IGNORED

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Erik has changed my avatar like 3 times. I've never changed it since I made it blue-shirt Jim Halpert in 2009. :-P

Now I'm feeling left out ......... same old avatar boo hoo

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Yes, but everybody who's anybody is there. :beer:

I know it'll be tough, but you'll have to somehow get by without me tomorrow. I have a 9:42 tee time here! http://www.worldgolf.com/photo-galleries/disney-world-palm-golf-course-6510.htm :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yes, but everybody who's anybody is there.

I know it'll be tough, but you'll have to somehow get by without me tomorrow.

I have a 9:42 tee time here!

http://www.worldgolf.com/photo-galleries/disney-world-palm-golf-course-6510.htm

jerkass

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

jerkass

I get that a lot. Usually from my wife! Would it make you feel better if I told you that it's gonna be almost 90 tomorrow and we're gonna have to drink a lot of ice cold beverages to keep hydrated? :-P

In David's bag....

Yes, but everybody who's anybody is there.

Confirmed.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

jerkass

I get that a lot. Usually from my wife!

Would it make you feel better if I told you that it's gonna be almost 90 tomorrow and we're gonna have to drink a lot of ice cold beverages to keep hydrated?

I think it is time to start that "kick in the nutsack" telegram business.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I know it'll be tough, but you'll have to somehow get by without me tomorrow. I have a 9:42 tee time here! http://www.worldgolf.com/photo-galleries/disney-world-palm-golf-course-6510.htm :-D

I played Palm and Magnolia a few years ago. Great courses!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[QUOTE]Nicklaus said he's never had a sit-down with the man who is trying to break his records. In fact, he said they hardly talk at all.[/QUOTE] http://www.majorschampionships.com/masters/news/2013/04/11/nicklaus--never-had-a-sit-down-with-woods.html

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Great first day with good scores on a perfect day. Mickelson impressed me the way he played the back 9, its so important to know this course and Phil knows it better than anybody. Decent start for the Europeans but, I'm hoping Rose, Donald and Westwood make a big move today.

I prefer the Green Jacket not be won by "one hit wonders" - and that it be worn by players who have or will go on to be greats in the game, if that makes any sense?  Maybe "greats" is too strong - Sergio, Kuchar aren't in category as one-hit wonders.  I hate seeing the winner someone who doesn't do to much else in their career. Can you imagine if Len Mattiace won? He's still be playing in the Masters, yet can't even get back on the tour.

I think it is time to start that "kick in the nutsack" telegram business.

I like a man with a genuine entrepreneurial spirit! I'd prefer the market research happen elsewhere though......:~(

In David's bag....

I recall discussion about child prodigy Ty Tryon being too young when he played PGA events and turned pro as a teenager.  Used to hear a lot about tennis players playing at the pro level at an early age as well - some w/ negative effects (Capriati).

Haven't heard anything about a 14 yr old Guan playing a major?

Double standard?

How was golf??

Ended up only hitting the range and then working on short game instead.  I have a tendency to over-work myself sometimes and I can feel my body getting exhausted between the morning workouts and the evening range sessions.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Featured groupings today on Masters.com live coverage:

Cabrerra, Garcia, Scott

Couples Grace Johnson

Nice, so we can see Garcia's meltdown on #12 live!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Friday's Featured Group No. 1 Lineup: 9:39 a.m.: Angel Cabrera, Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott 12:13 p.m.*: Mike Weir, Lee Westwood, Jim Furyk 1:41 p.m.*: Tiger Woods, Luke Donald, Scott Piercy Friday's Featured Group No. 2 Lineup: 9:50 a.m.: Fred Couples, Dustin Johnson, Branden Grace 12:24 p.m.*: Brandt Snedeker, Ryo Ishikawa, Justin Rose 1:52 p.m.*: Jason Day, Rickie Fowler, Padraig Harrington * Scheduled to follow the previous group’s completion of play. The Tiger, Luke, Piercy group will be halfways by the time the stream catch them. Which will be around the same time the main broadcast start.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think you are confusing those who played under sponsor exemption (e.g., Ty Tryon) with the 14 year old.  He actually qualified to play in the  Masters by virtue of winning the Asian amateur title.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

I recall discussion about child prodigy Ty Tryon being too young when he played PGA events and turned pro as a teenager.  Used to hear a lot about tennis players playing at the pro level at an early age as well - some w/ negative effects (Capriati).

Haven't heard anything about a 14 yr old Guan playing a major?

Double standard?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 4012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!