IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My daughter's putter. It's 29" and should last a few years. She grips a few inches down on it already.

325g head. 50g about 5" down in the shaft. Lines it up well unlike her existing putter.

Nice putter, it's the same head, hosel, and alignment lines as mine.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice putter, it's the same head, hosel, and alignment lines as mine.

Looks beautiful. One day I'll get myself one. One day. Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 3 weeks later...

Below is what I was told about the pricing.

"Putters range from $395 to $585.  The $585 version includes a weight kit that allows you to change the head weight depending on green speeds.  Although I personally use this feature just occasionally, it is worth it and does work."

@iacas , at what playing level would you really recommend the $585 version vs. the $395 verison?  Do you believe that it adds more value to the player?

From reading the thread I'm assuming that your putter is dialed in and you don't mess around with the weighting, am I correct?

Thanks.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• 3 months later...

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2014-04/rick-smith-short-putts

OR

You can get fitted for an Edel Putter and not have to worry about what teaching yourself how to aim a putter! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 1 month later...

I had an Edel putter fitting in San Antonio a few weeks ago. I have a 7.0 index and generally play pretty well.My putting is inconsistent at best and I routinely miss short putts, especially if there is any real pressure as in a tournament vs. just playing for a few bucks with my buddies. I probably give away at least 3 strokes a round that could legitimately be expected to be holed. Inside 4 feet. Makes me crazy. That's why I went down this road.

The fitter was Edel's director of business development and he claims to have done thousands of fittings. I spent about an hour with him and eventually got the specs ironed out. I've used the putter for about 10 rounds now. I wish I could report great success and that it revolutionized my putting. Alas, it has not.

My putting continues to be as inconsistent as ever. Some days I have a good feel and putt decently. Other days I have no clue and can't make a 3 footer to save my life, or a dollar. I can honestly say the $400 or so I spent for the putter was a complete waste of money. It feels nice and all but it works just like any other putter I've had - intermittently. I'd love to have the $400.00 back.

I don't blame Edel. My putting stroke can overcome any technology thrown at it. I am really curious to know if I were to go through the fitting process again would the specs be the same or close or very different. I seriously doubt they'd be the same. I blame that on my inconsistent stroke, not the putter or fitting.

Oh well, I gambled on this and lost. I'm sure it helps many people. I just wish I was one of them.

• Administrator
My putting continues to be as inconsistent as ever. Some days I have a good feel and putt decently. Other days I have no clue and can't make a 3 footer to save my life, or a dollar. I can honestly say the $400 or so I spent for the putter was a complete waste of money. It feels nice and all but it works just like any other putter I've had - intermittently. I'd love to have the $400.00 back.

I don't blame Edel. My putting stroke can overcome any technology thrown at it. I am really curious to know if I were to go through the fitting process again would the specs be the same or close or very different. I seriously doubt they'd be the same. I blame that on my inconsistent stroke, not the putter or fitting.

The purpose of an Edel putter fitting is two-fold:

1. To get a putter you can AIM very well.
  2. To get a putter you can control distance with very well.

Everything else regarding putting - your stroke (many pieces) and your read - are still up to you.

I doubt very much that your putter would be different. In fact, Edel will typically build you a new putter if your fitting changes. So, call that business director back up and tell him you are not sure and you'd like to be fit again.

You have to give them a chance to make you a happy, satisfied customer. Posting here won't do much.

Except that I'll pass this along to people at Edel…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had an Edel putter fitting in San Antonio a few weeks ago. I have a 7.0 index and generally play pretty well.My putting is inconsistent at best and I routinely miss short putts, especially if there is any real pressure as in a tournament vs. just playing for a few bucks with my buddies. I probably give away at least 3 strokes a round that could legitimately be expected to be holed. Inside 4 feet. Makes me crazy. That's why I went down this road.

The fitter was Edel's director of business development and he claims to have done thousands of fittings. I spent about an hour with him and eventually got the specs ironed out. I've used the putter for about 10 rounds now. I wish I could report great success and that it revolutionized my putting. Alas, it has not.

Oh well, I gambled on this and lost. I'm sure it helps many people. I just wish I was one of them.

It's a safe bet that your fitting would turn out very similarly.  Remember, that its mostly fitting you for aim, not for an inconsistent stroke.  Sounds to me like you knew going in that you had an issue with nerves, not so much with a putter you couldn't aim.

I doubt that my Edel has helped me much on 3 footers either, but on aim, and especially distance control on longer putts - thats where I've improved the most.  Also, I pretty much simultaneously changed my putting stroke per this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/74295/putting-do-not-accelerate-through-the-ball/0_30 and so I really can't say how much of my putting improvement is from the putter. :)

Thanks for your response. I get that the read and stroke can't be magically fixed with a new putter. A fitted one or not. I played yesterday with a scratch player. A very good putter. He watched me and stood behind me and I was not aiming correctly. My distance too is as it always has been. Some days pretty darn good. Some days lousy.

