IGNORED

Purpose of using yellow balls?

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yellow has always been, for me, easier to see in flight and on the ground. That said.......I still almost always use white. Guess I don't have the guts to use yellow. When I first started golfing thirty years ago, I used orange............boy were they easy to spot!!!!

SteveG.

Callaway RAZRX  4- PW Lefty
Callaway forged wedges 52 deg. 56 deg. and 60 deg. LH
Nike Covert 2.0. Driver Stiff LH set neutral 10.5 deg.
Titleist 3 Wood 15 deg.Stiff LH
Titleist 5  wood 18.5 deg. Stiff LH 
Odyssey  35", LH
Titleist Pro V1

I use the Srixon yellows... Combo of QStar and ZStar... Tried them when they came out and have just gotten used to them. Love the fact that I can tell my ball easily from groups members or strays. The ZStars are even easily differentiated from other yellow balls.

I switched to yellow Srixon balls last season. I lose track of white balls on overcast days in that grey sky. Also, in the winter when the grass turns light color, a white ball is hard for me to see. This season, I switched to the Wilson "nuclear orange" smart core ball. Boy, you can spot those a mile away!  Never a problem as to the ID of whose ball. Just don't stare at the ball too long or handle it for prolonged periods of time.

Originally Posted by gavind

I switched to yellow Srixon balls last season. I lose track of white balls on overcast days in that grey sky. Also, in the winter when the grass turns light color, a white ball is hard for me to see. This season, I switched to the Wilson "nuclear orange" smart core ball. Boy, you can spot those a mile away!  Never a problem as to the ID of whose ball. Just don't stare at the ball too long or handle it for prolonged periods of time.

The Wilson Smartcore nuclear orange is my ball too ... brightest ball I've ever seen ... by alot.    Bad news, I think they've been discontinued ... they're not listed on the Wilson web site & Budgetgolf.com has them on closeout.    I bought alot of them - probably going to by more before they're gone ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was using the yellow Bridgestone E-6.. A few rounds back, it seemed like everyone on the course was using a yellow ball of some sorts. I went out and bought some orange E-6 balls and like them even more. I find it the easiest to see in all conditions.

So in my opinion, the advantage is being able to see them better in flight.

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!