IGNORED

Photo - radial deviation - I can't do this, maybe a couple of degrees

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a righty and not in general, not very flexible. I cannot even manage the bottom left photo. Is the hand in the picture  normal? Every other photo I can do, woohoo!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm a righty and not in general, not very flexible. I cannot even manage the bottom left photo. Is the hand in the picture  normal? Every other photo I can do, woohoo!

Here's my radial deviation, pic above does seem like a lot.  My ulnar looks exactly like the pic.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

We should all do this, I'd be curious to see what the results are. You'll need a friend.

If you play righty, use your right hand. Vice versa if you play lefty.

1. Cut your fingernails. :D
  2. Phone a friend.
  3. Place your palm flat on a table with your forearm flat on the table as well.
  4. From directly above your wrist joint, and with all fingers closed (but not squeezed tightly together), take a picture of your wrist in neutral condition.
  5. Take two photos, one each showing radial and ulnar deviation. Do them quickly and naturally - don't try to do more than is comfortable.
  6. Post the photos.

I'll start.

I tried to get some measurements but I don't know where to measure. Clearly my wrist changes, but in the left image my fingers seem to move a little more (if that's possible) than the wrist.

And yes, I know about my pinkies . :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

EDIT: There we go! One image is better.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks for getting the photos going Erik. Being that I am OP, I am obligated to post mine:

Based on this little sample space, I'm inclined to think the hand model guy imho is more flexible than most.

I cannot come close to doing the Vulcan "live long and prosper" sign.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'll post mine later, but wouldn't we want to look at the left hand too?  At A4, doesn't the left hand radial deviation contribute to how much lag angle you can achieve?  Just doing it at my desk, I don't have much with either hand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by iacas

We should all do this, I'd be curious to see what the results are. You'll need a friend.

Don't like friends so I had to do this by myself. Sorry for the bad pics, best I could do.  What does radical deviation mean to the golf swing anyway, other than how far you can flip the club behind your back at the top? Went golfing with a guy once who was double jointed, and was asking me to help him get into a better position at the top because he had a lot of flexion in the right wrist.  I told him to show me how far he could bend his right wrist back and when he bent it well past 90, I just could only laugh out of discomfort and say good luck.  Did not know what to tell him other than try to have the left wrist flat.  So, what is the effect of too much vs too little wrist flexibility if there is such a thing?

Just for street cred as well, I thought I would attached a picture of the bone spur in my left hand.  Feels great as my index finder tendon pops back and forth over it.  Best part of my golf game!  Orthopedic Surgeon says I should just live with it...Jerk.  He is obviously not a bowler.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!