem to find that link to my bracket - since I lost Tiger and Rory early can I have The players that are moving on as picks or no? Excuse my confusion!

Nope, set in stone they are indeed.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope, set in stone they are indeed.

Thanks Jamo! Hope I have a better day tomorrow lol

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I don't doubt it makes it less interesting for the fringe fans or LCD but I'm more interested if anything.

Agree and same here.

I hope Lowry goes all the way now ... he makes me feel good about my physique.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I like it.......... Although I did have a conversation with a friend that said he wouldn't watch the rest because he didn't know who half the players are or anything about them.  To me, that makes it even more intriguing.

I think it shows how deep the fields are compared to just a few years ago, when you knew the winner was going to be one of a few people.  I have no clue who's going to take this one.

Originally Posted by Gaber

I bet I could do pretty well over all with a mulligan after each round!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Happy to See Henley get through, but aside from that it sucks for my brackets, McIlroy, Woods, Scott, Manassero all gone.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Woods can't play match play

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

Originally Posted by tpj070

Woods can't play match play

A record three straight US Amateur championships?  All played at match play.  He used to be one of the best at match play  The problem is that the pros lose that mano y mano edge because they don't play enough match play once they turn pro.  Match play takes a different mindset, because you have only one round to do your damage.  There is more pressure to have immediate success, and that can even have an adverse effect on Tiger Woods.  The higher the expectations, both for yourself and from the fans/media/etc., the more pressure there is.

Tiger is not the natural player that he was when he was an amateur.  He is more mechanical now, and I honestly think that match play is more of an art form than an engineering construct.  He seems to have lost touch with the art of golf.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I agree and I didn't mean that woods didn't once have the ability but he doesn't perform well in Ryder cups consistently and other match play tournaments anymore. Plus I am not really sold on the fact that he's back like everyone else has said. His win at Torrey pines which happens to be one of his favorite courses and he still didn't hit that many fairways. He scrambled and won. Not the same dominating woods we once all knew.

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

Bros you should have consulted me before you picked. My only regret was not picking Stricker. I called Henley, Howell III, and Lawry to upset all three matches. I got Poulter going all the way for the win. He'll take out Oosty to get there. Webb and Mahan will also go deep. My winnings so far are 240,000 and I think ricky will lose and Molinari will win bumping it to 270,000 through the first round. Love fantasy golf/football yall

Also I am shocked Dufner got knocked out in the first round. I didnt have him going deep but at least get through round 1.

Match play is by far , to me, the most interesting format to watch and play golf. I'd rather compete vs a person rather than par.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Yeah ... that's the general sentiment.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

A record three straight US Amateur championships?  All played at match play.  He used to be one of the best at match play

In the record books this one goes down as a first-round loss for Tiger, but it's not exactly like he played bad.  Bogey-free 70 on a tough layout, 12/14 fairways and 14/18 greens on a tough layout is pretty good overall play, but his putting was barely average.  Howell had about the same day ball-striking wise (3 fewer FWYs; 1 more GIR), but stuffed it a couple times and made a couple bombs.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18

Happy to See Henley get through, but aside from that it sucks for my brackets, McIlroy, Woods, Scott, Manassero all gone.

Pfft... amateur, I managed to pick all 8 games in the Jones bracket wrong!!

Big thanks to Hilton for being worse than me! For now at least.

Originally Posted by k-troop

In the record books this one goes down as a first-round loss for Tiger, but it's not exactly like he played bad.  Bogey-free 70 on a tough layout, 12/14 fairways and 14/18 greens on a tough layout is pretty good overall play, but his putting was barely average.  Howell had about the same day ball-striking wise (3 fewer FWYs; 1 more GIR), but stuffed it a couple times and made a couple bombs.

Excellent post.  Fun to watch.

Tiger didn't lose this one.  Howell "won" it.  Good for him.

I enjoyed the show - I don't watch much and haven't seen much match play - it was exciting, like watching playoff holes every time.  With people being more aggressive on each hole, it was nice to see top level players taking so many more chances so we could see more spectacular misses.....

Bill - 

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Pfft... amateur, I managed to pick all 8 games in the Jones bracket wrong!!

Whatever.  I would argue that picking them all wrong is equally as impressive as picking them all right!  That's tough to do ... congrats!

I think Thorbjorn Olesen will win the whole thing.  He has been the leader or near the top in the past 4-5 European Tour tournaments I've seen on the golf channel.

Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!