IGNORED

The Definitive &#(@%ing Cursing/Swearing/Cussing/Profanity Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Come to think of it, no other sport or game invokes anywhere near the level of intensity of self-beratement that is seen in golf.  Why is that?

I would tend to agree the only exception is singles tennis. It seems to effect only a certain portion of players similar to golf. When ever I got a guy to crackup I knew I had him game set match.

Originally Posted by club ho

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Come to think of it, no other sport or game invokes anywhere near the level of intensity of self-beratement that is seen in golf.  Why is that?

I would tend to agree the only exception is singles tennis. It seems to effect only a certain portion of players similar to golf. When ever I got a guy to crackup I knew I had him game set match.

Hmmm, G & T are my two favorite sports. What am I, a masochist (my apologies to any S&M; adherents out there)? I once had a beautiful Head Prestige Mid, only a few months old, and one day I was playing like kaka and I smashed it on the court, first one only cracked it a little so then I really destroyed it on the next blow and tossed it over the fence with a FU farewell. Gotta admit, it felt kinda good.

Never broke a club though...

dak4n6

club ho.....I am going to use the spontaneous therapeutic forms of tension relief..... description just to get a response from my plant worker buddies

When I am playing well, I am the calmest guy but when I play bad shot after shot, I often can't control myself ;) haha. There are 2 reasons I have the 4 irons in my bag...as a stretching club, and a smashing club ;) lmao...but seriously I don't throw clubs. I just drop it during the swing after a bad shot and swear my head off, but that's about it

Originally Posted by ajst22

When I am playing well, I am the calmest guy but when I play bad shot after shot, I often can't control myself ;) haha. There are 2 reasons I have the 4 irons in my bag...as a stretching club, and a smashing club ;) lmao...but seriously I don't throw clubs. I just drop it during the swing after a bad shot and swear my head off, but that's about it

Sounds like me.  I've had so many people ask me why I drop my clubs all the time, and I tell them it's to keep me from breaking them/ throwing them and it's the honest truth.  I've only thrown a club once in my lifetime and felt like a complete ass for doing it, so now after a bad shot I just drop it and say colorful string of cuss words and if i'm still mad take my anger out on the teebox by unleashing on a driver.  A really long drive makes me feel better even if I'm in an adjacent fairway lol

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Originally Posted by tmf9

Sounds like me.  I've had so many people ask me why I drop my clubs all the time, and I tell them it's to keep me from breaking them/ throwing them and it's the honest truth.

There are days when I wished that I threw clubs......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The degree of the expletive is directly proportional to the degree of being jacked . A bad tee shot might get a muffled f-me under my breath. Recently following a nice drive I smoked a 5 iron - just pured it- had to cut a pine tree fairly close but it was doable. As I watched it sail by the tree, it exploded a big hanging pine cone & dropped straight down. JACKED!! This particular situation required a more forceful expletive display that I'm fairly confident was heard on the next fairway. Justifiably so ....
  • Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by tmf9

...I've had so many people ask me why I drop my clubs all the time, and I tell them it's to keep me from breaking them/ throwing them and it's the honest truth....

A friend of mine was having a not-so-great day on the course a while back and learned this lesson the hard way.  He's pretty laid back and doesn't throw temper fits, but after a bad tee shot on a par 3, he walked off the tee box and tossed his pitching wedge toward the cart in disgust.  He didn't throw it at the cart per se, just tossed it in the general direction intending for it to land in the grass somewhere near the cart.  His club took an odd bounce, hit the cart and his (graphite) shaft shattered.  I've never seen him toss a club since.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

As frustrating as the game can be at times, I find that any kind of negative reaction to a shot you've made just displays a lack of control in what you are doing. I try to disassociate negative reaction with having any kind of effect on my game, whereas positive visualisation and focus will improve it.

I stopped playing with a guy late last season who I was regularly playing with every Friday morning. It's one thing to drop a word your mother would smack you for, but when you call the ball a racial slur and then proceed to swing your putter at it - while on the green - and take a divot out of the green, you're an idiot in my book.

As soon as that happened, I went over to the spot and fixed the damage to the best of my ability and drove us both back to the clubhouse's parking lot. He asked me what I was doing and I said I was going to hit a different course and we never spoke again. On my way to the next course, I called the club to report the damage on their green and gave them a quick rundown of what happened.

I'm fine with swearing because I have a sailor's mouth myself... but I'll typically do it in a way that makes people that I'm playing with laugh... and often myself as well. I'm not ever going to offend anyone personally (either directly or indirectly) though, especially by jumping far beyond the "line" like this guy did. I am white, not that it matters, but there were several gentlemen on the next green who would definitely have had a major problem if the word was said just a little louder. Fortunately, they didn't hear it.

Originally Posted by Spyder

I stopped playing with a guy late last season who I was regularly playing with every Friday morning. It's one thing to drop a word your mother would smack you for, but when you call the ball a racial slur and then proceed to swing your putter at it - while on the green - and take a divot out of the green, you're an idiot in my book.

Yeah, I'd say that's grounds for getting thrown off the course.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, I'd say that's grounds for getting thrown off the course.

For sure. It took a lot of restraint to not physically throw him off myself. Had I been single and not married with a newborn, I would have needed to make a collect call.

Originally Posted by Spyder

For sure. It took a lot of restraint to not physically throw him off myself. Had I been single and not married with a newborn, I would have needed to make a collect call.

I think you handled it pretty well, including letting the pro shop know.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

****ing Bump. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

****ing Bump. :-)

Good call. I had forgotten about this thread, and the other one was veering off topic.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Good call. I had forgotten about this thread, and the other one was veering off topic.

Thanks. I'll probably move some of the posts that don't have anything to do with TW and have more to do with swearing here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!