IGNORED

The Barclays Scottish Open

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Since he has no real competition (one guy within three strokes, and a no-namer at that) he'll probably win. Then his misery at the British Open will continue: Loch Lomond isn't a Carnoustie-like place.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

for the life of me I don't understand his approach going into the 18th tee w/a 1 shot lead (just after a birdie on 17)

I'm the last guy to tell Phil what he should/should not do, but didn't he realize Par was going to win him the tourney? I mean that french guy in all respect wasn't going to birdie the hole.....sometimes I feel Phils mental approach to the game is what seperates him from being an elite player (Tiger status) from just what he is, a very very good player.....

Hi

lets not forget that Havret played well, and in fact out of his skin to be honest. He put on the performance of his life to beat a worldclass elite player who to be truthful was not massively keyed up for the event...

but why didn't he just pull the 3 wood out and put it 290 down the fairway???...because he's a showman who just wanted to launch the big dog down the fairway 340!!

A good warm up tournament for Phil though but not good Karma for him having to get involved in a play off. It was good to see Phil get out of his comfort zone and play a European event..i only wish we'd see the top American players more often like Furyk and JJ Henry and Davis Love iii- i tend to think that if they crossed the pond more often they would be more successful in the Ryder Cup for some reason....too much time spent in their own little world!!

bb69

Since he has no real competition (one guy within three strokes, and a no-namer at that) he'll probably win. Then his misery at the British Open will continue: Loch Lomond isn't a Carnoustie-like place.

No real competition? Ernie Els? Luke Donald? and anyway the "no-namer" beat Mr Mickleson in the play off.

For the record I wanted Phil to win, but a part of me was glad he didn't as it would have led to the inevitable negative comparisons between the PGA and European tours on forums like this. Make no mistake there is plenty quality competition on the european tour.

Yeah, Havret proved that the europeans are just as good as the americans.

Thats odd of you to say, that tour is good but it doesnt compare to the PGA tour unless there are big names who normally play on US soil their. Phil was coming off a wrist injury and at best had his c+ this past week. Not to mention it was basically a practice week to get him ready for Carnoustie.. not that its even close to what Carnoustie plays like. Sure there are plenty of quality european players but that doesnt give the euro tour any merrit considering the majority of the top euro players play on the PGA tour.

Thats odd of you to say, that tour is good but it doesnt compare to the PGA tour unless there are big names who normally play on US soil their. Phil was coming off a wrist injury and at best had his c+ this past week. Not to mention it was basically a practice week to get him ready for Carnoustie.. not that its even close to what Carnoustie plays like. Sure there are plenty of quality european players but that doesnt give the euro tour any merrit considering the majority of the top euro players play on the PGA tour.

This is an example of the sort of insulting predictable rubbish that I expected; "Phil nearly won without trying, whilst carrying an injury blah blah blah".

Actually the majority of the top europeans and international players split their schedules between the PGA tour and european tour. The european tour is strong and the quality of play is excellent. Lets see how Carnoustie turns out this week?

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!