IGNORED

Golf or Golf Digest

WhiteSoxFan
Note: This thread is 6088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Golf or Golf Digest?

• Golf
    • Golf Digest
    • Other

I subscribe to both and like Golf Digest more because they have more equipment review articles which is the main reason I subscribe. The very best golf magazine in my opinion is the British Golf Today magazine. In-depth articles on a variety of items and a comprehensive coverage on equipment that covers a wide range of prices and non-OEM brands. Too bad that when it hits the U.S. news stands the magazine becomes $10 in price.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

I get BOTH for FREE so I can give a very unbiased opinion here, but honestly I just like Golf Digest MUCH better.

Better articles from better players, and the magazine is much better written in my opinion.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I like both but give the edge to Golf Digest because the articles are Excellent... However, get both if you can they are fun to look through.
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

I subscribe to both and like Golf Digest more because they have more equipment review articles which is the main reason I subscribe. The very best golf magazine in my opinion is the British Golf Today magazine. In-depth articles on a variety of items and a comprehensive coverage on equipment that covers a wide range of prices and non-OEM brands. Too bad that when it hits the U.S. news stands the magazine becomes $10 in price.

Holy, stop complaining. I bought Today`s golfer and Golf Digest at one of few shops in Trondheim, Norway today. Price? 95 kroner, or 17 USD after todays currency.

I guess I prefer Golf Digest, as I find the articles in general more appealing, but I buy them all, when they are available, of course, as the golf magazines made here in Norway in general are weak.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

I like them both....but like the articles generally more in golf digest. That said one article in Golf called the O-factor

http://www.golf.com/golf/instruction...593284,00.html
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Golf Digest, by far.

Just a better product, journalistically.

One time somebody showed me a Golf Magazine individual instruction article on certain aspects of the swing--it was the ones they did on the brown paper that were tailored to certain types of players (Power Hitter, Straight Shooter, Beginner, etc.).

Anyway, there were the instruction sequences with the drawings/sketches that they put in there. Anyway, a Golf Digest instruction article from several months prior showed photographs in the exact poses that were sketched for the Golf Magazine article.

In other words, GOLF ripped off a Golf Digest instructional article, pawning it off as their own.

GOLF Magazine, I think, is aiming at a different demographic...sort of a "Stuff" or "FHM" clientele, for Golf.

I've enjoyed reading GOLF in the past, and there are people I like and respect who subscribe to and read GOLF, so I can't say it's all bad, but I think Golf Digest is clearly superior.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
In other words, GOLF ripped off a Golf Digest instructional article, pawning it off as their own.

I don't know, man. Golf tips are so recycled who's to say Golf Digest didn't rip off a Golf Magazine article from 1984*?

Honestly, when was the last time you truly saw a "new" golf tip? I read both, and subscribe to both. I'd give the edge to Golf Digest, but it's probably 60/40 at most. I'm just glad they no longer publish the magazine in that awkward size from the 1990s. * or some year long ago when Golf was being published... I think they were around back then or even much earlier.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, golf tips and instruction is constantly recycled...

But the hilarious thing about this instance was that the artist for GOLF had literally copied - as much as one can with sketching a photograph - the photos from Golf Digest. It was basically counterfeiting, or forgery, or whatever the journalistic equivalent is...plagiarism (spelling?) is the term for words, I don't know if it applies to visual images.

My brother, who is the person who first introduced me to golf and the first low handicapper I know, preferred GOLF for years. I think GOLF under George Peper was different than GOLF today.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Administrator
But the hilarious thing about this instance was that the artist for GOLF had literally copied - as much as one can with sketching a photograph - the photos from Golf Digest.

I'll have to assume your memory is better than my guessing. I don't know what images you're talking about, but they clearly made an impression on you. If true, I wonder what the back story was there. People behaving badly is always interesting.

My brother, who is the person who first introduced me to golf and the first low handicapper I know, preferred GOLF for years. I think GOLF under George Peper was different than GOLF today.

Agreed.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for all of the responses.
The responses were so mixed the first week or so of this thread that I went ahead and subscribed to both.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Guest ShadowXOR
Thanks to the overwhelming majority I just subscribed to Golf Digest. When someone said Golf is geared towards the FHM/Maxim crowd that instantly sold me on Golf Digest.

• Administrator
How does the magazine differ from the free on line site?

It kills trees?

Also, articles are published more regularly and you can read it without using electricity if you'd like.

Note: This thread is 6088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!