IGNORED

What is your swing speed and carry?

Gregormendel
Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i feel like a weinie but my ss is 88-92 carry the ball around 220(starting course elevation is 6220 feet)but hey im only 14

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

My swingspeed is in the low 90's and my drives average about 220 yards (gps verified).
I want to be a single digit handicap by the end of next year and my lack of distance isn't what I need to work on...it's chipping and putting.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

swingspeed is right around 103-105. carry is about 275. i turned 16 about 3 months ago and i only weigh 155 pounds

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

• Administrator
swingspeed is right around 103-105. carry is about 275. i turned 16 about 3 months ago and i only weigh 155 pounds

That's pretty much physically impossible.

Again, the maximum carry (i.e. ideal launch conditions) for swing speeds is about 2.4 yards to 2.5 yards multiplied by your swing speed. 105 gives you an absolute maximum carry of about 260 yards. I'm not pointing this out because I'm a peashooter and I'm jealous, but because people kidding themselves about distance is easily one of the dumbest and yet most correctible mistakes made by golfers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah man..crap i'm 105 - 110 and my carry isn't 275 on most days.. it's around 265. i'm guestimating b/c my avg drives are from 250 - 290 with an occ. 300 when i'm down wind, or i get lots of roll.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Phew, I was worried there for a minute. Mine is generally between 108-112 and if I get 260 carry, I'm thrilled. I don't get perfect launch conditions very often.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

107 mph and 268 according to the golf galaxy launch monitor. I thought it was further based on my calcs when playing . My goal is to get into mid teens with the same amount of control I have now when I swing. Going to workout extra hard with my core muscles and arms this winter.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

maybe my swingspeed is faster then. i have never really gotten it measured, i have just guessed. im not trying to brag but i hit the ball further compared to most kids my age i play against. i hit a ditch on the fly today that was 260 with a 3 wood. ur right my swingspeed has to be like at least 110ish. sorry for the misguidance

In my Hoofer Vantage

My swing speed average is about 100 and the max is about 107

I have a stiff flex, and it carries about 255.

I get like 5-10 yards of roll on average.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

maybe my swingspeed is faster then. i have never really gotten it measured, i have just guessed. im not trying to brag but i hit the ball further compared to most kids my age i play against. i hit a ditch on the fly today that was 260 with a 3 wood. ur right my swingspeed has to be like at least 110ish. sorry for the misguidance

There really isnt a way to "guess" at swing speed. Go get it measured.... you might be surprised.

Its probably 190

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

There really isnt a way to "guess" at swing speed. Go get it measured.... you might be surprised.

i guessed meaning that i asked some of my teammates what their swingspeeds with a driver were and then kind of compared mine to theirs. and no its not 190 i can't tell if you are joking or being really sarcastic. its honestly not that hard to hit a long drive in my opinion. you just have to be very precise with your ball striking (hit the ball in the sweet spot a lot) and your swing has to have good tempo in relation to your swing speed. i don't understand why people on here can't grasp the fact that i carry about 270 with my driver. i mean ya i swing hard and sometimes i almost come out of my shoes, but it is controlled meaning that i can hit a draw, straight, and fade when i want to at different trajectories using the same swing and i'm pretty consistent. i hit 13/14 fairways yesterday on a fairly tight course

In my Hoofer Vantage

Out of curiosity whats the highest swing speed you've acheived while mantaining a decent shot?

I believe mine was 119-121mph, measured at the local golf town. My carry was around 295. I have had longer shots on the course but I dont know what those speeds were.

based on what people have been saying on here, i would say my highest swingspeed was about 120. and also based on the responses, i would say my average is about 115. also question for anybody who would know, does the diameter of your grips effect distance at all? cuz when i first got my i10s about 6 months ago, i used the teal grip which is .25 or something smaller than standard. my hands have grown and i now realize i need a standard grip

In my Hoofer Vantage

just for comparison

tiger woods max is about 125mph
ernie els 122mph
tour average for year has been 113-115mph

swingspeeds and distances vary a great deal depending on what device you use to measure them. They all claim to be accurate to less than 1% but chs, bs and distance vary wildly from device to device.

someone mentioned 2.4 to 2.5 per mph - that is correct but remember that is with a near perfect strike - something golfers dont often achieve

If you are getting measured in a shop where you are likely to buy something be aware that numbers can be easily inflated to help you part with your money.

i reckon 2.4 times chs gives a realistic guide to what you are likely to achieve

Even at 125mph @2.5 = ~313 yards. Tiger has bombed some shots over 350yards on fairly straight ground what could be the reason for that.

Also I have trouble keeping my drive low. I have tried 8.5 angle drivers and my shot goes higher than people that have a 10.5. I get long carries with little roll, I sppose that is alright but it is very high and with any wind it really affects my shot. What could be the cause of this?

Funny how everyone is 100+ mph and 250+ yards on a message board...

Yeah..I see what you mean. They are being shy!! I'll tell the truth. My speed is 125-139 and on a calm day...I'll hit it 310-325...usually more!

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

I'm not really sure what my average is. I've measured my swing speed at various times and had it range between 87-105 at different places, and with different devices. When I hit my drives just right they go about 260 yards. When I hit them less well, they go 210. I hit more of them less well than perfect, as you might imagine, so on average I'd guesstimate that I'm out there about 220. Not great, but I'm not going to cry about it if it's in the fairway.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!