IGNORED

HSBS Women's Championship Preview & Pairings

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

HSBC Women's Championship Preview & Pairings

Before I get to this week's topic, let me say that if you missed this past weekend's tournament, you missed one of the strangest finishes I have ever seen. I don't think that I have ever seen a player on the final hole needing a six to win, taking an eight. The fact that it happened to a 17 year old, certainly made it harder to watch. Last year when I.K. Kim missed that 12-18 inch putt to blow the Kraft Nabisco, that terrible feeling we had watching her bury her face in her caddy chest won't be forgotten for a long time. I didn't think we would have to see something that heart wrenching again so soon. Seeing Moriya wiping the tears from her younger sisters eyes by the 18th green, is another picture that will not be forgotten for some time. I hope she can shake this off, and it will not cause any long term career problems.

The LPGA Tour moves to Singapore this week, for the playing of the HSBC Women's Championship. The tour will then come home to the United States, after a one week break.

This will be tournament # 3 of 28 this year.

Just like last week's tournament, in spite of the limited field (just 63 players), it will be one of the strongest fields of the year. Fifty-six of the top 60 on the LPGA Priority List, and 18 of the top 20 ladies on this week's Rolex Rankings will be teeing it up. My strength of field rating is 80.0%.

Here are the key details:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2013/02/hsbc-womens-championship-preview.html

So this thread has been on view for over 24 hours but has only attracted about a dozen views.

Over here on the other side of the pond the Ladies European tour ( LET ) seems to be slipping of the Radar regarding TV coverage. Is this beginning to happen your side?

Posting this to try a generate some life into this thread.

Another question : what percentage of posters on Sandtrap are female?

Originally Posted by Vermeer

So this thread has been on view for over 24 hours but has only attracted about a dozen views.

Over here on the other side of the pond the Ladies European tour ( LET ) seems to be slipping of the Radar regarding TV coverage. Is this beginning to happen your side?

Posting this to try a generate some life into this thread.

Another question : what percentage of posters on Sandtrap are female?

Have no idea the percentage of females, but the LPGA will have more TV coverage on Golf Channel then ever before.

I wish the film work was better.  It seems they didn't use HD cameras and the picture wasn't very clear.

I visited Sentosa Island when I was in Singapore.  Unfortunately, the skies opened and we never got off the train.  It was fun to see.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wish the film work was better.  It seems they didn't use HD cameras and the picture wasn't very clear.   I visited Sentosa Island when I was in Singapore.  Unfortunately, the skies opened and we never got off the train.  It was fun to see.

I would agree the camera work is pretty booty in comparison with the PGA as well as the coverage. The LPGA has was the PGA needs, a dominant player you can follow (yani), however, I feel the tournaments are covered so badly it is hard to watch...

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!