IGNORED

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nevets88

Here's Guan Tianlang (关天朗). Anyone know if this is his current swing? Just before impact, it looks like a little bit of breakdown in the lead arm and wrist. I can see why his max drive is 250ish.

yeah, looks to be under plane and inside with the clubhead on the BS, and then an OTT move with a flip on the DS.  some upper center movement off the ball on the BS as well.  key for him would be consistency.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

What are the odds that Phil will do something stupid?

100%?  Not that it will prevent him from contending, necessarily.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

I was kind of surprised to see it - not really a thing of beauty imo....

I heard Nobilo or somebody else say that his short game is great and makes up for his lack of distance.  I guess we'll find out.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

McIlRoy with Keegan Bradley

Rose with Schnedeker

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Spyder

There's someone up here in Ohio who just spent $19,500 last week to make sure he and his wife would be able to go. I think these people are absolutely insane, personally. Whatever floats your boat though.

Personally, I'd take $19,500 as one hell of a down payment on a new 2013 Dodge Viper SRT - but hey, you go ahead and get Ricky Fowler to sign a Puma hat bro! I am a die-hard golf fan who is obsessed with golf in general and I love the game, but I do not $19,500 love it.

The bold is the key here.  I agree that it's insane to spend 20k to watch golf.  However, I personally would consider it even more insane to spend 100k on a car.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

The bold is the key here.  I agree that it's insane to spend 20k to watch golf.  However, I personally would consider it even more insane to spend 100k on a car.

I would never tell someone that they're crazy because it's not my business to "bestow my opinion" on them. I would just be thinking it in my head. As you stated though, we all have our own tastes and our personal finances can justify them.

Maybe the individual who spent roughly $20,000 to go to Augusta makes that in a month, or even a week. I just think the ticket prices are astronomical for the event - which is also partially based on jealousy because I would love to go. I just know if I forked over the asking price for a badge or two, my wife would have my stuff packed for me before I got home lol.

My TV provider is so goddamn stupid. They just got golf in HD this spring, but haven't been able to make the audio tracks work. Which means I have to choose between SD and English commentary or HD and Norwegian commentary. As the Norwegian commentary is not very good, I'm stuck with SD for god knows how long. :mad:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

How cool is this?  Nicklaus Sutton, son of instructor Jason Sutton, got to hit a shot on the 16th hole.  From Jason's post on FB

Quote:
What a day that Nicklaus Sutton and I had yesterday together at the Masters. Has to be the greatest place on this earth. I love that I can share it with my son and I couldn't have been prouder of the way he handled himself in front of thousands of screaming fans as he was asked by Peter Hanson to hit a shot on #16. I think I would have had trouble getting it airborne but he stepped up with a club that was too stiff and too long and hit a great shot into the pond as the crowd went wild. So many fans stopped to congratulate Nick on the way out which was pretty cool. A memory that will last a lifetime. Here is the video that a guy shot as Dad was too shook up to get the camera ready quick enough

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ha, that's cool.  Not Jack Hoffman cool, but pretty cool nonetheless

Originally Posted by mvmac

How cool is this?  Nicklaus Sutton, son of instructor Jason Sutton, got to hit a shot on the 16th hole.  From Jason's post on FB

Oh that's really cool.

I'm pretty sure I would top that ball right into the pond 3 meters past the tee box with all those people around me. (Either that or knock it stiff of course)

Originally Posted by Zeph

My TV provider is so goddamn stupid. They just got golf in HD this spring, but haven't been able to make the audio tracks work. Which means I have to choose between SD and English commentary or HD and Norwegian commentary. As the Norwegian commentary is not very good, I'm stuck with SD for god knows how long.

Perhaps you can watch in HD and use your computer to listen to a video stream from something like firstrowsports?

Originally Posted by The Hawk

Tiger on playing with Guan Tianlang: "He asked me a lot about my swing and my game... I asked him what classes he was taking."

I may be critical of his swing but props to him for gracefully handling a big event at such a young age.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff

Can anyone post the video of Par 3 contest when Vijay Singh skipped his ball across the pond and up on the green for a hole-in-one??

He did it on the 16th in 2009. Is that what you're talking about?

Any predictions for the 14-year old?  I figure he has about 15% chance of making the cut, and I think he may do it.

Note: This thread is 4007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!