IGNORED

Least Favorite Player

clutchshot
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by meenman

Ricky Fowler - the cheesy mustache he used to have and the damn flat billed hat. It really pisses off one of the guys that used to work at my club because he says fowler is a *nice guy* - dont care, since I have never met or hung out with him.

Completely agree.

Originally Posted by tmf9

I agree that mustache had to go but you really hate someone cause of a flat billed hat?

The mustache and the flat billed hat would be enough but the lairy bright colours don't help either. Also I saw one of those "What's in the bag" video and after every club he just tossed them on the floor. Gave the impression that the he didn't care about the clubs and they were just a tool, whereas I think most golfers develop an affinity for their clubs which I like.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Also any golfer with a belly putter that tries to make the argument that there is no advantage to using a belly putter and so it shouldn't be banned. People need to actually read what the USGA and R&A; are saying.

It's not about an advantage, it's about what is considered a golf stroke.

Originally Posted by superfly777

Completely agree.

The mustache and the flat billed hat would be enough but the lairy bright colours don't help either. Also I saw one of those "What's in the bag" video and after every club he just tossed them on the floor. Gave the impression that the he didn't care about the clubs and they were just a tool, whereas I think most golfers develop an affinity for their clubs which I like.

So basically "flash" is a bad thing.  Fowler has actually started somewhat of a trend as far as flat billed hats go.  Taylormade, Nike, and even Titleist make them now.  Haven't seen the video personally but yeah I wouldn't like that either, I always treat my clubs with respect

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

My least favorite is the slowest one.  As soon as he speeds up, my least favorite will become the new slowest one.  These guys play way, way, way too slow and it's bled over into the amatuer game.  I don't even think a 4-hour round should be acceptable, but I'd love to be guaranteed a 4-hour round every time out with how bad it is now.

You can guess that I'm a Snedeker fan.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Originally Posted by tmf9

So basically "flash" is a bad thing.  Fowler has actually started somewhat of a trend as far as flat billed hats go.  Taylormade, Nike, and even Titleist make them now.  Haven't seen the video personally but yeah I wouldn't like that either, I always treat my clubs with respect

I'd say it's the difference between being "flash" and "flair". I like flair players like Ian Poulter and Jesper Parnevik who wear clothes that stand out but I think it's quite stylish (most of the time). I just think Fowler's style is tacky. Also need to add the entire Golf Boys video to the list of terrible ideas. Dunno if it's an american sense of humour but I just don't think its funny.

Here's the Fowler in the bag video. It's about half way through when he gets onto his woods.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don;t much care for the all orange look but I usually think he's pretty well dressed (in that video for example) Yeah I don't care for the way he just tossed those clubs, don't know exactly what he was goin for there.  The golfboy videos I have no problem with,  they're pretty cheesy and corny but it's just their way of trying to have some fun, and at least they're showing some golfers actually have a personality.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

Originally Posted by patriot07

My least favorite is the slowest one.  As soon as he speeds up, my least favorite will become the new slowest one.  These guys play way, way, way too slow and it's bled over into the amatuer game.  I don't even think a 4-hour round should be acceptable, but I'd love to be guaranteed a 4-hour round every time out with how bad it is now.

You can guess that I'm a Snedeker fan.

funny you say that.  i can't stand to watch Snedeker.  something about him is annoying to me.

aww man love snedeker hes a great guy

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

Barnes and Garrigus.  both arrogant pricks.  well they were to me anyways.

Garrigus gave me a nice "hello" last week near the pro shop @ Bay Hill. Didn't have to do that - thought it was a decent thing.

Also heard he was leading the project for collecting money for the "caddies' fund"

=============

Robert Garrigus is always giving back, even though it’s usually done behind the scenes and without a big shiny press release. He often picks up the food tab at the caddie trailer for the entire week. He’s thrown in a big-screen TV for the winner of the caddies’ closest-to-the-pin contest on Wednesday of The Players Championship. He’s paid the fees for the Caddies’ Tournament golf course, along with the $10K purse, the past several years.

