IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been a long time coming but I made my first real swings today in a very long time.  I only hit about 30 balls, but it felt great.  The wrist has some very slight soreness but overall it felt ve

I just wanted to mention what I learned about my game under feeling the pressure to hit good shots at the Newport Cup.  I first realized that five months of playing some golf after two years away from

Played nine this morning, shot 40.  I recorded almost all the shots from the round.  There was a par 3 where I did not get the two putts on film cuz a granpappy in a cart was passing me by at the spee

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Lookin good Nate .

Thank you Matt.

9 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Lol, the old @sean_miller technique! ;-) 

Haha, just a little "sly intentionality".  ;-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, cipher said:

That was intentional as I am trying to avoid having myself or anyone else analyze anything right now.  :-)

Too late. ;-) I'm good with 3D…

Swing looks good.

14 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

That's awesome. How close is that to what you would call a full swing? Also how good did it feel?

Felt about 80% but was pretty close to full.  It felt great to be able to finally hit some real shots and the wrist feels fairly stable.  Still some work to do with it though.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Too late. ;-) I'm good with 3D…

Swing looks good.

:-)  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, cipher said:

Felt about 80% but was pretty close to full.  It felt great to be able to finally hit some real shots and the wrist feels fairly stable.  Still some work to do with it though.

:-)  Thanks.

Are you icing the wrist afterward (I say hopefully)? Take baby steps. I pushed my shoulder a bit too fast and it just prolonged the rehab.

53 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Are you icing the wrist afterward (I say hopefully)? Take baby steps. I pushed my shoulder a bit too fast and it just prolonged the rehab.

I did not after this first range session.  I will try and do that when I go to do this again next week.  

2 minutes ago, cipher said:

I did not after this first range session.  I will try and do that when I go to do this again next week.  

It really helps. After any activity that may stress your wrist, try icing it after. Healing rates improve with reduction of inflammation. Inflammation actually inhibits recovery.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not really bad news but just news.  Feeling some instability and/or slight popping in the wrist when doing some slow motion practice swings, so I am going to scale things back on making real swings until it is no longer there.  I feel something is not quite right so I am going to trust that.  At this point there is no real difference to me between 1.5 years or 2 years of not playing.  I am having too much fun fishing and playing disc golf anyway.  I will keep working on strengthening and trying to stabilize the wrist until then.

• 7 months later...

I've been slacking a bit lately.  Have not really had much motivation to work on the wrist over the winter so that has got to change.  I started doing some strengthening and stretching with the left wrist this week and will continue to work on that.  @Jakester23 is checking up on me and holding me accountable to that.  I will give it a good go this spring and will play through everything but another tendon dislocation at this point.  I am confident that if I can play this year that I will be a single digit again pretty quickly.  I would really like to get back out there this year and just need to stay motivated to do so.    

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

What kinds of exercises do you do? Or is that coming in the blog? Does carrying around a rubber ball and squeezing that help? Try to find things you can do almost subconsciously.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

What kinds of exercises do you do? Or is that coming in the blog? Does carrying around a rubber ball and squeezing that help? Try to find things you can do almost subconsciously.

Basically just using the weight of a golf club to do different slow rotations of the wrist.  Yeah, I also have some rubber balls that the PT gave me to use for strengthening as well.

Glad to hear your going to give it a go this spring bud. Whenever you wanna go to the range or whatever let me know. I have a feeling you will be back to where you we're quicker than you think.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...