IGNORED

The Definitive &#(@%ing Cursing/Swearing/Cussing/Profanity Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I call BS..

**** off. ;-)

:-D

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

72858133-AFCD-4EEF-9F16-2D04066B9F31.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I never f****** swear.  It was ingrained in me, at an early f****** age, to keep a civil f****** tongue in my mouth.  My grandfather said it best: "Listen you little b******, anybody can G** d*** swear.  But if you have the sense that God gave a G** d*** grapefruit...you can think of something else to G** d*** say".  He never used the F-word and I always  admired him for that.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

FWIW - When I was coaching youth soccer, baseball and basketball, I really worked on not swearing using words like "Fudge".

But that ending a few years ago so F***K IT.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When my dad drives, instead of saying F*** when the light turns red in front of him, he says Pismo Beach, because it still has a punch to it in terms of how its said.  I have used it quite a few times on the course.  On one particular occasion, I said it after leaving a shot out to the right on an approach and my co-worker that I was playing with commented that he moved here from Pismo Beach. :-D:-O I didn't know what to say back.   He was like cool, my home town is used in place of a curse word.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Reminds me of a time, in my younger days, when I missed a 3 foot putt on the 18th green that cost me about $100. I went into a expletive laden tirade that would have made a sailor blush only to find out a foursome of older ladies was standing on the adjacent #1 tee box. When we came around they were staring slack jawed in our direction trying to figure out who had let out such an abhorrent assault on the eardrums. It was not my finest hour. 

I have since tried to keep my vile rantings under my breath as to not horrify anyone else within earshot. Because, there's no f#%king way I will quite cussing! :pound:

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I couldn’t care less if I hear a golfer or anybody for that matter curse when it is due. Nor do I give a damn if my kids here it when watching golf or any other sport. They giggle ...and in an instant it’s forgotten. Much better than these poor ***clowns who call in to radio shows talking about CBS being disgusting and how they felt so enraged that little Johnny heard ‘f*** yeah’ from a golfer who dared show some emotion. Golf is the one sport where cursing is usually justified.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm a cook, so I swear like a f@cking sailor. Drop the spatula, "oh, F@ck". I mess up an order "Oh, S××t".

On the golf course, I'm worse than Tiger getting caught by a microphone. My regular foursome includes a woman in her early 40s (so basically my wife's age just a little older). She says f$ck more than the rest of us and I cuss a lot. I don't even think she's made a seven-word sentence without saying "f@ck"

I try to filter myself as best I can around my kids. My wife has to remind me sometimes. If the in-laws are over "oh, sh*t" here comes strict filtering.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• 2 weeks later...

You probably shouldn't swear out there at all. When your bleeping frickin ball goes the wrong frickin direction you have to call it on it don't you? Of course that is only a reflex so maybe that does not count. :whistle:

On 2/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, phillyk said:

When my dad drives, instead of saying F*** when the light turns red in front of him, he says Pismo Beach, because it still has a punch to it in terms of how its said.  I have used it quite a few times on the course.  On one particular occasion, I said it after leaving a shot out to the right on an approach and my co-worker that I was playing with commented that he moved here from Pismo Beach. :-D:-O I didn't know what to say back.   He was like cool, my home town is used in place of a curse word.

I love Pismo Beach, but thats a good one regardless.  I thought my tongue was getting more under control, but today had to golf at a new course that had the uniformity of a cow pasture.  Ends up cursing is like riding a f**king bike, picked up right where I left off. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, we5rnuts said:

Ends up cursing is like riding a f**king bike, picked up right where I left off. 

Did you read the OP?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, we5rnuts said:

Ya, did I miss something?

Never mind. I thought it was this topic, the title of which should tell you what I was thinking…

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Never mind. I thought it was this topic, the title of which should tell you what I was thinking…

Ah. Gotcha. And duly noted. ?

A is for Apple, B is for Bark, C is for Cat, and D is for Dark.  E is for Elephant, and F is for...well..."Emphasis".

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Did anyone hear the loud "AWW SHIT" that came from Johnny “Long Socks” McLaren yesterday? I believe it was on the par 3, 15th hole. Paul Casey's shot came up a  bit short and it sounded like he yelled it into the microphone. Feherty apologized for it :-P

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!