IGNORED

edel putters vs seemore

payne7744
Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

looking to get a new custom putter fit to me. ive narrowed it down to these. they seem to do the same thing differently (aim) can anyone explain the benifits of each and compare? tired of just buying new putters these both seem different. 32/34 putts per round 8hcp thx

Despite Edel's extensive fitting process, you arent going to sink putts if you arent aiming properly, which is what Seemore's Riflescope technology helps you do.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Despite Edel's extensive fitting process, you arent going to sink putts if you arent aiming properly, which is what Seemore's Riflescope technology helps you do.

You have that backwards in a way.

Seemore's "alignment" stuff is absolutely no different than anyone else's. I can aim a Seemore well to the left and well to the right but still satisfy the requirements of the "Riflescope" technology (two little lines and a red dot).

All Riflescope does is confirm that you've put the shaft over the red dot in line with your eyes. That's it. It's purely a "lined up to your body" type of alignment (and even at that it's not terribly sufficient - again, by changing the handle location, I can line the putter face up well left and well right).

Edel's "extensive" (on that we'll agree) fitting process gives you a putter you can aim at your intended target. And after that it gives you one that will enable you to control distance most easily with the weight fitting (counter weight, mid-shaft weight, and head weight).

I'm an Edel fitter, and though I won't get your business, I absolutely recommend you go through a fitting. You'll be sold by how well that goes. Gather as much information as you like - I'm confident that for the best putter for you, you'll wind up with an Edel. I'm a golf instructor first - I only really like things that help me make golfers better, and I don't really care about anything else. I don't sell drivers or irons or anything, but putters and wedges (with the proper bounce) make golfers better. They shoot lower scores and enjoy the game more. That's why I fit Edel putters.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You have that backwards in a way. Seemore's "alignment" stuff is absolutely no different than anyone else's. I can aim a Seemore well to the left and well to the right but still satisfy the requirements of the "Riflescope" technology (two little lines and a red dot). All Riflescope does is confirm that you've put the shaft over the red dot in line with your eyes. That's it. It's purely a "lined up to your body" type of alignment (and even at that it's not terribly sufficient - again, by changing the handle location, I can line the putter face up well left and well right). Edel's "extensive" (on that we'll agree) fitting process gives you a putter you can aim at your intended target. And after that it gives you one that will enable you to control distance most easily with the weight fitting (counter weight, mid-shaft weight, and head weight). I'm an Edel fitter, and though I won't get your business, I absolutely recommend you go through a fitting. You'll be sold by how well that goes. Gather as much information as you like - I'm confident that for the best putter for you, you'll wind up with an Edel. I'm a golf instructor first - I only really like things that help me make golfers better, and I don't really care about anything else. I don't sell drivers or irons or anything, but putters and wedges (with the proper bounce) make golfers better. They shoot lower scores and enjoy the game more. That's why I fit Edel putters.

I will start by saying you are right on a couple things. First Seemore does not line up the putts for you. RST is simply a last check that your face is square to your stance. Secondly is you're right you will not get my business. Your arrogance of Edel putters and openly bashing of Seemore is ridiculous. I can say after the many dealings with Seemore they have the best customer service of any company I've ever delt with

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Jspangler

I will start by saying you are right on a couple things. First Seemore does not line up the putts for you. RST is simply a last check that your face is square to your stance. Secondly is you're right you will not get my business. Your arrogance of Edel putters and openly bashing of Seemore is ridiculous. I can say after the many dealings with Seemore they have the best customer service of any company I've ever delt with

Not that Erik needs to be defended ... but what???  All he did was explain how the putter works.  Not one mention of their "bad" customer service or anything remotely like that.  There was no "bashing" in that post.

And, Gaijin gives you a thumbs up for that nonsense?  That's funny.

WTF? I'm not sure how any of Erik's post could be considered bashing of Seemore. He simply explained what the RST is and how it's not a perfect method for everybody. We all perceive things differently so when the dot is hidden for me the face might be square to the target but for you it might be right of it and it might be left of it for Erik. Even though all of us are hiding the dot the way we see things cause us to line it up differently. Edel makes great putters (as does Seemore) but their fitting process is very extensive and makes it so you get a putter that fits you. There really isn't anything like it...

FWIW, I use a Seemore and really like. I find it to be a wonderful putter and with a couple strips of lead tape it is the right weight for me. However, the next time I have $300-$400 burning a hole in my pocket it'll probably be going to an Edel fitter.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Look, Erik has it right.

The purpose of the Edel is to line the face up where you aim.

The purpose of the RST in a SeeMore is to help ensure you are locked on to where you aim, even though it may not be where you think you're aiming.

I've played both - like them both. I game an Edel and keep an old FGP as a training aid. I aimed my mFGP a few inches to the left of where I thought I was aiming.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Your arrogance of Edel putters and openly bashing of Seemore is ridiculous. I can say after the many dealings with Seemore they have the best customer service of any company I've ever delt with

Good for them. They make a nice putter. But I'll echo what GD said:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Not that Erik needs to be defended ... but what???  All he did was explain how the putter works.  Not one mention of their "bad" customer service or anything remotely like that.  There was no "bashing" in that post.

