Sign in to follow this  
iacas

2013 Masters Discussion Thread, Update with Tiger's Illegal Drop (Post #343)

Note: This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1,228 posts / 57496 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Oh that. I dunno, even Feherty said that tiger had 3 options for a drop there, and one was about 2 yards behind him. I dunno why, I know it was red stakes, but thats what was said before he made the shot.

Originally Posted by iacas

You guys signed off the chat prematurely.

See my Twitter feed, or https://www.facebook.com/iacas/posts/10151392268769227 .

Holy shit this is gonna suck....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Holy shit this is gonna suck....

I've found literally no one else mentioning this. Not on Facebook, Twitter, golf websites...

naww, there is no dq. He was given the option of dropping there by the rules official on the hole. Feherty spoke of his options before he took the second shot, and that was one of them.

Can Erik tell me what hole he is talking about?  You don't explain what hole you are talking about

15, the phlagstick ricochet.

Originally Posted by ApocG10

naww, there is no dq. He was given the option of dropping there by the rules official on the hole. Feherty spoke of his options before he took the second shot, and that was one of them.

No it isn't.

First, it's yellow. I don't know what Feherty is talking about. But let's pretend it is red. You get to:

• Replay the shot.
  • Drop on the line back from where it last crossed the hazard.
  • Drop within two clublengths.
  • Use a drop zone.

Tiger clearly used the first option. He didn't replay from the original spot. If he had chosen option #2 he'd have had to go well back on the line to the left.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Ugh, I feel like someone just pissed in my cornflakes.

I think there's roughly a 0.2% chance anything happens.

But I'd investigate if I was on the RC.

You guys signed off the chat prematurely.

See my Twitter feed, or https://www.facebook.com/iacas/posts/10151392268769227 .

Eric, given that it seems you're the only person who noticed this and then made other people aware. I'll remind you now that you could be about to become one of the most disliked men in golf if Tiger gets DQ'ed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Ugh, I feel like someone just pissed in my cornflakes.

I think there's roughly a 0.2% chance anything happens.

But I'd investigate if I was on the RC.

Either way it sucks because he either is going to get away with a broken rule or he's going to get DQ'd.

Originally Posted by Cracker24

Eric, given that it seems you're the only person who noticed this and then made other people aware. I'll remind you now that you could be about to become one of the most disliked men in golf if Tiger gets DQ'ed.

Yeah, I agree, that Eric dude's in for a shitstorm if anyone actually picks this up. ;-)

Rules are rules. What can I say? I think my posts here clearly paint me as NOT a Tiger hater or even a disliker at all. I've been rooting for him since 1996. Or before, since I watched his Am wins. I want him to get to 19. I want to see history made.

But Rules are Rules. Especially at the tournament Mr. Jones started.

Note: This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this