IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, 14ledo81 said:

How about, "I was reaching into the net to lift out my 54'' muskie, it thrashed and got me with a tooth...."

That is much more believable anyway.  Well, maybe if I said 32" muskie though.  ;-)

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Cut myself shaving. :-P

I have come to realize you are always working an angle Scott.  :-P

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Long time no post.  Shady's back.  Well not really.  14 months and counting with no golf.  Not really much going on that is new.  Wrist is still coming along very slowly and is not ready for even partial swings yet.  Sorry @Jakester23 I have not really even tried to start chipping and putting again and won't be able to try and do much for a couple more weeks as my schedule is absolutely crazy.  I will say that the desire just has not really been there to even try.  I feel like I have in some ways moved on from my expectations and desire to work on things and care about playing so much.  I would like to play again, but it will likely be on a more casual level if I am even able to make full swings sometime this year.  You just never know what life will bring, one swing, one second in the wrong place at the wrong time, changes life.  Priorities and even interests can change depending on the effect.  Things just can become much less important as perspective is changed.  Not sure how much I can or will be around in the future, but hope everyone is well and be thankful for every moment you get to enjoy what you love to do.  

Wrist Photo..jpg

• Upvote 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

3 hours ago, cipher said:

Long time no post.  Shady's back.  Well not really.  14 months and counting with no golf.  Not really much going on that is new.  Wrist is still coming along very slowly and is not ready for even partial swings yet.  Sorry @Jakester23 I have not really even tried to start chipping and putting again and won't be able to try and do much for a couple more weeks as my schedule is absolutely crazy.  I will say that the desire just has not really been there to even try.  I feel like I have in some ways moved on from my expectations and desire to work on things and care about playing so much.  I would like to play again, but it will likely be on a more casual level if I am even able to make full swings sometime this year.  You just never know what life will bring, one swing, one second in the wrong place at the wrong time, changes life.  Priorities and even interests can change depending on the effect.  Things just can become much less important as perspective is changed.  Not sure how much I can or will be around in the future, but hope everyone is well and be thankful for every moment you get to enjoy what you love to do.  

Wrist Photo..jpg

Good to hear from you Nate! Yes, I can see how a 14 month forced layoff can change interests. Well, I will still hold out for a future visit to your neck of the woods as we planned last year. 

Going through some forearm stuff (old flare up) myself. Not nearly to the extent of what you have gone through - but maybe a few weeks off. I am getting ready make a full post on my swing thread.    

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, cipher said:

Went to the range with @Jakester23 yesterday.  Mainly was to help him out with his swing but I did steal a few golf balls from him and hit a few shots for the first time in a very long time.  I was scared to send the club through the ball at first.  I ended up hitting a couple partial 6 iron shots that went about 120-130 yards so I was very happy with that.  I am still feeling some strange muscle instability in my left forearm and general tightness in the wrist but it was a positive sign for sure. I will probably try again next week and work out the wrist in between.  We will see how it goes.

Great news man!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Great news man!

Very much so, thank you.

Nate

• Administrator

Good to hear. Little draws, I presume? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Good to hear. Little draws, I presume? :-)

Yeah, when I trusted the wrist and actually swung through the ball.  I had to point out to @Jakester23 how I was hitting the ball out of the middle of the club face as well.  ;-)  :-P

• Upvote 3

Nate

Awesome news!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Scary testing out a recently healed injury, but sounds like you passed with flying colors. Great to hear.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

22 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Awesome news!

21 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Scary testing out a recently healed injury, but sounds like you passed with flying colors. Great to hear.

Thanks Guys!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to recognize and thank @Jakester23, @iacas and @GolfLug for contacting me personally a number of times to check in and see how I was doing since my injury back in April of 2015.  You guys have no idea how much that meant to me.  Hopefully I will be back out on the course within' the next month and all of this will be behind me.

I will try and post a full swing next week just for fun.  I probably won't be doing much work on the swing anymore.  I just want to play.

• Upvote 2

Nate

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, cipher said:

I will try and post a full swing next week just for fun.  I probably won't be doing much work on the swing anymore.  I just want to play.

We will see how long that lasts… :-D Plus, more seriously, I think you know enough to "work" without seeking it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, cipher said:

Thanks Guys!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to recognize and thank @Jakester23, @iacas and @GolfLug for contacting me personally a number of times to check in and see how I was doing since my injury back in April of 2015.  You guys have no idea how much that meant to me.  Hopefully I will be back out on the course within' the next month and all of this will be behind me.

I should be the one thanking you. Not just for meeting me at the range (and fixing me) but for answering all my annoying questions over the last few years. We will definitely get out this year bud my treat.

34 minutes ago, cipher said:

Thanks Guys!

Glad you are finally back swinging! :beer:

Vishal S.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

We will see how long that lasts… :-D Plus, more seriously, I think you know enough to "work" without seeking it.

Haha, yeah I am sure I will continue to "work" on things in some way or another.  A lot has just changed in my life since all this happened so it will definitely be on a much LESS "obsessive" level.

4 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

I should be the one thanking you. Not just for meeting me at the range (and fixing me) but for answering all my annoying questions over the last few years. We will definitely get out this year bud my treat.

You are my friend Jake, and you don't owe me a thing.  :-)

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Glad you are finally back swinging! :beer:

Thank you V!

Nate

• Upvote 1

Nate

36 minutes ago, cipher said:

Swing looks good, but we'll have to teach you how to set-up a camera all over again. :-P 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Swing looks good, but we'll have to teach you how to set-up a camera all over again. :-P 

That was intentional as I am trying to avoid having myself or anyone else analyze anything right now.  :-)

Nate

Note: This thread is 903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!