IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

They will be here Friday. :)

Sweet!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/24/2017 at 3:29 PM, RandallT said:

I know you're thinking of this one:

C781B239-DF03-4C2E-918B-76AED4871DA8.jpeg

The note says that Nate drained this one on #12 at Talamore (Thursday PM Fourball) in a match against you and Phil.  That got BLUE (Nate/Dave K) to AS on the back nine.

I had forgotten about that, but thanks for making me relive the pain, @RandallT:pound:

But seriously, it felt like there were a lot of these when we played @cipher. I remember multiple times where he seemed out of the hole but would suddenly make a bomb or have an excellent pitch shot to steal the hole from us. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

But seriously, it felt like there were a lot of these when we played @cipher. I remember multiple times where he seemed out of the hole but would suddenly make a bomb or have an excellent pitch shot to steal the hole from us. 

Maybe there was.  Maybe I just cant picture them through the blinding and glorious light of eagles being dropped on us.  ;-)

• Like 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• 2 months later...

This should be an interesting year coming up. I will try and work on the swing a bit over the winter if I can find the time. I definitely want to give it one more solid effort on correcting the driver swing as soon a spring hits. I also picked up a Ping G driver which seems so much more forgiving(I have only hit it once at the range though) than my SLDR TP was. I am not sure what I was thinking with that one other than it was a cheap driver to buy when getting back into playing again after the injury.    

Nate

• 5 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 11:04 AM, cipher said:

This should be an interesting year coming up. I will try and work on the swing a bit over the winter if I can find the time. I definitely want to give it one more solid effort on correcting the driver swing as soon a spring hits. I also picked up a Ping G driver which seems so much more forgiving(I have only hit it once at the range though) than my SLDR TP was. I am not sure what I was thinking with that one other than it was a cheap driver to buy when getting back into playing again after the injury.    

I did not work on anything with the swing.  Life changes, you move on.  I don't have the desire to practice and play much anymore after everything that has happened and with the place I am at in life.  I've only played golf a couple times this year.  I gave it a good five years of commitment to improving the game, and learned so much along the way.  This thread was a lot of fun, thanks to all who weighed in over the years.  

• Like 1

Nate

• Administrator
5 hours ago, cipher said:

I did not work on anything with the swing.  Life changes, you move on.  I don't have the desire to practice and play much anymore after everything that has happened and with the place I am at in life.  I've only played golf a couple times this year.  I gave it a good five years of commitment to improving the game, and learned so much along the way.  This thread was a lot of fun, thanks to all who weighed in over the years.  

Golf will always be here waiting for you if you decide to come back to it.

Keep in touch, man.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Golf will always be here waiting for you if you decide to come back to it.

Keep in touch, man.

I will still play some here and there, especially considering I need to for the company at times.  But I am finished with the early morning stuff and with working on things.  I know my limitations at this point.  If I play it will be for fun moving forward, basically the way golf used to be for me before 2011.  I may get out to Sand Valley this year or next with my Dad and that would be great fun.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Nate

• 7 months later...

Checking in.  I must have something against my left hand and wrist as I decided to break it playing soccer(yeah I know, you are not supposed to use your hands in soccer), back in the beginning of January.  Bone still has not started coming back together as of the end of January and I am still in a splint.  I am hoping that I do not need surgery again.  If all goes well I will probably try and play a little golf this year and a lot of disc golf(maybe some tournaments).  I moved last year a little closer to work within' the Milwaukee area and basically live next to a very nice Municipal course.  They have some pretty good deals so I will try to get out once every couple weeks or so as I can.

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate

• Administrator

It's been a bad week here for left wrists. I've seen two broken wrists and one bad sprain. None are mine (or Natalie's), knock on wood.

Get well soon.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's terrible man. Maybe it will start coming together soon and you'll have a speedy recovery from there.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

There's a repetitive stress injury joke that I want to make, but I can't land it.

Hope you heal successfully and get enjoy golf and disc golf going forward.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's been a bad week here for left wrists. I've seen two broken wrists and one bad sprain. None are mine (or Natalie's), knock on wood.

Get well soon.

Thanks.  Did you get the same ice storms there?

11 minutes ago, TN94z said:

That's terrible man. Maybe it will start coming together soon and you'll have a speedy recovery from there.

Thanks, hopefully it will soon.  

7 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There's a repetitive stress injury joke that I want to make, but I can't land it.

Hope you heal successfully and get enjoy golf and disc golf going forward.

Left hand.  ;-)  Thanks man, hope all is well.  

• Like 1

Nate

• 5 months later...

Just finally made it out this week for some golf for the first time this year.  Hitting the ball decently well considering I still have quite a bit of pain in the left hand when swinging and haven't swung a club for a long time again.  Just picked up some Glide 2 wedges and l look forward to playing a few rounds this year yet, if the hand holds up.  I'll try and stop by here a little more often, but won't really update this thread much as I have no plans to actually work on my swing in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Nate

1 hour ago, cipher said:

Just finally made it out this week for some golf for the first time this year.  Hitting the ball decently well considering I still have quite a bit of pain in the left hand when swinging and haven't swung a club for a long time again.  Just picked up some Glide 2 wedges and l look forward to playing a few rounds this year yet, if the hand holds up.  I'll try and stop by here a little more often, but won't really update this thread much as I have no plans to actually work on my swing in the future. 

It'll be good to have you back around posting and stuff.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, billchao said:

Seconded. Even about DG.

21 hours ago, billchao said:

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Seconded. Even about DG.

Will do my best guys.  Hoping to get some DG videos made yet this year.  I have not been able to play much DG either with being preoccupied with opening our second business location which is set to go live in September.

Nate

Played in another charity event yesterday.  Hit the ball okay, except for my 5w for some reason.  The left hand has a considerable amount of pain each time I swing.  I will wait another week or two and see how it goes from there.  

Nate

• Administrator

What did you do (again?) to your left hand exactly?

Note: This thread is 877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!