IGNORED

My Edel Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got mine ordered today, can't wait for it to be delivered. :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Just got mine ordered today, can't wait for it to be delivered.

It had better not arrive before mine.

:-O

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
You got a new one??

Yeah. My alignment changed and I could no longer line up inside the cup or control my distances at all.

Not. :-D

I sent mine in to have a little ding Dave put on the top-line buffed out, and to have an exact duplicate made in a non-variable-weight model. So, almost exactly the opposite of the above - mine remains so great I just had ANOTHER one exactly the same built.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah. My alignment changed and I could no longer line up inside the cup or control my distances at all.

Not.

I sent mine in to have a little ding Dave put on the top-line buffed out, and to have an exact duplicate made in a non-variable-weight model. So, almost exactly the opposite of the above - mine remains so great I just had ANOTHER one exactly the same built.

OK good.  I was discussing putter fittings with @Beachcomber this morning.  He has the same reservations towards putter fitting that my practically legally blind wife does toward laser eye surgery.  She's afraid that after she gets it done her eyes will continue to deteriorate, thus making the expensive surgery useless.

Beach says that since he tinkers with his putting setup that two weeks after he gets it, it won't work anymore because he'll have adjusted something.

Obviously, my first response is to stop screwing around with your putting setup and stroke, but my next response was that I don't think it works that way.  Regardless of how you putt, the thing is fitted to your eye, so a putter you can aim with a traditional grip is a putter you can aim with a cross handed grip, or any other style.  Or is he correct about that one?

• Administrator
Obviously, my first response is to stop screwing around with your putting setup and stroke, but my next response was that I don't think it works that way.  Regardless of how you putt, the thing is fitted to your eye, so a putter you can aim with a traditional grip is a putter you can aim with a cross handed grip, or any other style.  Or is he correct about that one?

Unless you get into a REALLY weird setup - and by that I mean you set the putter at an incredibly weird angle (toe way up, heel way up), forward press the crap out of it and keep it that way during your stroke, or set your eyes WAY OUTSIDE or WAY INSIDE the golf ball, the putter still fits you.

With anything resembling a normal stance, we've not seen anyone make a setup adjustment and suddenly not aim their putter just as well as before.

Beach just wants to keep spending $200 on various putters several times a year or so. It's okay. Just gamble with him and take his money. He'll learn. I think… :D

Not.

I sent mine in to have a little ding Dave put on the top-line buffed out, and to have an exact duplicate made in a non-variable-weight model. So, almost exactly the opposite of the above - mine remains so great I just had ANOTHER one exactly the same built.

ah, a back up. It would suck not to have the putter when you send it back to get refurbished.

Not sure, Dave said 2-3 weeks, So I am thinking around the 24th-25th of this month.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

OK good.  I was discussing putter fittings with @Beachcomber this morning.  He has the same reservations towards putter fitting that my practically legally blind wife does toward laser eye surgery.  She's afraid that after she gets it done her eyes will continue to deteriorate, thus making the expensive surgery useless.

Beach says that since he tinkers with his putting setup that two weeks after he gets it, it won't work anymore because he'll have adjusted something.

:loco: I haven't done the fitting because I have vertigo when I stand over putts... That's why I can't aim, and that's why I suck at putting!

Honestly, I agree that if you have settled on one setup/ball placement, and don't tool around with it... Then you should be fine with an Edel fitting.  Unfortunately for me... I had/have screwed around with my putting stance, ball placement, stroke type, putter length, weight, etc. etc... In the last three years, that if I would've been fitted by Edel, I'm afraid the fitting would've been nullified by all the changes that I made?  That is why I was afraid to do a fitting, and then the fitting be voided after a handful of mods I made to one of the previous items... Basically creating more variables from the initial fitting.

As I mentioned to @Golfingdad my stance really changed as I wanted to be more connected, keeping my elbows on my torso, so that I was using less arms, and more torso/shoulder turn to complete the stroke.  I wanted my stroke to mimic what Josh Zander is teaching (see the following video)... In order to match/memic Zander's stroke, I had to cut my putter down from 34" down to 30", and really modify the way I addressed/stood over the ball.  Before, I was more of an upright putter (putter was 34") - and used my arms - and my elbows weren't connected to my torso.  All of these changes in my setup/stroke, modified my vantage point when looking down the line.

Now that I have solidified my setup/stroke... Maybe now would be a better time to get the Edel fitting?  I still am not crazy about the lack of customization options they offer though.  From what I have seen, they look dull and aren't as sexy as a fresh looking Scotty.  Just my .02.

I still am not crazy about the lack of customization options they offer though.  From what I have seen, they look dull and aren't as sexy as a fresh looking Scotty.  Just my .02.

That is just silly to me.  Would you rather date somebody who looks like Scarlett Johannsen but doesn't put out, or somebody who looks fairly plain (but still has a great body) and has the EXACT same sex drive as you and the EXACT same kinks as you?? :-P

If the ball is falling in the hole, the putter looks sexy to me!!

• Upvote 1

That is just silly to me.  Would you rather date somebody who looks like Scarlett Johannsen but doesn't put out, or somebody who looks fairly plain (but still has a great body) and has the EXACT same sex drive as you and the EXACT same kinks as you?? :-P If the ball is falling in the hole, the putter looks sexy to me!!

Brilliant :beer: Honestly they look better than a lot of the putters out there, way better than those black and white monstrosities.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Brilliant

Honestly they look better than a lot of the putters out there, way better than those black and white monstrosities.

Yeah, I agree.  If I was choosing a putter SOLELY on looks, I'd probably lean towards something a little shinier and a little less grey, perhaps a Scotty or one of those Kenny G putters they advertise on TGC now.

But I want one that puts the ball in the hole ... even if its a Bullseye. ;)

BTW ... not to get your hopes up, but they told me 3-4 weeks also and it took 10 days ... just sayin' :beer:

• Administrator

BTW ... not to get your hopes up, but they told me 3-4 weeks also and it took 10 days ... just sayin'

We're supposed to tell everyone 3-4 weeks, yeah.

I told them to take as long as they want with Matt's putter. He won't need it until about June. :)

I told them to take as long as they want with Matt's putter. He won't need it until about June. :)

lol!!!

NOT FUNNY!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Now that's just wrong..... !

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

We're supposed to tell everyone 3-4 weeks, yeah. I told them to take as long as they want with Matt's putter. He won't need it until about June. :)

I need it now, but they dont do overnight! [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/65459/my-edel-putter-fitting/180#post_974530"] NOT FUNNY! [/quote] I agree, which probably makes it funny.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
I need it now, but they dont do overnight!

Mine, so yours is likely not far behind.

Scheduled Delivery:

Thursday, 04/17/2014

Approximate Delivery Time:

By End of Day

Last Location:

Austin, TX, United States, Monday, 04/14/2014

Leave At:

Front Door

Mine, so yours is likely not far behind.

Mine was being hand stamped today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 2423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!