IGNORED

The Definitive &#(@%ing Cursing/Swearing/Cussing/Profanity Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

It is pretty funny when you hear an F bomb go echoing across a course..

That would be an opinion..

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jcorfive

Last year I made it a point to stop getting super angry at golf.  This was after I witnessed a friend snap a 6 iron in half on his bag after chucking it towards his bag.  I also lost a 3 wood in this manner.

now that i bring this up, i'm sure i'll snap a club on my next round, but...

how in the heck do people break clubs so easily?  i have given a couple of mine a beating or two before and never broken a club.  at least i figure when you bang a club on the ground or toss is up in the air out of frustration there is no way the impact is too much more intense than when you swing the club normally and take a divot.  i guess throwing clubs at carts or trees is different though, but why do that unless it's an accidental target?

A golfing buddy of mine broke his brand new Rocketballz 3W last year by holding it with a normal swing grip, but he went over-hand and axe-smashed the ground with it. The shaft shattered and the hosel snapped.

His nickname "Big Rich" suits him though because he is a big dude. It was funny for us because he's just a funny guy (not a typical hot head) and the break was clearly accidental. But to break it after owning it for only 2 weeks and repeatedly telling us how much he loved the club... hilarious if you were there.

Originally Posted by jcorfive

Last year I made it a point to stop getting super angry at golf.  This was after I witnessed a friend snap a 6 iron in half on his bag after chucking it towards his bag.  I also lost a 3 wood in this manner.  It's just golf after all.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

now that i bring this up, i'm sure i'll snap a club on my next round, but...

how in the heck do people break clubs so easily?  i have given a couple of mine a beating or two before and never broken a club.  at least i figure when you bang a club on the ground or toss is up in the air out of frustration there is no way the impact is too much more intense than when you swing the club normally and take a divot.  i guess throwing clubs at carts or trees is different though, but why do that unless it's an accidental target?

In my life, I have broken 2 clubs out of anger ... and felt like a complete idiot both times.  One involved slamming it into the ground, and yes, I had to do it pretty hard.  The other time I whacked my bag with my wedge after a crappy pitch.  When I stepped up to hit my next tee shot, during my first waggle, my driver broke in two pieces because I had basically severed it with the wedge.

Lesson learned.  Don't break clubs.

1.  You look like a jackass to everybody else on the course.

2.  You'll feel like one too.

3.  The bad shot you just hit still exists.  (It doesn't magically go away)

4.  You put yourself in a mental position to hit more bad shots.

5.  And to top it all off, you have to pay to get them fixed or replaced.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

In my life, I have broken 2 clubs out of anger ... and felt like a complete idiot both times.  One involved slamming it into the ground, and yes, I had to do it pretty hard.  The other time I whacked my bag with my wedge after a crappy pitch.  When I stepped up to hit my next tee shot, during my first waggle, my driver broke in two pieces because I had basically severed it with the wedge.

Imagine if you were judged for the rest of your life based on those two incidents?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Imagine if you were judged for the rest of your life based on those two incidents?

LOL.  Precisely why I don't have strong negative opinions about things like Rory's WD earlier this year.  It would be hypocritical of me to think he's a jerk and then be offended when everybody else thinks the same of me.  We all make mistakes, we all do stupid sh*t, but that doesn't really mean that is who we are.

I forgot to add, though, that I still like to curse when I eff up.

We had a member who was notorious for breaking clubs in anger. One time I was playing with him and another guy who had been a Division I defensive lineman (Read: BIG!).

The Angry Young Man hit an awful drive and swung around toward us to the side and slammed his driver into the ground, making the head snap off and come spinning fast and hard in our direction. After jumping out of the way, Division I Guy walked menacingly toward him and told him that if he ever did something like that in his presence again, he would be very sorry. The guy practically got on his knees in contrition and was on good behavior the rest of the day.

He is long gone now, but that is his legacy. Everybody remembers him as the nut who broke golf clubs.

Bill M

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

http://deadspin.com/5955434/suck-my-****in-dick-you-piece-of-shit-golfer-mark-wiebes-on+air-meltdown-would-fit-in-well-on-your-local-muni

makes you wonder how he treats his kids... can you imagine an A- on a report card?

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Originally Posted by divot dave

makes you wonder how he treats his kids... can you imagine an A- on a report card?

I've called myself names before after performing poorly.  But never have I done so with any of the kids I coach.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The other time I whacked my bag with my wedge after a crappy pitch.  When I stepped up to hit my next tee shot, during my first waggle, my driver broke in two pieces because I had basically severed it with the wedge. Lesson learned.  Don't break clubs.

Yes but otoh, think of the entertainment you provided the other players by breaking that driver in such a spectacular fashion - I would have rolled around on the grass LMAO. Isn't it a bit selfish to deprive us of this sort of thing? ...... ;>)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Chas

Yes but otoh, think of the entertainment you provided the other players by breaking that driver in such a spectacular fashion - I would have rolled around on the grass LMAO.

Isn't it a bit selfish to deprive us of this sort of thing? ...... ;>)

LOL, fair point.  My friends were doing exactly that!  Well, I don't think they were literally on the grass, but they were hysterical.

I will definitely drop some curses while playing, but I don't let myself get angry for any extended period of time. I don't know where I read this but the phrase "You're not good enough to get mad" is something I like to hold on to. That and, "The worst day on the course is better than the best day at work". Although difficult at times, laughing at a horrible shot seems to loosen me up.

This past weekend my buddy let fly a few choice words along with his wedge. It was a nice throw but it flew into a tree and stayed there. I suggested he throw a provisional club since I didn't know if we would be able to find the first one. LOL He wasn't amused.

• Upvote 5

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Originally Posted by NM Golf

This past weekend my buddy let fly a few choice words along with his wedge. It was a nice throw but it flew into a tree and stayed there. I suggested he throw a provisional club since I didn't know if we would be able to find the first one. LOL He wasn't amused.

I don't care who your are, that is funny right there

dak4n6

post of the month!

I'm gonna steal that one at some point in time!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's easy to prevent the club from breaking if it's an iron or wedge! just turn the toe of the club to the ground... won't break and you can still get upset :)

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!