IGNORED

What ball do YOU use?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 4236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've tried several brands, but keep coming back to the Bridgestone B330. They're really long and they bite like a fat lady on a donut around the greens.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Gran Z. They have been turning up around here. like the Pro V1 and an NXT tour hybrid. Fast off the driver and low spin.
330 dimples.

My local Golf Galaxy got a shipment "by accident" and unloaded them for $1.50 a ball. I stocked up.

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

I bought some Slazenger RD's 24 for $20 on sale at Dick's and so far they seem to be pretty decent. I also have some older Pinnacle Gold's that I like. I'll try anything for the right price. If I had the money I'd probably be playing Callaway HX Hot's or Tour's though....

I use the ball.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Hit my local course that I play the most & used the Bridgestone E-6's exclusively. Normally I dont even use my driver because I tend to fade it quite a bit so I stick to the 3 wood. Anyways I decided to use my driver, an Adams Tight lies & see how it worked out. Of 9 holes I used driver on 6 of them, 4 were dead nuts straight down the middle of the fairway & each one was about 220-230 yds....I am not a long ball hitter & never will be. The other 2 ended up with just a slight bit of draw & were just off the fairway.

I have played the course every week for 3 months now & have not hit that many fairways & had them consistently fly that far. Maybe it's a placebo effect, maybe i'm just getting better, or maybe the Bridgestones actually do what they claim to do?

I use Wilson Staff True Elite

what do the numbers on the balls mean?

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I use Wilson Staff True Elite

If you're serious, the numbers on the ball help indicate which ball is yours. (If your playing partners are playing the same ball as you)

But if you're not serious, I suppose the joke is on me now.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

I guess that'd be a cool thing when you're playing on a real tournament, but the balls really arent different right?

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I guess that'd be a cool thing when you're playing on a real tournament, but the balls really arent different right?

The #1's are the best ones. Ask Tiger Woods.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Bought Some D2 Feels today, heading out for 9 to try them now.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

I use the

Can you get

balls in America? I haven't seen them. Maybe that's a Europe only thing...

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

I got a dozen of nike ignite's, The ball feels good and hit's ok off the tee. But they get little spin on the irons. For 24$ a dozen this ball is not worth it in my opinion.

just got back from trying them out, i added at least 25 yards to my drive woth the callaways after my first tee shot which i put it out of bounds!
the D2 was brilliant,im getting consistent spin on my approach or at least stopping swiftly.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

I have been playing the Hogan "The Hawk" ball lately. Golfsmith had them on closeout recently for only $15/dozen for a 3 piece Urethane cover ball. Very good ball, can get good distance, spin and its durable.

I got a dozen of nike ignite's, The ball feels good and hit's ok off the tee. But they get little spin on the irons. For 24$ a dozen this ball is not worth it in my opinion.

Interesting. I bought them for a friend, and he quite likes them, so I thought about buying them. Not so sure now, though. Having said that, AmericanGolf has 20% off all Nike balls at the minute, so they're only £13 a dozen... worth a shot, I think.

I just like the box Oh, and I currently use lake balls, because I'm crap. But if I stay away from the driver and 3 wood, I don't spray balls everywhere, so I've stopped losing many... interestingly enough, Today's Golfer robot tested lake balls against their equivalent new balls... only lost around 5 yards. That didn't take into account feel and short game ability, obviously. andy.

Taylormade TP Red. They bruise easily, but it doesn't seem to matter. Love 'em.

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
Mizuno MX-23 4-PW Reg Steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: Snell MTB Black

I'm playing the TP Blacks which I like, but I don't love yet. They spin a lot, probably too much, but I'm not sure I like the feel of them. Bass Pro Shops had them for $34/doz though and I had to give them a shot.
I'm a little surprised how many high handicappers use the most expensive balls (including my playing partners).

Chris
What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!