IGNORED

What ball do YOU use?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to use Bridgestone E6 bals until I lost them all and am currently using Maxfli Noodle balls I got off eBay (70 balls for a tenner!).

E6...meh, I can slice these in to the OOB without any trouble what so ever!

Noodle...hell yeah, its as good as everyone says it is! Great feel off the club and around the greens!

Ive also got some ProV1's off ebay (36 newish balls, not refurbished, for £15!) and they are ok. Ive managed to get a few shots to sit right down after landing on the green, which is a first for me...but I think I like the Noodles better.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by mailman

I used to use Bridgestone E6 bals until I lost them all and am currently using Maxfli Noodle balls I got off eBay (70 balls for a tenner!).

E6...meh, I can slice these in to the OOB without any trouble what so ever!

Noodle...hell yeah, its as good as everyone says it is! Great feel off the club and around the greens!

Ive also got some ProV1's off ebay (36 newish balls, not refurbished, for £15!) and they are ok. Ive managed to get a few shots to sit right down after landing on the green, which is a first for me...but I think I like the Noodles better.

Regards

Mailman

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Specific brands/models aren't very relevant................

There are 3 types of balls:

1. cheap rocks

2. budget performance balls

3. Tour Caliber balls

If you aren't a low HC player, play any cheap rock. If you score in the 70s, a performance ball will help.    If you aren't a low HC player,  you don't hit the ball well enough to take advantage of the performance offered by pricier golf balls.. (when the biggest concern is not duffing/blading/chunking)..LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Dont worry...its just that my game probably isnt at the point where the ProV1 would do anything for me...other than hurt the wallet when it flies 400 yards to the right off the tee! :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My all-time favorite(and I've used just about every brand of ball on the course) is the Titleist NXT Tour and Pro V1(too expensive though).  The NXT Tour just gives me confidence, especially on drives I never hit more fairways than when I'm playing with an NXT. I also like them for putting, they are light and roll quick which helps on tricky greens.

I also like the Bridgestone E5 and E6 which I used for the first time about a month ago. Hit some nice shots but they didn't give me the best performance.

I love the feel, distance and ability to hold a green of the Pro-V1, so if money were no object, I'd get them every time.  But I lose too many balls to justify the price.  The ones I've played have been found balls, until I saw a barrel of balls at a souvenir shop this summer with a $4/dozen or something similar price tag on them, so I spent 10 minutes cherry-picking out the Pro-V1s, got a dozen of them and a dozen other performance/tour balls.

For the past year or so, my favorite has been the Srixon AD333.  I first picked up two dozen on sale/clearance at Dick's Sporting goods for $25 last summer and discovered that not only were they probably as long as or longer than any other ball I've played, but they have a good solid feel to them, softer than a top-rock, Pinnacle, or Burner but harder and more substantial than a Noodle, Mojo or other low-compression ball.  For as long as they are, they will also stick to a green - I've backed up a half dozen 8-irons with the AD333 and even backed up a 7-iron a few inches once; the only other ball I've played, other than some balatas back in the day, that will back up with longer than a sandwedge is the Pro-V1, but I'll admit that the only better quality balls I play are found balls.  At that price, $12.50 a dozen, they were one of the very best deals I've ever had on sports equipment and while I went back and bought two more dozen, I'm pissed that I didn't buy a gross of them.  They discontinued them in 2011.  A google search revealed that about the only place that carries them any more is Wal-Mart and while I try hard not to do business with that store, I recently broke down and, seeing from the website that they were in-stock at my local Wally-World, bought a dozen for their normal retail price of $19.99.

The Q-Star is supposed to be the replacement for the AD333 but at a $5 premium over its predecessor and a few weeks ago I bought a dozen of the optic yellow ones for $25/doz., getting those over the TriSpeed Tour (2doz-for $35 @ Golf Galaxy) to get a free hat that came with the Q-Stars.  That's the most I've ever spent on balls, but it did come with the free Srixon hat.  I like them, but don't think they bite the green quite as well with approach shots as the AD333s, nor do they seem to go as far - I had a couple of really well-struck drives that only went 250 yards or so, but the course was a bit soft from recent rains.  They have a very plasticky look and feel to them in my hand, but feel similar to the AD333 off the clubface.  My first two rounds, I lost only one over 27 holes, which is pretty phenomenal for me, and had no real damage to them despite hitting several trees.  Yesterday I left two sleeves of them on the course, although one I put into a pond as a practice shot with a new wedge and I tossed away two of them that hit asphalt cart paths and got very badly scraped up.

I don't think I'll need to buy balls again until next spring, but when I do, I think I'll try the Gamer V2.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Not sure how anyone can hit the yellow Srixon balls. They look so beautiful.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I was E6 but I lost them all and wanted something with better control around the green. I bought some E5s and played with them last week and had wayy better control around the greens. The ball actually stopped on the green versus just continuously rolling for ages, haha. I am happy with the switch.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

e5's are the best man. been using them for a few months now and absolutely love them. they are the only ball i have ever been able to consistently get backspin with

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!