Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The use of the right and left hands....

2 posts in this topic

I feel like i use the right hand/arm quite alot in the swing, iv been told that i should be using the left hand/arm to pull the club into the ball to create more lag and get the club comin down on a better plane! i have a tendancy to slice the driver, would this be the reason why??!! any help would be greatly appreciated...

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You don't create lag be pulling the left arm down, it is created by the rotation of the body. You want to have soft and passive hands/wrists and arms. You slice the ball, straight slice, starts straight then go's right because the face is open to the path and you are swinging out-to-in(OTT). If you are hitting the ball to the right then going right then you might need to strengthen your grip.

There are a few threads to look at.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I don't suggest doing that. Virtually every good player I've ever taught, myself, those I've talked to, etc. feel as though the "release" or the "squaring" of the clubface comes pretty naturally, not by something you're "making" happen. If you have to manually square the clubface, you've likely done something wrong earlier in the swing somewhere that's got you in a bad position. Also, most people who slice the ball already have the clubface pointed left of the target line at impact anyway. I don't know what the OP said since it's over a year old. And the OP hasn't been on the site since 2012.
    • A couple of things... I wonder if there's any chance of an anti-trust challenge, if the GS + {Dick's / GG} would give Dick's too large a share of the golf retail market. I'm not sure what % of total market share GS + GG would equal. Golf retailing currently floats in a condition of excess industrial capacity - more companies producing/selling a product category than the market can absorb. In such conditions, a shakeout usually occurs as weaker firms go bankrupt or voluntarily exit the market. What stronger firms often will do is buy up struggling firms to gain control of their capacity, and then have massive shutdowns of less profitable acquired sites. This is what Dick's is doing with their announced plan to  retain only 30 of 109 Golfsmith stores. The Golf Galaxy true superstores are superb, such as the Chesterfield Valley unit in St. Louis area. That said, the average Golfsmith store tends to have more hitting bays than Galaxy. And, a Golfsmith unit sometimes partners with a GolfTec lessons and fitting shop. As far as alternatives to golf superstores, I came across an article  a couple of weeks ago which says custom club-fitting shops are becoming more popular with golfers. I'll post the link if I can find it. Note: GolfTec and PGA of America struck a partnership for golf lessons in February. 
    • Don't get me wrong, I loved watching the old Tiger play, and I clearly think he's got the talent to do it, but his body holding up is his impediment. Gotta love his competitiveness and his confidence, but I just can't see that happening.
    • I ran across this from a photo archive. I do not remember whatever happened to it, but I should have kept it (along with a few other whimsical notions at the time); There is actually a tee'd up ball . Hard to see because of the angle and it blends into the tee box marker. The strip of plusher artificial grass simulates the feel of real turf. Not bad for ten minutes work. The markers are Christmas tree ornaments and are stuck into holes drilled into the hard mat and plywood. October 27, 2013 at 1:49pm · Like      This screen was soon ripped to shreds! I guess it needed very flexible or longer tethers.       I don't know how old this swing is, but although does not look too bad, was very much OTT.   
    • 38 + 40 = 78.  Blue tee at fossil trace. That's with 3 doubles, one bogey, one birdie and rest all pars.  I really need to work on avoiding stupid mistakes. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries