IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

Great to see you back at it man!!!

Thank you!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Swing looks good bud. Glad to see you back grinding. How's the wrist feeling? We gotta get out when you get back from your trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Still working in overtaking rates.  My first attempt at a new priority piece in getting closer to the intended result.  A fairly significant grip change(weaker) and trying to get more toe down at the top.  Working on a better inline impact.  That is about all I have time so say about it right now.

• Upvote 4

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

25 minutes ago, cipher said:

Still working in overtaking rates.  My first attempt at a new priority piece in getting closer to the intended result.  A fairly significant grip change(weaker) and trying to get more toe down at the top.  Working on a better inline impact.  That is about all I have time so say about it right now.

Your last sentence made me think of Forrest Gump ... and then at the beginning of your video, a white "feather" goes floating right though.  Ha!! :beer:

Looking good, btw!

11 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Your last sentence made me think of Forrest Gump ... and then at the beginning of your video, a white "feather" goes floating right though.  Ha!! :beer:

Looking good, btw!

Haha.  I tried to edit it so the obvious mistake was not in there anymore, but I got distracted and ran out of time to be able to do so.  :-D

Nate

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, cipher said:

Still working in overtaking rates.

No you're not. You're working on not having the club swinging 6° out with the longer clubs, part of the cause of that being the grip and the clubface being closed throughout the backswing and downswing. You haven't really been working on overtaking rates for… well, ever, really. They're a byproduct.

My first attempt at a new priority piece in getting closer to the intended result. A fairly significant grip change(weaker) and trying to get more toe down at the top.

Yes.

Working on a better inline impact.  That is about all I have time so say about it right now.

And that too. And that's about all you should have to say. That's what you're doing… and keep it simple. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good to see you are getting them out there. Glad everything worked out.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3 hours ago, iacas said:

And that too. And that's about all you should have to say. That's what you're doing… and keep it simple. :-)

Worked over 12 hours today and in the rush of everything it appears I stated a few things poorly and lost the ability to write properly as well.   :-)    Keeping it simple.

40 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Good to see you are getting them out there. Glad everything worked out.

Thank you very much.

Nate

4 hours ago, cipher said:

Looking good! Interesting video slo mo sound,,:-)

Vishal S.

2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Looking good! Interesting video slo mo sound,,:-)

Yeah I should probably go back and mute the sound in YouTube.

Nate

8 hours ago, cipher said:

Yeah I should probably go back and mute the sound in YouTube.

No, I think it is actually cool. It sounds very scientific..:-D

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This is a swing from a couple weeks ago now.  Just have not had time to update the thread much at all.  Found a way to get the toe down at 4.  It has pretty much eliminated hitting any hooks for me.  I am working now on finding something between this(getting some huge fades) and my old motion where I took the club in maybe too much and swung out too much with the face more shut.  This is all a backswing feel really.  In the DS I am still just basically working on one feel to get to a better inline impact.  I need to get some FO video soon.

Edited by cipher

Nate

Love the motion Mr. Moore. ;-) Once you get this dialed in your going to be putting up some good scores. It was nice to get a round in with you bud keep grinding.

Edited by Jakester23

9 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

Love the motion Mr. Moore. ;-) Once you get this dialed in your going to be putting up some good scores. It was nice to get a round in with you bud keep grinding.

Thanks bud, yeah I think it will get there.  Did some work at the range and one of the feels that I have to work on in the DS should eventually help me tighten those fades up a bit.

Nate

15 minutes ago, cipher said:

Thanks bud, yeah I think it will get there.  Did some work at the range and one of the feels that I have to work on in the DS should eventually help me tighten those fades up a bit.

I was impressed with the driver considering you've only hit a handful on the course since the 90's :banana: well maybe 2000's

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

I was impressed with the driver considering you've only hit a handful on the course since the 90's :banana: well maybe 2000's

Haha! Very true.

Nate

Some things I like and some things I don't but overall inline is much better.  Hitting 13/14 fairways with this swing Monday was a personal best.  

• Upvote 1

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Been struggling a bit this year on my pitch shots.  Working on few things hear.  Gripping the club lower, left leg straighter and trying to achieve less arm movement going back.

Nate

Note: This thread is 897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!