IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Great looking backswings @nevets88!

Thanks. I think if there's one thing I learned in 2014, it's figuring out how to get the club better on plane for the backswing from the dtl view and if it goes off track, I can get it back relatively quickly. Key #1, head forward and back-ish on the fo view for backswing , but I guess that's probably something to clean up later if that's possible/priority.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Trying to get rid of some of my old man finish. BS too long, but getting that right hip a tad more up and forward. Just a nudge I think.

More gooder. Think "explosive" too.

Left wrist better? Can't tell (FO - need DL view for that of course).

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Trying to get rid of some of my old man finish. BS too long, but getting that right hip a tad more up and forward. Just a nudge I think.

More gooder. Think "explosive" too.

Left wrist better? Can't tell (FO - need DL view for that of course).

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to get hips more active, forward and up, wrist a little more bowed for longer, modicum of success?

Getting hips more active > not shallowing shaft from A4, steep from top here. Need to blend it all together?

Face very closed. Not worry - clean up later?

Trying to get hips more active, forward and up, wrist a little more bowed for longer, modicum of success?  Getting hips more active > not shallowing shaft from A4, steep from top here. Need to blend it all together? Face very closed. Not worry - clean up later?

Is this like a set up for what is to come, so if you don't play well the next time out you can say that you didn't activate your hips enough? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of practice, perhaps reason for losing a little of the shallowing move from A4? Steep. Trying for more wrist bow and hip action seems to steepen shaft on DS. Hips, shoulders tad more closed @ impact compared to early Dec? Feel like being used more than before. Need to get the shallowing back.

Ran into the YouTube didn't play all frames from 120 fps iPhone video problem. Last time uploaded 120 fps to YT, all frames played. Alternate vid editor @ 25% speed, stutters and ghosts. No good. Upgrade iMovie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Trying to get hips more active, forward and up, wrist a little more bowed for longer, modicum of success?

Getting hips more active > not shallowing shaft from A4, steep from top here. Need to blend it all together?

Face very closed. Not worry - clean up later?

Is this like a set up for what is to come, so if you don't play well the next time out you can say that you didn't activate your hips enough? :)

Ha ha, at my next press conference. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would exaggerating getting your hips more forward in a drill at A5-6 help the finish?  I am working on a similar thing, slide hips from A4 to 5, rotate right hip from A5 - 8.  Stephan wants to see my knees closing faster and the slide/rotation does that.

Would exaggerating getting your hips more forward in a drill at A5-6 help the finish?  I am working on a similar thing, slide hips from A4 to 5, rotate right hip from A5 - 8.  Stephan wants to see my knees closing faster and the slide/rotation does that.

Yeah, I think I can get my hips a little more forward and rotate earlier and up? Also, I'm the opposite of stupid monkey. I try to be stupid, but I micro manage my swing. Can't. Stop. Being. Type A. :-) I don't ever expect to get the monkey badge, as much as I try. :-( Short of a lobotomy. Or hypnosis. :-)