Yup. I responded with facts - facts with which you agree - and explained why I choose to fit Edel putters despite not really doing "merchandise" or "clubfitting" because I'm focused on instruction.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

FWIW, I use a Seemore and really like. I find it to be a wonderful putter and with a couple strips of lead tape it is the right weight for me. However, the next time I have $300-$400 burning a hole in my pocket it'll probably be going to an Edel fitter.

Tristan, to (sort of) get this back on the topic ... where do you put the tape on yours?  Top, bottom, or back?  I like my current putter just fine (although I am doing the same as you once I get that flaming 300 bucks, or somebody asks me for a $300 gift idea) however it could use a little more head weight.

Thanks.

Tristan, to (sort of) get this back on the topic ... where do you put the tape on yours?  Top, bottom, or back?  I like my current putter just fine (although I am doing the same as you once I get that flaming 300 bucks, or somebody asks me for a $300 gift idea) however it could use a little more head weight.

Thanks.

On the sole... I bought it used and it was there and I putted well with it... took it off and it all went to shit... put it back and now I'm good again...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by iacas

You have that backwards in a way.

Seemore's "alignment" stuff is absolutely no different than anyone else's. I can aim a Seemore well to the left and well to the right but still satisfy the requirements of the "Riflescope" technology (two little lines and a red dot).

All Riflescope does is confirm that you've put the shaft over the red dot in line with your eyes. That's it. It's purely a "lined up to your body" type of alignment (and even at that it's not terribly sufficient - again, by changing the handle location, I can line the putter face up well left and well right).

Edel's "extensive" (on that we'll agree) fitting process gives you a putter you can aim at your intended target. And after that it gives you one that will enable you to control distance most easily with the weight fitting (counter weight, mid-shaft weight, and head weight).

I'm an Edel fitter, and though I won't get your business, I absolutely recommend you go through a fitting. You'll be sold by how well that goes. Gather as much information as you like - I'm confident that for the best putter for you, you'll wind up with an Edel. I'm a golf instructor first - I only really like things that help me make golfers better, and I don't really care about anything else. I don't sell drivers or irons or anything, but putters and wedges (with the proper bounce) make golfers better. They shoot lower scores and enjoy the game more. That's why I fit Edel putters.

I read those comments as bashing Seemore. I am not saying Edel makes crappy putters, but in the niche' market of Boutique Putters where so many companies such as Byron Morgan, TP Mills, Bettinardi, Seemore, Edel, even Scratch for that matter, makes great putters, I think i would rather deal with a company great customer service, rather than an arrogent admin. Also you can go through their "extensive" fitting but a bad putter is going to be a bad putter regardless. It will not make a 36 putts/round a 25 putts/round player.

I read those comments as bashing Seemore. I am not saying Edel makes crappy putters, but in the niche' market of Boutique Putters where so many companies such as Byron Morgan, TP Mills, Bettinardi, Seemore, Edel, even Scratch for that matter, makes great putters, I think i would rather deal with a company great customer service, rather than an arrogent admin. Also you can go through their "extensive" fitting but a bad putter is going to be a bad putter regardless. It will not make a 36 putts/round a 25 putts/round player.

But none of those mentioned, except for Edel, fit you for every aspect of a putter, and start with how you aim a putter.

Even with SeeMore, which I used, having taken lessons from Pat O'Brien, they advise you to use their triangulator to see where you're aiming and then to make compensations to get "true" aim. With an Edel, if you are fit right, there are no compensations.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Thanks.

If you are putting with an anser style, I'd probably put the tape evenly on the bumpers to gain more perimeter weighting, and then in the cavity. I'm afraid if I placed it on the sole, that the tape would scuff the green as I putted and stop the putter.

Even if it did not, I'd be thinking about it. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspangler View Post

Those statements are simply him explaining how Seemore putters work.  For it to be considered "bashing" then they would have to be considered incorrect.  Are they incorrect?

Quote:

Mr. Desmond:

If you are putting with an anser style, I'd probably put the tape evenly on the bumpers to gain more perimeter weighting, and then in the cavity. I'm afraid if I placed it on the sole, that the tape would scuff the green as I putted and stop the putter.

Even if it did not, I'd be thinking about it. :-)

Well, once in a blue moon I will actually "chunk" a putt like an idiot, so I was kind of thinking the same thing.  But also thinking it might be distracting if its on the top.  I'll just goof around with it.  Thanks guys.

ARRGGHHHH!

Careful you don't turn into the Hulk or something.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Well, once in a blue moon I will actually "chunk" a putt like an idiot, so I was kind of thinking the same thing.  But also thinking it might be distracting if its on the top.  I'll just goof around with it.  Thanks guys.

You never know - depends on how you shape and cut it, and whether the tape is a similar color as the putter.

Save up for that Edel fitting - even though the basic customized putter costs similar to a Cameron ($375?)

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

You never know - depends on how you shape and cut it, and whether the tape is a similar color as the putter.

Save up for that Edel fitting - even though the basic customized putter costs similar to a Cameron ($375?)

That's what I'm gonna do... save up a little here, sell some stuff I got, and get an Edel... that way I won't have to worry about the putter again. For the time being though, the Seemore is working pretty well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

That's what I'm gonna do... save up a little here, sell some stuff I got, and get an Edel... that way I won't have to worry about the putter again. For the time being though, the Seemore is working pretty well.

I once owned an m2, a mFGP black, mFGP platinum. Still have a bronze FGP in black....

Tried the new mFGP - a bit larger and they did something with the sole - it was okay.

Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!