Jump to content
IGNORED

NFL Free Agency - 2013 Edition


Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

Chrebet was a very under appreciated receiver.  Impossible to cover and tough as nails.  Guys like him and Troy Brown set the standard for the possession slot receiver. Proehl was scary good too, but I thought more of a deep in threat with his speed and tremendous route running.  I will miss Welker, but the Pats always seem to find a way to adjust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Atlanta just got a huge boost in offense by signing Steven Jackson from St. Louis. Now you have Jackson and his mini-me, Jacquizz Rodgers, at running back. They had a decent running game now it's just gotten more dangerous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Atlanta just got a huge boost in offense by signing Steven Jackson from St. Louis. Now you have Jackson and his mini-me, Jacquizz Rodgers, at running back. They had a decent running game now it's just gotten more dangerous.

I'm pretty sure Steven Jackson has gas left in the tank, and that's a scary idea when you figure he won't face many 8-man fronts anymore. He's turning 30 in July. He has the opportunity though to have a Corey Dillon-2004-esque season (who was also 30 that year).

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Chrebet was a very under appreciated receiver.  Impossible to cover and tough as nails.  Guys like him and Troy Brown set the standard for the possession slot receiver.  Proehl was scary good too, but I thought more of a deep in threat with his speed and tremendous route running.  I will miss Welker, but the Pats always seem to find a way to adjust.

Yea, I think if Proehl played in today's era, he'd have more receptions and a shorter YPC average. Here's Proehl now. Glad to see he's doing well:

Yea, the Pats adjust. They always do.

Edit: Oh yea, I gotta add this one too:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://profootballmock.com/wes-welker-signs-with-broncos-as-part-of-diabolical-bill-belichick-plot-to-steal-denvers-signals/

I am just a bit upset that they spelled *belicheat* wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

http://profootballmock.com/wes-welker-signs-with-broncos-as-part-of-diabolical-bill-belichick-plot-to-steal-denvers-signals/

I am just a bit upset that they spelled *belicheat* wrong.

Lol. And you know what else is weird? Have you ever seen Wes Welker and Danny Amendola together in a room at the same time ? Something's not right here....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol. And you know what else is weird? Have you ever seen Wes Welker and Danny Amendola together in a room at the same time ? Something's not right here....

Looks like the Red Sox are going to have to find a new second baseman too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I'm pretty sure Steven Jackson has gas left in the tank, and that's a scary idea when you figure he won't face many 8-man fronts anymore. He's turning 30 in July. He has the opportunity though to have a Corey Dillon-2004-esque season (who was also 30 that year).

He has plenty left in his career. The two games against the 49ers the past season were frustrating to watch because of how Steven Jackson ran against the supposed "best run defense" in the league. I don't really buy into that crap about being the "best" of anything, but it was definitely frustrating to see him just plow through the defensive line and get even more yards after initial contact. Adding him to the Falcons makes their entire offense pretty dangerous.

Also, looks like there some kinda bromance going on with Tom Brady and Wes Welker.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Apparently the Pats tendered restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders $1.33 million, the third-round level. Steelers have five days to match now.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...
Originally Posted by jamo

Apparently the Pats tendered restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders $1.33 million, the third-round level. Steelers have five days to match now.

Yea, I have him too in our league. I guess I'm fine with him staying in Pitt... I think.

But I also have stupid Crabtree who decided to tear his achilles today. Good call!

Looks like I need Danny A to stay healthy for me to take down your team of young guns this year. Stupid Crabtree....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Tebow found a home in the NFL after all. It'd be interesting to see if they use Tebow at QB or as a back. I think it may be good for Tebow to learn from an elite QB in Tom Brady, specifically in throwing mechanics.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I think it may be good for Tebow to learn from an elite QB

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

I wonder if tommy boy and belicheat will also teach him how to be a sore loser.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know what to think about this, but one thing's for sure: I'll talk myself into Tebow by the end of the week. Guaranteed.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

I don't know what to think about this, but one thing's for sure: I'll talk myself into Tebow by the end of the week. Guaranteed.

I thought he's saving himself for marriage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought he's saving himself for marriage.

Tebow's girlfriends touch balls more often than his receivers. May God stroke me down if Brady gets injured this year. (Let's hope God's accuracy with the thunderbolts is similar to Tebow's with footballs.) I need to burn some of these off before the homer-ism sets in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Tebow's girlfriends touch balls more often than his receivers.

May God stroke me down if Brady gets injured this year. (Let's hope God's accuracy with the thunderbolts is similar to Tebow's with footballs.)

I need to burn some of these off before the homer-ism sets in.

Freudian slip? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the read. Playing your own game is important.  Many years ago, there was a woman at my home club who would play from the blue tees, hit her drives about 230, and would shoot in the high 70s/low 80s.  It was fun being paired with her because... well, playing with good players is always fun, but I also enjoyed watching men who couldn't handle being outdriven by her try to hit the ball further, mostly unsuccessfully.  I knew I couldn't compete with her for distance (and I don't think I was ever competing against her anyway), but that really helped.  As for the safe shot vs correct shot, I think the driver is the right club a lot more often than many think it is.  Fairways hit are overrated in most golfers' minds and distance from the tee is underrated as a contributor to scoring.  
    • No problem, thx for letting me know.
    • That is not correct. The maximum penalty per round for more than 14 clubs is 4 strokes. See rule 4.1b. 
    • No shoes? If it was a private course, he'd be kicked out, lol!    
    • Great topic! I have a similar issue, definitely mental. I had a golf teacher who said, "golf is a game of distractions", referring to golf course architecture. But also applies to my score on previous holes, etc.  For me, affirmations, and remembering past success are helpful. Also, specific positive goals for each shot, and sticking to my routine. 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. afair1
      afair1
      (18 years old)
    2. jesikalopez
      jesikalopez
      (26 years old)
    3. jpokracki
      jpokracki
      (60 years old)
    4. krupa
      krupa
      (46 years old)
    5. ppine
      ppine
      (71 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...