IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that is a wise choice. I'll talk to you…

Hope it goes well Nate. Get better.

Best Wishes for a short and successful surgery.

I hope you get better soon! Keep your spirits up.

Good luck @cipher! I'm hoping everything goes well and you get better by next season.

Thank you everyone.  Many of you have been more help to me this year than you realize.  I will be contacting the hand surgeon this week and will see about getting it scheduled for sometime around January.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

MRI is first week in January.  We already know I need surgery, they just need to figure exactly what needs to be done.  Getting anxious to get this over with.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Hey, long time, no see!

hope you have a full and complete recovery with minimal bullshit!

get well soon, buddy. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
4 hours ago, cipher said:

MRI is first week in January.  We already know I need surgery, they just need to figure exactly what needs to be done.  Getting anxious to get this over with.

How long is the recovery period, generally speaking, afterward? How likely are you to get to 100% (or 90%, or 95%, or whatever %) mobility/strength?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Forward march Nate! Keep us posted.

Will do, thanks V.

3 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Hey, long time, no see!

hope you have a full and complete recovery with minimal bullshit!

get well soon, buddy. 

Sure hope so, thanks EJ.

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

How long is the recovery period, generally speaking, afterward? How likely are you to get to 100% (or 90%, or 95%, or whatever %) mobility/strength?

Going to ask a bit more, but should be close to 100% recovery possible.   6 weeks casted and 6-8 weeks of recovery after cast is removed.

Nate

Let us know how the surgery goes. Best wishes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Good luck Nate.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

Let us know how the surgery goes. Best wishes.

Will do.  I will check back after the MRI

2 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

Good luck Nate.

Thanks Matt.  I am hopefully getting my first boat over the winter.  I see lots of Bass and Pike fishing in my future. :-)

Nate

Just now, mvmac said:

Good luck @cipher!

Thanks Mike, looking forward to getting back out there this coming year.

Nate

Get well soon, @cipher!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hope for a speedy recovery @cipher, that's some Job like patience you've shown.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 hours ago, billchao said:

Get well soon, @cipher!

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Hope for a speedy recovery @cipher, that's some Job like patience you've shown.

Thank you, I am not sure I have handled it super well, but I have been trying anyway.  It helps to distract myself with other hobbies I enjoy as well.  

Nate

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2015 at 8:03 AM, Dave325 said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thank you!

MRI is tomorrow so I will update everything when I get the results back.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the Doc this morning and got my MRI results back.  Turns out I actually have a couple things in the left wrist the need to be surgically repaired.  The ECU tendon subluxation problem I was aware of and the MRI just confirmed that it does need to be repaired.  Basically this means replacing the sub-sheath holding the tendon tightly to the Ulnar bone.  They will also need to shave the groove in the bone a bit deeper.  The other thing that needs repair is the TFCC(Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex), whatever the heck that is.  Just waiting on scheduling to call me at this point to schedule the surgery.  The recovery time is about 3 months.  About a month in a cast and a couple more of PT before I would be ready to play again.  Hopefully we can get this scheduled sooner rather than later, and I can see the course this year.

• Upvote 2

Nate

Hope all goes well Nate.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!