IGNORED

What ball do YOU use?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 4215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Must buy 3 D2's and see what there like....feel of course!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 18 today at a course I hadn't been to yet. Slope rating of 121 with very narrow fairways, plenty of water & tall grassy areas to lose balls in. Didn't risk losing the Bridgestones on the tougher holes, leave those to the D2's of which I did manage to lose 3 today. Anyways I had a few really nice fairway shots with my 3 wood & the Bridgestone E-6's really seemed to get more distance than the D2's. Maybe it's just a placebo effect since I seriously doubt my own abilities or lack thereof to actually gauge a difference between balls. But as of right now I am sold on the E-6's & will be using them from now on.

Oh yea score was nothing great, 48 on front & a 50 on the back but considering I have only been playing for 2 months I am relatively happy with that for now.

I play the V1X, though the 2007 V1 is pretty awesome.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I play the Srixon Z-URS or the Z-URC, either or.

By the way the that Top Flite D2 ball is actually a really good ball and value.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

I play the Srixon Z-URS or the Z-URC, either or.

By the way the that Top Flite D2 ball is actually a really good ball and value.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

I recently tried out the Srixons and loved it so I bought myself some and they are great value. I used to use the Callaway HX Hot which were great balls too.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

the new pro v1x's are good because they spin more than the old ones... there really good around the greens. i havent tried the pro v 1 yet...

I use pro v1x

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

I have been playing the new pro v. I have now played the last month with them and cannot be more satisfied. Dallas has been getting a lot of rain than usually and with the wet courses they still played good.
Lawson

905R fujikura 27.5
X 15 degree
MP 60
Oil Can 53 & 56
Trusty Rusty 61 Circa 62 #6 pro v1

HX Tour. ProV1s spin too much for me.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I play Callaway HX Tour 56 normally. I'm suprised nobody has mentioned them yet. $10 less than pro v1 and superior spin off irons and wedges in my opinion. I also bought some d2 Feel the other day but havent put them into play yet.

Ive been playing Precept Laddies this season. Got a few dozen of them for a pretty good deal after I heard some good things about them. They are actually a pretty decent ball for the price.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

NXT Tour, only ball my spin milled's wont rip up, and isnt hard as a rock (besides the pro V1). Reasonable price too.

i have the same problem,my yonex irons rip up everyball i hit, yesterday i was hitting a provisional so i took out a crappy pinnacle and when i picked it up there were shreds hanging off of it!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

NXT Tour, only ball my spin milled's wont rip up, and isnt hard as a rock (besides the pro V1). Reasonable price too.

I just got a new 56 spin milled and it shreds the hell out of all my golf balls, including some NXT Tours I got for my birthday. Phenomenal wedges though.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I bought 12 warbirds today because there were no D2's, what do the Callaways play like?
and where can i get d2's on the web that will post to ireland within reasonable prices?

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 4215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!