IGNORED

Who Is Your All-time Favorite Golfer?

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Freddie Freddie. Couples that is. What I would give to have that swing.

Hogan -- he's the first golfer I heard about from my relatives who golf, the first thing I did when I started was read Five Lessons, he's got a good mystique about him, and I bought myself a complete

It is shocking.  However, I've resigned myself to assuming they simply don't want to see through it.  They want to believe he is the antithesis to Tiger and every other athlete they hate, so there is

Posted Images

If we are going by world rankings then Tiger Woods is the obvious choice. But as far as my favorite golfer, he is not. He may be number one, and I do admire him greatly, probably my third or fourth favorite golfer. Jack is a spoiled rich boy who's daddy bought him the best equipment and hired the best coaches for him. He is a legend but he still cannot compare to the Greatest Golfer of All Time, LEE TREVINO!

Lee was born dirt poor, working as a caddie, welder, Marine, he did not have the opportunity to play until he was 19 years old. He learned how to play as an adult, and has won 6 Majors plus many more tournaments in the PGA as well as the Senior PGA. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty, he is funny, and he has die hard fans that cheer for him win or LOSE!!! Who else can say that (maybe Palmer)? Lee Trevino taught himself how to play golf. Lee Trevino has been struck by lightning and still played! Lee Trevino made so much money that his CADDIE was a top twenty money winner! He's played golf with three U.S. Presidents as well as the King of Morocco. The only thing Lee Trevino is afraid of is his WIFE!

Jack and Tiger might hit the ball better, swing better and win more, but there is no question that Lee Trevino is still a Greater Golfer, and a Greater Person. Skill can't make you great, Jack is one of the Best players, Tiger is probably THE BEST golfer ever! But they still aren't half as GREAT as LEE TREVINO!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by TomK82

Something about this guy that I really like.

I think his personality and his knack for performing well in the US Open and Ryder Cup make him fun to root for.  But since those are two events I root for Americans to win, tend to root against him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Tom Watson.

One of the greatest links players of all.

Plus he was just a really great Champion, lots of good qualities and NO bullshit.

I'm sure you watched him almost win the British years back but was beaten by Stewart Cink?  I've never wanted someone to win a golf tournament so bad in my life

I've always been a fan of Davis Love and Freddy Couples but I root for guys like Keegan Bradley and Jason Dufner these days

Byron Nelson -- the game's ultimate gentleman and the geneses of the modern swing.  Even the great Hogan studied Lord Byron's swing.

Payne Stewart. He was in his prime when I first started watching golf. He was a great player and seemed like the nicest guy in the world. I loved those NFL outfits he wore as well. I remember the day hearing about the plane crash. It was sad.

tough to say right now... Tom Lehman has a spot in my heart as a MN boy myself, Tiger is always fun to watch and Graeme McDowell is right on his heels in terms of modern golfers...

but i gotta say Fred Couples.  possibly because my earliest golf memory is watching him win the Masters when i was a kid, but i've always enjoyed watching Freddie.

My favorite golfer of all time?? Gonna have to go with John Daly. What a freakin character. Smoked, drank, swore...A true blue collar boy in a sport traditionally dominated by the more fortunate. What more could you ask for in pure athletic entertainment??

I like John Daly too.  I met him on Spring Break back in the early 90's.  Naturally he was two fisted and he signed my bar napkin.  I thought that was appropriate.

I used to really like David Duval. Sadly his back ruined his career.

Other than that I'd have to say Davis Love III, Jim Furyk, and the Hefty Left Phil Michelson.

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!