Sign in to follow this  
logman

Footy started last night

At bloody last, after a crappy year of cricket, and a flogging in India.....THE FOOTY"S BACK.

Hoo fricken ray!!!!

Go Brisbane Lions!!

By footy, do you mean Australian rules football? I like that sport! When I was a kid (mid 1980's) espn was still kind of new and they showed a lot of "footy." Not too keen on the rules exactly, but it was fun to watch!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

By footy, do you mean Australian rules football? I like that sport!

When I was a kid (mid 1980's) espn was still kind of new and they showed a lot of "footy." Not too keen on the rules exactly, but it was fun to watch!

There is no other, Gdaddy.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Great sport.  Wish we could see more of it over here!

It's great, though very different to American football. Australian rules is played at a relentless , non stop speed whereas your game is very tactical. Love your game as well!

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I love the officials with the white suits and hats.

It's a little bit of insanity. Legend has it that one of the first umpires would finish work and head down to the ground still in their work gear and umpire the game. One of the first was a butcher and would umpire in his white butchers coat and hat.......and it stuck.

Yeah. haha, though it's all got a bit sanitized over the last few years. Games in the 1970,80's between traditional rivals often turned into real blood baths. It was a wonder no one got seriously injured or killed in those years. footy's changed a lot. The players are more highly skilled than those of previous decades but.......I miss the old days of "a bit of Biffo".

Originally Posted by ColeMc

CARN THE CATS!

Bloody cats supporters are everywhere!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • @Yff Theos Cp cf hit v swing  etc... None of these antiquated and mistaken false dichotomies have much relevance.   Saying a thing like a cp swing has low rate of closure and cf has high really means little.  Also you mention that you know how effective teaching either would be based on player type?  Sounds fishy to me. Correlating roc to skill at ballstriking is highly questionable. Instagram and you tube are not teachers.  IMO if you really want to get somewhere it takes years of experience.  IMO you sound like a person that absolutely correlates kinematics and skill.  Modern research is beginning to find that this is not the case as previously thought. online we all love data and some folks get all into the techy discussions about details.   Ultimately though information is just that.  The player has to execute the shot and that doesn't happen by analyzing the number three accumulator and also it's not a deal where you simply choose how to swing based on the quality of information you know.  Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and there are variations in athletic tendencies.   Mac was a great athlete and totally obsessed with golf.  Maybe it's easy for you to think well I like his mechanics so I will swing like that and teach what he did. But...  
    • @Golfingdad, as you know, he said "2-3 rotations." And the pixel math was on an angle that would make it as short as possible. And when you're talking about 10.56" vs. at least 18", that's a significant margin. Even 15.8 vs. 18" is a non-negligible percentage. But since you brought it up (while I happened to be in front of the TV): 1472.08 ball to hole, 263.62 width of the hole.
      263.62 / 4.25 = 62.02823529 pixels/inch.
      1472.08 pixels / 62.02823529 px/in = 23.73241788 inches. Almost exactly two feet.
    • That's a shame... so much talent. I hope she makes the change.
    • I used a launch monitor today and recorded ten swings from 5 clubs. These were all full swings at about 80%-90% effort. Everything but the driver was without a tee. The employee suggested I discard the duffs, but I decided to keep them. They lowered my averages but I thought they were a good "snapshot" of how I hit. No real surprises on distances or side angles (other than the pull hooks with my 5w), but the numbers on the driver may have provided something to work towards.  I have to do a better job of controlling my low point. Currently, I seem to be bottoming out too close to the ball. I'll have to review "How to hit the driver further" thread. 7i   5w   5i   Driver   4i
    •   You guys are less than 2.2" apart with these estimations.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. hockeyref18
      hockeyref18
      (18 years old)
    2. Mike86
      Mike86
      (31 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.