IGNORED

Nicklaus on Feherty

turtleback
Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dave67az

How to spot a troll:  Nearly every comment is laced with highly-emotional, inflammatory comments designed invoke as much angered responses as possible.

I do feel sorry for you dude.  When you feel like your life is so complete that you're compelled to drag others down, you're truly lost.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

With so much hate, you wonder how he ever became a golfer.  Golf is supposed to be about respect and sportsmanship, and he seems to lack even a hint of that.  What I wonder is what any of us did to inspire such acrimony.

On behalf of the many of us here who are from SoCal, I'd like to disavow any similarity or commonality with SoCal Blade.     He's giving the 15 million of us who live here a bad name.

Originally Posted by Clambake

On behalf of the many of us here who are from SoCal, I'd like to disavow any similarity or commonality with SoCal Blade.     He's giving the 15 million of us who live here a bad name.

I don't think he'll be enjoying his company here if he keeps making comments like this:

"Golf is an elite sport, embrace your "inner elitist". Now is a good time to separate yourself from the herd and the great unwashed masses."

I can't get enough of Feherty.

I've already had too much of SoCal. He reminds me of other trolls on websites who join only to verbally spar with everyone, but they would never do it in person.

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

Well yes, I was kind of tongue in cheek humoring the issue, he has made me laugh as an on course commentator,  but in reality, if you like "fart jokes" (with greg norman, another whiner, ego extraordinaire) foul language, sexual innuendo and goofy prat falls, then yes, be my guest and let feherty be your social role model. I appreciate a good prank or joke as much as the next guy but there are rules that MEN live by. Here's just a few of them;

1. Never fart in public, unless its a joke on your bro's and youre willing to be the fool in the prank if someone outside the group hears it.

2. Clean up your language when women and children are present.

3. If you have any nasty, sexual thoughts, please let there be a filter between your brain and your mouth. We all have them, but real men keep their mouth's shut in mixed or unfamiliar company.

4. Ribald jokes are WONDERFUL ! and so is crass commentary or conversation..... BUT IN PRIVATE. Offending people will shrink your friend network...and if it doesnt, those people left in your network really arent  your friends.

5. Dont be the guy who goes one beer, one sip or one drink too many, then crosses the thin line between funny guy, to *******. We all know him, and if its you, admit it to yourself.

6. Play by the rules. Its just a game and as much as you would like it to be, your paycheck isnt riding on it. Relax

7. Its a 700 year old game, respect it, and you will respect yourself.

8. Never wear "plus 4"s"...Only Payne Stewart could ever pull that off, you only look ridiculous.

9.If you must drink beer, dont drink cheap beer. If you cant afford at least good beer, then golf is not your recreational sport.

10. Golf is an elite sport, embrace your "inner elitist". Now is a good time to separate yourself from the herd and the great unwashed masses.

You see, its okay to be successful, clean spoken, non-offensive,  friendly and a good golfer. Feherty is mocking those virtues because he has a chip on his shoulder, his jealousy of not being "good enough" is taking over his funny personality. I predict he'll be back on the booze soon,  as most drunks with a chip on their shoulder do NOT think they deserve success.... he will probably destroy himself...again.

Another thing, alcoholism is NOT a disease, its a choice, no matter what the psychologist try to tell us.

Oh, and one more thing...... Tiger Woods is the modern version of Jack Nicklaus who DOES practice. With all of his faults, Tiger is exciting.... Jack put us to sleep....

That is all

Bless me Father, for I have sinned.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Fourputt

With so much hate, you wonder how he ever became a golfer.  Golf is supposed to be about respect and sportsmanship, and he seems to lack even a hint of that.  What I wonder is what any of us did to inspire such acrimony.

Very good questions....I'm as puzzled as you.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Clambake

+1

I value Fourputt's contributions to this board.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol oh geez. I vote four putt for president :) so cal blade, you strike me as one of those people that calls the police when your recycling bag is stolen from your driveway.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Lol oh geez. I vote four putt for president :) so cal blade, you strike me as one of those people that calls the police when your recycling bag is stolen from your driveway.

Oh man, I like four putt.  Don't stick him with THAT job.  All people do is whine about how much golf you're playing and how you don't deserve a vacation while you're in office.

As for Feherty, I realize not everyone will appreciate his sense of humor, but that's why there's a remote control.

For those of us who do appreciate his unique style, it's a nice peek into the personal lives of current and former pros.

• Upvote 1

I finally watched the Nicklaus episode of Feherty.  I thought it was fantastic.  No earth-shattering investigative journalism, just Feherty being Feherty and Jack being Jack.  I enjoy Feherty's laid back conversational style of interviewing and how he just gets to know the subject instead of trying to trap him into some sort of revelation through probing questions.  Honestly, it's golf--he can't get too serious with it.

I personally love Feherty's on-course commentary as well, especially at small events.  His 1st-tee intros at Tavistock last year were on point and hilarious.

Feherty loves the military too--I've met him once when he visited Anbar province, Iraq with Tom Watson and Tom Lehman.  We had a very lighthearted and hilarious conversation about nothing in particular.  The guy is super friendly and one of those guys that I'd imagine everyone instantly likes.  I'd love to see him incorporate his support for the troops into one of his shows.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Feherty is capable of "fleshing out" his interview subjects and helping us to see a more complete picture of who they are as people.

I personally loved his interview with Celtic Legend Bill Russell....it spanned basketball, family, civil rights etc.

Perhaps Feherty's best interview to date.

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!