This time, Garrigus, who earned a career-high $3.2 million in 2012, is taking it a step further and making things more official. He’s setting up a “Caddie Emergency Fund,” where PGA Tour caddies will have access to $100,000 for — yep, you guessed it — emergencies, and a scholarship foundation for caddies’ kids, which will probably be called Professional Tournament Caddie Association (PTCA) Foundation.

Garrigus got the idea originally from his caddie Brent Henley and his older brother Kip, who loops for Brian Gay.

“Brent and Kip were saying we need to do something for the guys who are struggling,” said Garrigus on Tuesday at Bay Hill. “Kip was talking about raising $100 a week, and I was like, I can do more than that. So, it was Kip’s original idea and then I expanded for it. I do stuff for them, like pay for their food whenever I can and I don’t want attention for it, but with this, I need people to donate and help out, too.

“It’s pretty cool that I am in the opportunity to do it.”

First, Garrigus explained that he, along with Tim West, who runs the Saturday Pro-Am Series, will start the “Caddie Emergency Fund,” which they expect to have established by the end of 2013. This will have $100,000 available for caddies who need the money, say there’s a funeral or operation, no questions asked.

“There’s a pretty darn good chance it’ll come from me,” said Garrigus when asked if he was financing the entire project on his own.

Then, in 2014 the PTCA Foundation will be up and running, where they will have a charity fundraiser and/or receive private donations.

“We’re going to have a golf tournament with the proceeds going to the Foundation,” said Garrigus. “If a caddie has a kid that wants to go to college — and they don’t have the money, they’ll have scholarships for their education.

“It’ll be specifically for the kids of PGA Tour caddies. A lot of guys make a lot of money and a lot of guys don’t…Some caddies are kind of loose with their money and some aren’t.”

Over the past seven to eight years out on Tour, Garrigus estimates he’s given $175,000-200,000 to caddies. Why? Because he can and it’s nice to be in that position.  ”It’d be nice to have your employers back you,” he said. “I’m in a position to help, so why not? We are kind of a big family out here, you know that.

“It’s something to say, someone actually cares about you and your family other than you, and if I can help one kid go to school, then that’s pretty cool. It’s something I can do to help and I probably would have liked to have something like that when I was growing up.”

So what Fowler throws his clubs in the video? Do you realize how much longer that video would've been if he sat there and put the cover back on each club and insert it back into his bag. Sorry, Just seems like you're really reaching to dislike someone.

I'm not saying its a hatred, just a mild distaste. And I've watch a hundred of these videos and none of the others threw them on the floor and no one was suggested putting the covers on. It would only have added 5 seconds to the entire video to put the woods back in the bag or lean them against it.

did yall see Fowler sink that birdie putt on the par 5 sunday to get within 2 shots of Tiger and he did some kinda stare down with Tiger almost saying "im coming for you"?  then Tiger proceeds to drain his 20 footer for birdie to stay 3 up.  LOL

know your role Rick dog.

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

did yall see Fowler sink that birdie putt on the par 5 sunday to get within 2 shots of Tiger and he did some kinda stare down with Tiger almost saying "im coming for you"?  then Tiger proceeds to drain his 20 footer for birdie to stay 3 up.  LOL

know your role Rick dog.

Nice to at least see someone try lol.  It's kind of amazing how when Tiger has a lead almost everyone near him folds, with the exception of Ye Yang of all people lol

What's in my bag?

Can't believe all the Fowler hate, I don't necessarily care for the orange Sunday outfit, however, he attracts younger people to the game and I think this is important.
  • Upvote 1

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Can't believe all the Fowler hate, I don't necessarily care for the orange Sunday outfit, however, he attracts younger people to the game and I think this is important.

I don't hate Fowler but what does it say about younger people today.  .that they are attracted by somebody who is heavily marketed but rarely wins?  Younger people are dumbasses, lol.

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!