IGNORED

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The DQ issue was about Tiger signing for a wrong score i suppose.

Because off his 2 shot penalty that where not on the card

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Gary Player said on his page the rules officials made the ruling and whoever don't like it too bad they got to live by it when it is Tiger Woods or anybody else.

Originally Posted by tomvk77

The DQ issue was about Tiger signing for a wrong score i suppose.

Because off his 2 shot penalty that where not on the card

Really??

Who knew!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just heard 2 stats yesterday from nick Faldo and Jim nantz regarding guan ... He had zero 3-putts all last week. He never made worse than a bogey on any hole all week. Those are both really impressive!

Indeed they are. I just read that prior to the Masters Guan had spent 3 months practicing chipping and putting on a green in China specially built to replicate conditions in Augusta. Don't know if it's true but it would explain a lot and it would suggest that similar results at other pro events are unlikely. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Just heard 2 stats yesterday from nick Faldo and Jim nantz regarding guan ...

He had zero 3-putts all last week.

He never made worse than a bogey on any hole all week.

Those are both really impressive!

More than impressive.  It's absolutely amazing....

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

More than impressive.  It's absolutely amazing....

I'm curious how many others in the tournament can make the same claim?  When they said it the other day, they didn't follow it up with "and he was the only one" but it seems like maybe they should have.  Heck, either of those 2 stats alone is a really impressive feat.

Originally Posted by Chas

Indeed they are.

I just read that prior to the Masters Guan had spent 3 months practicing chipping and putting on a green in China specially built to replicate conditions in Augusta. Don't know if it's true but it would explain a lot and it would suggest that similar results at other pro events are unlikely. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

Given how the Chinese obsessively groom their athletes I wouldn't be surprised if they built a damn replica of ANGC.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Given how the Chinese obsessively groom their athletes I wouldn't be surprised if they built a damn replica of ANGC.

LOL.  From what it sounds like, golf isn't that big over there ... yet.  However, given his success at the Masters, and factor in that golf is becoming an Olympic sport - and we know the afinity that the Chinese have for all things Olympic - I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were on the cusp of a golf boom.

If that happens, before long they probably will build themselves an Augusta replica.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Just heard 2 stats yesterday from nick Faldo and Jim nantz regarding guan ...

He had zero 3-putts all last week.

He never made worse than a bogey on any hole all week.

Those are both really impressive!

Yep super impressive.

Westwood had zero three putts at Augusta - he said it in an interview after the round and I thought Westwood? That has to be a lie, but apparently not. However, Westwood probably had no 1 putts either . I think he started with a double though.

Just heard 2 stats yesterday from nick Faldo and Jim nantz regarding guan ... He had zero 3-putts all last week. He never made worse than a bogey on any hole all week. Those are both really impressive!

I mentioned that at some point during the chat on Sunday. It might not have been on the CBS broadcast, but they said it on one of the streams.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Yep super impressive.

Westwood had zero three putts at Augusta - he said it in an interview after the round and I thought Westwood? That has to be a lie, but apparently not. However, Westwood probably had no 1 putts either . I think he started with a double though.

Originally Posted by jamo

I mentioned that at some point during the chat on Sunday. It might not have been on the CBS broadcast, but they said it on one of the streams.

I'm pretty intrigued to see how he handles himself this week ... he's playing in New Orleans, right?

Originally Posted by jamo

Hmm, okay maybe that's where I saw it then.  I was gonna give GD some grief for posting something that had already been posted in the thread.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/swing-sequences/2011-04/evolution-of-tigers-swing Not to far off subject...very good story about Tigers swings through-out his life.A great read

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/swing-sequences/2011-04/evolution-of-tigers-swing Not to far off subject...very good story about Tigers swings through-out his life.A great read

That 2011 video is completely unrepresentative of the Foley swing.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!