IGNORED

Other than Tiger, who else is a lock to play well at The Masters ?

MGNJ88
Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heh heh heh, dats da guy.  Sccchneee-dee-ker!

Ha! I was seconds away from posting that. I must have seen that commercial a dozen times just during the back nine. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Oosthuizen yet. I know he's having a tough start, but I think he will be in the top 5.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

Ha! I was seconds away from posting that. I must have seen that commercial a dozen times just during the back nine.

I hate that commercial. And the others in the set.

It's tough to say who will play well.

Rory's had a tough year. Bubba's been bad. Phil won and then can't make cuts (but that's pretty typical for him, but his putting gives pause). Snedeker started off hot and then MCed.

Charles Howell III? He's from there but never seemed to perform well. Maybe he'll feel less pressure to be the hometown boy this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thorbjørn Olesen

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Would make an interesting story - but I don't think he has enough course knowledge.  Kid does look like he's an up-and-comer though.

You saw it here first ( remember that )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Of the Europeans, Rose is in the best nick. Rory is playing poorly but has shown he can turn it around very quickly in the past.

Peter Hanson to finish in the bottom half of the top 10 without anyone realising he is in the Tournament!

Only 3 rookies have won the Masters, two of which were the first 2 years! So history isn't with Thorbjorn.

Huh?

Love the way this guy plays ... always have.  May never be a superstar/big winner but he always impressed me as fairly solid and since you didn't say "who do you think has a chance to win" but "lock to play well" John Huh.

Plus "play well" is a bit indeterminate. In my book I sometimes see people "play well" and not get crap out of it and others play like crap and end up with a good score.  I'm assuming by play well you mean shoot low scores but I'm replying by my definition of play well.  For instance Bubba last year, if he had "played well" on the tee shot he wouldn't need the miracle, brilliant, ... add your superlative here shot on the second to close out the deal.  And in fact on the penultimate hole from an apparently decent spot in the fairway he couldn't get the ball as close as he did from out of the woods ... so in my book he played rather questionably but scored well enough to win, two very different things ... again just IMO.

Mike

Originally Posted by M2R

Huh?

Huh? Didn't you understand the question (joking).

It seems to me that there are several players who need an appt w/ Dr Rotella before the Masters. They have the game except when it comes to crunch time. and it seems TW has that old intimidation factor again -

Is this an interesting year in golf, or what? I can't remember a season where I looked forward to the weekly event like I have this season.

I say Ernie, I think he has something to prove, I know he hasn't played great as of late, but he seems to play best when he's got a statement to make.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Not saying he's a lock by any means but Just saw where Angel Cabrera was 5 under through 12 at the tournament this week, and we all know how he likes to show up out of no where at a major every now and then

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I fancy Keegan Bradley to do well, playing well of late and certainly has the game for Augusta.  I've had a small bet on him, will be keeping an eye on how he does this week.

Good round from Westwood today, he had 7 birdies so maybe his claims to have improved his short game since his move to the US are accurate.  I still don't quite fancy him down the back stretch on a Sunday though, the number of near misses he's had in the majors won't make it any easier as Monty found.

Originally Posted by tmf9

Not saying he's a lock by any means but Just saw where Angel Cabrera was 5 under through 12 at the tournament this week, and we all know how he likes to show up out of no where at a major every now and then

And I believe the last time he teed it up he missed the cut, and I believe he missed another cut in an earlier event this season.  So, yeah, he would be showing up out of nowhere.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

And I believe the last time he teed it up he missed the cut, and I believe he missed another cut in an earlier event this season.  So, yeah, he would be showing up out of nowhere.

seems to be what he does best lol

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!