IGNORED

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My pick Rory imploded today.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by atb5079

Because he just walked everyone through the entire process of this debacle. That way everyone is on the same page. We can all have different opinions on the topic, but too many people on here were ignorant towards the entire story.

Does that include people who couldn't maintain a civil conversation and told others they were ****ing blind?  And people who claimed that something was in the official press release that wasn't?  Just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.

• Administrator
Because he just walked everyone through the entire process of this debacle. That way everyone is on the same page. We can all have different opinions on the topic, but too many people on here were ignorant towards the entire story.

So the same thing as the first 15 minutes of the coverage today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Back to the discussion of actual golf, tomorrow should be an exciting day.  Lots of good storylines, and lots of guys in contention going into Sunday.  I think Snedeker has to be the favorite.  I liked him to win it but didn't take him because he had struggled since coming off that rib injury.  But he can putt and that's what it's going to take to win tomorrow.

I think anyone -3 or better has a shot (-2 if they can get hot early).  Wouldn't be surprised to see Kuchar in the mix at the end of the day.  There are a lot of unproven commodities at the top of the leaderboard (Cabrera excluded) and I'm looking forward to what happens tomorrow.

Originally Posted by eich41

Does that include people who couldn't maintain a civil conversation and told others they were ****ing blind?  And people who claimed that something was in the official press release that wasn't?  Just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.

It includes people like you who refuse to read and investigate, but rather just whine and bash TW because he's an *******.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by iacas

So the same thing as the first 15 minutes of the coverage today.

Most likely, that was at least the first time I saw Ridley speak today. I didnt get to watch after 12 today; out doing stuff.

It includes people like you who refuse to read and investigate, but rather just whine and bash TW because he's an *******.

Another classy post.

Keep it up buddy, you're on a roll!

Originally Posted by 3putter

As the officials saw it during life play, it was the correct spot. But you have your blinders on, so enjoy yourself.

If it was the correct spot, then why the 2 stroke penalty?

I'd rather have blinders on than kneepads; i.e. TW infatuation.

Another classy post.

Keep it up buddy, you're on a roll!

lol

Originally Posted by Pablo68

It wasnt the correct spot. And the 2 stroke penalty was indeed justified. The fact that the committee reviewed it and advised TW BEFORE he signed his card is the reason he wasnt DQ. They reviewed it late last night and gave TW a chance to explain himself. They then notified him it was not the correct spot and a 2 stroke penalty was the call.

Read his sentence again. "As the officials saw it during play..." The officials made a mistake and it was only upon later review after Tiger's interview that it was deemed that a two shot penalty was appropriate.

Originally Posted by David in FL

I need Sneds to get to -11!

Or maybe just be the first one to pick Sneds with your first pick.  I haven't looked at the predictions to see if anyone else picked him first.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It wasnt the correct spot. And the 2 stroke penalty was indeed justified. The fact that the committee reviewed it and advised TW BEFORE he signed his card is the reason he wasnt DQ. They reviewed it late last night and gave TW a chance to explain himself. They then notified him it was not the correct spot and a 2 stroke penalty was the call.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but again, the press conference I saw earlier today with Fred Ridley, he stated that they did not say anything to Tiger prior to him signing his card.  They received a call from a viewer, and investigated the incident while Tiger was still on the course on 18 (as stated in the press release) and found nothing wrong (which of course was incorrect).  Then it never came up again until his post round interview, which was after he signed his card.

If you go back to our original exchange on page 41 that's what I was asking you.  And you'll see that my post says that if it had came up and he was incorrectly informed that it was okay, then the two stroke penalty would be the right call.  If it never came up, then he should be DQ'd because the onus is on the player to make sure that his score is accurate.  That's why I asked you where you had heard that he was informed of it before his signing.

That's the key point to this whole thing, is whether Tiger was incorrectly informed or not.  If he never even asked, and it never came up with Tiger, than by rule he should have been DQ'd.  What Ridley was saying is that they missed it and it's not Tiger's fault.  What I'm saying is that Tiger never made a proper effort to ensure it was correct as he should have.  It was an honest mistake, but guys are DQ'd all the time for the same thing.  Three guys have been DQ'd already this year for the same thing, why didn't they get the pass?

EDIT: I also heard one of the commentators mention that if the viewer had called in an hour later, Tiger would have been DQ'd as he only avoided the DQ because the rules committee screwed the pooch when they had a chance to get it right before he signed and failed to even discuss it with him.  So in a way, the viewer calling when they did ended up saving him.

But regardless of all of this; I hope TW doesnt win. I dont want disgust and speculation to cloud a victory by him. I hope Day or Scott win.

I assume you have trouble reading with those blinders on. It really isn't that hard to comprehend a sentence, so take the time to understand a statement before you resort to degenerate level responses. Objectivity isn't infatuation.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but again, the press conference I saw earlier today with Fred Ridley, he stated that they did not say anything to Tiger prior to him signing his card.  They received a call from a viewer, and investigated the incident while Tiger was still on the course on 18 (as stated in the press release) and found nothing wrong (which of course was incorrect).  Then it never came up again until his post round interview, which was after he signed his card.

If you go back to our original exchange on page 41 that's what I was asking you.  And you'll see that my post says that if it had came up and he was incorrectly informed that it was okay, then the two stroke penalty would be the right call.  If it never came up, then he should be DQ'd because the onus is on the player to make sure that his score is accurate.  That's why I asked you where you had heard that he was informed of it before his signing.

That's the key point to this whole thing, is whether Tiger was incorrectly informed or not.  If he never even asked, and it never came up with Tiger, than by rule he should have been DQ'd.  What Ridley was saying is that they missed it and it's not Tiger's fault.  What I'm saying is that Tiger never made a proper effort to ensure it was correct as he should have.  It was an honest mistake, but guys are DQ'd all the time for the same thing.  Three guys have been DQ'd already this year for the same thing, why didn't they get the pass?

EDIT: I also heard one of the commentators mention that if the viewer had called in an hour later, Tiger would have been DQ'd as he only avoided the DQ because the rules committee screwed the pooch when they had a chance to get it right before he signed and failed to even discuss it with him.  So in a way, the viewer calling when they did ended up saving him.

I just went back and watched it. You sir are correct. They did NOT notify him prior to his signing of card.

"Having determined that we did not feel there was a rules violation, we did not talk to Tiger, so he completed his round, signed his scorecard, and the first day was over," Ridley said Saturday in a press conference.

With that said, IMO, it doesnt change what was done and the decision they made. If they didnt think of it, then why would TW be punished. Nobilo said it best over any commentator today.

I just went back and watched it. You sir are correct. They did NOT notify him prior to his signing of card.

"Having determined that we did not feel there was a rules violation, we did not talk to Tiger, so he completed his round, signed his scorecard, and the first day was over," Ridley said Saturday in a press conference.

With that said, IMO, it doesnt change what was done and the decision they made. If they didnt think of it, then why would TW be punished. Nobilo said it best over any commentator today.

Fair enough, but you can see why despite what the committee ruled, there are going to be differing opinions on this.  It would have been much different if Tiger had been incorrectly informed by an official that there was no infraction.

Fair enough, but you can see why despite what the committee ruled, there are going to be differing opinions on this.  It would have been much different if Tiger had been incorrectly informed by an official that there was no infraction.

Completely agree. I want to see either Scott, Snedeker, Cabrera or finally Day win tomorrow. I think my chances are good, lol.

Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!