IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2974307_CpgbDEDg.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Played with the new Hogan irons. They are a club longer on average for me. I will have to get used to that as I hit a bunch of shots over the back of greens. Really like them overall though, the combo set doesn't really even fell like it is one too me. Love having the blades 8 iron and down. I am curious if I would like the BH Icon blades in a 7 or a 6 as well maybe. 

I am working on some things with the swing to get some more consistent face angles held through impact. Swinging the driver decently well, but I am using a completely different swing than my irons for it to do so. One day I won't need to do that is the hope. Can't really hit anything right now after driver until I get to a 5 iron, so I have some work to do.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not bad...

4C624919-F28C-469E-B2B1-23755CAB39D4.jpeg

Not good.
EFFD421F-E027-4447-AA13-4C072AF03AEB.jpeg

I probably should find another hobby. 🤢

Edited by cipher

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator

Huh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

The overtaking, rolling the face in the DS through impact. I've tried to clean this up sooooo many times over the years without ever finding the feel for it. I'm obviously giving it one more shot at this time to do so.

Nate

• Administrator

Yeah, but I bet you can do it at 20% speed. Probably 30%. Yes?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, but I bet you can do it at 20% speed. Probably 30%. Yes?

50% even.

• Upvote 1

Nate

• Administrator

So then work at 60%.

@cipher

This drill below helped me a lot with the same issue. My Evolvr instructor gave it to me. I do it as a warm up drill. You can do it slow as well. I also do a drill trying to fade or push a shot starting with a closed face. It dials in the feel.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, iacas said:

So then work at 60%.

I see where you are going with that, will do. 

27 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@cipher

This drill below helped me a lot with the same issue. My Evolvr instructor gave it to me. I do it as a warm up drill. You can do it slow as well. I also do a drill trying to fade or push a shot starting with a closed face. It dials in the feel.

Thanks, yeah that is one of the things I am trying to do in my partial swings.  It's just the translation to the full swing where I have the trouble basically.  

Nate

E1E0BF81-5E4E-4D74-A1E2-0F7D300B4189.jpeg
Worked a good part of the weekend with slow motion swings to try and find the feel I needed to get this picture. I can’t do it every time but this was with about a 90% distance swing or so. I can also for the first time in many years, swing a driver with a normal backswing. Exciting stuff for me, but I need to stay with it and keep doing this until I have it down. Ball flight results were great.  

Nate

Major image change there! good job!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Major image change there! good job!

Thanks Matt! Went out and played 9 this afternoon with the feel and I loved being able to hit a Hybrid and a 3W again. I also loved not needing a different backswing for the driver as well. I haven't been able to do that for years.  

• Like 1

Nate

Just now, cipher said:

Thanks Matt! Went out and played 9 this afternoon with the feel and I loved being able to hit a Hybrid and a 3W again. I also loved not needing a different backswing for the driver as well. I haven't been able to do that for years.  

I think what I am going to start on is going to be the same for me. Swing left for everything, lol. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think what I am going to start on is going to be the same for me. Swing left for everything, lol. 

Haha, yeah it seems to work.  🤷‍♂️

Nate

I am not sure why I am getting this now, when I never have been able to before. Whatever it is, I'll take it. It is going to hard to keep my high handicap if I keep this up.  

Edited by cipher
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Nate

13 minutes ago, cipher said:

I am not sure why I am getting this now, when I never have been able to before. Whatever it is, I'll take it. It is going to hard to keep my high handicap if I keep this up.  

Looks good man.  The down the line is slightly off center, but I like how you get in a good position to hit down and through the ball.  Nice.

3 hours ago, cipher said:

That looks great, but I have questions about the range you're at. It looks like the hitting area has never been mowed, so is it in someone's backyard or something? :-D

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

3 hours ago, ncates00 said:

Looks good man.  The down the line is slightly off center, but I like how you get in a good position to hit down and through the ball.  Nice.

15 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That looks great, but I have questions about the range you're at. It looks like the hitting area has never been mowed, so is it in someone's backyard or something? :-D

I finally get a piece that is something I've been trying to find the feel for, over many years(probably over 5 years, I shouldn't admit that), and you two goofs just want to complain about my camera angle and the grass at the range.  🤦‍♂️  This is why I haven't posted my swing much for years here. 😉

@DeadMan It is one of four ranges I go to, usually it is a little better.  They mainly have mats there but I prefer hitting of grass with my left wrist/hand injuries.  They basically just mow down some grass there.  Mats can be pretty painful at times if they are the wrong kind.  Why don't you just be happy I couldn't do this move back in 2017, instead you beat me down then and are coming at me again now.  😉😂    

• Like 3

Nate

Note: This thread is 876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!