IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way.

Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.  So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all.

After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits.

I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

AWESOME! Colour me jealous.

For the stamping you should have went with "Ernest is my Daddy" :-P

I know what you mean about the wake-up call from the laser, I was sure I could aim well with my putter but, Holy Batshit Batman, I was WAY off. Apparently I'm an expert at pushing putts with an extremely closed face...

The only good news is my current putter has a 350g head which is almost perfect for my distance control, I just need to add around 40g of weight to the grip end. Currently I have 8 nickels taped to the end and am searching for a local distributer of Tour Lock back weights to replace the nickels. No cash for a new putter but I can get away with it because I use an alignment line on my ball pretty religiously and have been for a couple of seasons now.

I'll be coveting a professionally fit Edel now. One day, one day...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

AWESOME! Colour me jealous.

For the stamping you should have went with "Ernest is my Daddy"

I know what you mean about the wake-up call from the laser, I was sure I could aim well with my putter but, Holy Batshit Batman, I was WAY off. Apparently I'm an expert at pushing putts with an extremely closed face...

The only good news is my current putter has a 350g head which is almost perfect for my distance control, I just need to add around 40g of weight to the grip end. Currently I have 8 nickels taped to the end and am searching for a local distributer of Tour Lock back weights to replace the nickels. No cash for a new putter but I can get away with it because I use an alignment line on my ball pretty religiously and have been for a couple of seasons now.

I'll be coveting a professionally fit Edel now. One day, one day...

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_TL0001

Online :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way.

Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.  So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all.

After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits.

I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

Congrats on the new putter. :beer:

Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
Overall how long did the fitting take?   I want to get fit for an Edel putter and learn Aimpoint but there's no one I can find near Long Island that does both.   Do you know if all the head options are available for LH?

We have the lefty heads. All are available yes. Come see us sometime. :) Also, it's pretty irrelevant how high the laser points @Golfingdad . It changes when you hit the ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_TL0001

Yeah, found plenty of online sources and may go that way if there's no other choice, I just hate paying $13 shipping on a $9 component. :yucky:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Congrats on the new putter.

Go get fit with Erik in Erie. Combine it with some full swing lessons and Aimpoint and I'm sure you'll come out WAY ahead. Best money I've ever spent in golf.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Well, I finally did it.  The wife was very supportive and we decided it was my Father's Day present.  The guys (Sheri and Jack) in San Diego are no longer Edel fitters, so I ended up going to Brent Mann, in Beverly Hills.  He has a small studio in the basement of a doctor's office building right near Wilshire/Santa Monica/Rodeo Drive, and it was kind of hard to find.  I think they might have some celebrity clients down there (there was also a gym down there) that prefer to be out of the way. Anyways, the process was pretty similar to Tristan's so I'll go a little quicker.  We started with my current putter aiming at the laser from about 8', and surprisingly, I was consistently about 4" right of the hole and even more surprisingly, about 16" up off the ground.:bugout:   So after several iterations, we ended up in blade head with the concave back (4th from left in Tristan's top pic), with an "L" shaped hosel with some offset.  I still wasn't quite right ... until he switched out to a shorter shaft.  34 1/2" I think ... about 1" shorter than my current putter.  We then tinkered with some different aiming lines, and I ended up the most consistent with no lines at all. After this we went over and started messing with weights in the club to dial in some distance control.  Lastly, I tested out the difference between the solid face and the face with the pixel insert.  I loved the feel of the insert (a little softer) and liked the idea that it was providing me a little "forgiveness" on off-center hits. I'm not terribly creative, so when it came time for the stamping/personalization stuff I didn't have a lot of ideas.  Went with red and blue paint fill, and "DREW" on the hosel. All in all, I was pretty pleased with the process and cannot wait until my putter arrives!!  (He guessed 3 or 4 weeks)

Outstanding! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congrats on the new putter.

In the door to out the door, about an hour on the button.

Go get fit with Erik in Erie. Combine it with some full swing lessons and Aimpoint and I'm sure you'll come out WAY ahead. Best money I've ever spent in golf.

Ditto. And congrats @Golfingdad !

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

I just sent my putter in to be refinished (it has accumulated a few dings here and there - really nothing big, but one was along the top line and so it could be distracting if the sun caught it). I'm also getting a non-variable-weight version of it made.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In the door to out the door, about an hour on the button.

Congrats! I'm curious, what loft did you end up at? I ended up at 2* (which means I'd been playing too much loft in the past). My putts are rolling so much better now. I believe the lower loft was critical for that.

Congrats! I'm curious, what loft did you end up at? I ended up at 2* (which means I'd been playing too much loft in the past). My putts are rolling so much better now. I believe the lower loft was critical for that.

I actually don't know. :/ I think it's either 3 or 4, but I don't really know ... Just the one that worked best. :)

I actually don't know. :/ I think it's either 3 or 4, but I don't really know ... Just the one that worked best. :)

The best type of fitting, "Oh I don't know how but, IT WORKS THOUGH!!!" :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Master of the Stupid Monkey!

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Master of the Stupid Monkey! :-P

Emphasis on "stupid." ;) P.S. It's 8:15 am on the (sun)day immediately after my fitting. For some reason there is not a package on my doorstep. WTF??????

• Administrator

P.S. It's 8:15 am on the (sun)day immediately after my fitting. For some reason there is not a package on my doorstep. WTF??????

They tell us to say 3-4 weeks. Usually it's closer to 2 than 4.

Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!