I didn't expect posting here to do anything. Just relating my experience. I don't mean to denigrate Edel or their product, or their process. I have no doubt it's good. Just that so far I see no benefit to me.

I'll work with it some more and then I'll take your advice and call them back and get fitted again maybe. I didn't realize that was an option.

:loco:  I haven't done the fitting because I have vertigo when I stand over putts... That's why I can't aim, and that's why I suck at putting!

Beach, my wife has vertigo and found out that she was taking some meds that had a side effect of drying her out. That's what caused the vertigo. Stopped taking those meds and it went away. I think her meds were for hi blood pressure and diverticulitis.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 3 months later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazoo59

The purpose of an Edel putter fitting is two-fold:

To get a putter you can AIM very well.

To get a putter you can control distance with very well.

Everything else regarding putting - your stroke (many pieces) and your read - are still up to you.

I doubt very much that your putter would be different. In fact, Edel will typically build you a new putter if your fitting changes. So, call that business director back up and tell him you are not sure and you'd like to be fit again.

You have to give them a chance to make you a happy, satisfied customer. Posting here won't do much.

Except that I'll pass this along to people at Edel…

So just before Christmas I was playing and ran into the manager of the Golf Galaxy store where I bought me Edel putter. I mentioned I was putting lousy, missing a lot of very short putts. He said to bring the putter in. He suggested he would get Edel to add weight in the handle and that could help. I brought the putter in and left it with him. Nothing to lose in my mind. He soon told me that he looked at it and the face of the club was set up very closed. He said it was clearly manufactured or assembled incorrectly and he spoke to Edel and asked them to correct it.

Edel got the putter and agreed that they somehow made an error in putting the thing together. They reassembled it and did put some weight in the handle. Since then my putting has improved a lot. No surprise I guess. I'm still not going to be the best putter at my club but it is much improved. It's disappointing that a $400.00 putter was assembled wrong and got sent to me but in the end the problem was corrected and so far so good.

So just before Christmas I was playing and ran into the manager of the Golf Galaxy store where I bought me Edel putter. I mentioned I was putting lousy, missing a lot of very short putts. He said to bring the putter in. He suggested he would get Edel to add weight in the handle and that could help. I brought the putter in and left it with him. Nothing to lose in my mind. He soon told me that he looked at it and the face of the club was set up very closed. He said it was clearly manufactured or assembled incorrectly and he spoke to Edel and asked them to correct it. Edel got the putter and agreed that they somehow made an error in putting the thing together. They reassembled it and did put some weight in the handle. Since then my putting has improved a lot. No surprise I guess. I'm still not going to be the best putter at my club but it is much improved. It's disappointing that a $400.00 putter was assembled wrong and got sent to me but in the end the problem was corrected and so far so good.

Does anyone have any insight as to how that could've happened?

Colin P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazoo59

So just before Christmas I was playing and ran into the manager of the Golf Galaxy store where I bought me Edel putter. I mentioned I was putting lousy, missing a lot of very short putts. He said to bring the putter in. He suggested he would get Edel to add weight in the handle and that could help. I brought the putter in and left it with him. Nothing to lose in my mind. He soon told me that he looked at it and the face of the club was set up very closed. He said it was clearly manufactured or assembled incorrectly and he spoke to Edel and asked them to correct it.

Edel got the putter and agreed that they somehow made an error in putting the thing together. They reassembled it and did put some weight in the handle. Since then my putting has improved a lot. No surprise I guess. I'm still not going to be the best putter at my club but it is much improved. It's disappointing that a $400.00 putter was assembled wrong and got sent to me but in the end the problem was corrected and so far so good.

Does anyone have any insight as to how that could've happened?

I assume just human error. As long as humans are involved in any process a  mistake can be made once in a while. Sometimes stuff happens. As long as they stand behind their product and take care of a very rare mistake I can understand that. They absolutely did take care of it in a professional manner.

• Administrator

Might get fitted for an Edel putter this weekend.

Read that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Might get fitted for an Edel putter this weekend. :-)

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/65459/my-edel-putter-fitting/210#post_1106036"] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/76214/being-fit-for-an-edel-putter layout=block] [/CONTENTEMBED] Read that. [/quote] Yes, please let me/us know how in-depth the dude is, since I'd prolly be going to him if it works out.

Colin P.

Read that.

Ohh, forgot about that thread.  I was going to search in this thread for what to expect from the fitting because I remember you writing an article about the fitting so thanks for the link.

Yes, please let me/us know how in-depth the dude is, since I'd prolly be going to him if it works out.

No doubt.  I'm hoping I don't have a situation like @mchepp did because it'd be an awkward situation if I do.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Ohh, forgot about that thread.  I was going to search in this thread for what to expect from the fitting because I remember you writing an article about the fitting so thanks for the link. No doubt.  I'm hoping I don't have a situation like @mchepp did because it'd be an awkward situation if I do.

No doubt. You should email him the text of that thread Erik wrote ahead of time.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!